Page 168 of 270 FirstFirst ... 68118158164165166167168169170171172178218268 ... LastLast
Results 2,506 to 2,520 of 4044
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    independence mean space and having your own. Right he's in his late 20s, time leave you own mark on the world and start you own family. Not be the oldest kid in daddy's house, Sad. By the way, what's the point of dick being in bludhaven and not gotham then?
    He already has his own, he’s not allowed to pursue anymore becuase of Bruce but that may change soon

Spectacular Member

Do you guys really feel the batfamily is dick's team? Nightwing being 100% bat! Is that what you guys want? I thought dick becomimg nightwing was him looking for independence from the bat, from gotham. I look nightwing as independent DCU first and bat secondary but I guess that just me.
    The batfamily is dick's primary team, because the bat-corner of the DC Universe is where he spends 90% of his time. This is also the case with Batman, who is on the Justice League, but whose main team will always be the batfamily (evidently).

Dick's "I need space! I'm gonna live with my friends in a T-shaped Tower away from dad" was charming when he was 18. He's now more mature, and that wouldn't fit. There’s a big difference between independence and rebelliousness.

By the way, what's the point of dick being in bludhaven and not gotham then?
    If I'm not mistaken, Bludhaven is literally across the river from Gotham. He can visit Bruce in 30min. In real-world comparisons, it’s like Jersey City and New York.

Story-wise, it allows Dick to have a space to care for himself while also being actively involved with Bruce, Barbara, Tim, and the rest of the family. This is very common in comics: for example, Daredevil and Hell’s Kitchen - he has that area to look after, and then he can meet up with Spider-Man or the Defenders at any time the story calls for it.

But does it have it be titans is there nothing else for him as character outside of the batbook?
    Unfortunately I don't think there is. Outside of his time as Batman he's pretty much just revolved around the Titans when he is used outside the Batbooks.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    I mean you can use that excuse, but seems very arbitrary if only Raptor resurrected. Not that i'm complaining that he is alive, i just wished he was in the Nightwing book and not in the Robin one.
    Death Metal's epilogue mentioned that a lot of people had been resurrected. Roy and Lian Harper are two more examples. The continuity changes at the end of it are a catch-all explanation for people being back without us being shown how.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    I feel like Nightwing could be removed from academy soon. If Roy returns definitely
    That's not likely. Based on the cover for November, both Roy Harper and Wally West will join up, but nobody's leaving unless the Academy closes.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, Bludhaven is literally across the river from Gotham. He can visit Bruce in 30min. In real-world comparisons, it’s like Jersey City and New York.

Story-wise, it allows Dick to have a space to care for himself while also being actively involved with Bruce, Barbara, Tim, and the rest of the family. This is very common in comics: for example, Daredevil and Hell’s Kitchen - he has that area to look after, and then he can meet up with Spider-Man or the Defenders at any time the story calls for it.
    Yeah, in Marvel, Ms. Marvel Kamala Khan and the Wasp are both from New Jersey. They do stuff in New York all the time.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Death Metal's epilogue mentioned that a lot of people had been resurrected. Roy and Lian Harper are two more examples. The continuity changes at the end of it are a catch-all explanation for people being back without us being shown how.
    Haven't yet read Death Metal (doesn't look like my sort of thing), but I do love it when DC just handwaves "and everyone was resurrected" at the end of an event. Shows hilarious levels of self-awareness.

I honestly prefer that than having multiple "it was a clone! it was a robot! it was a fakeout! it was a multidimensional rift!" storylines. Just do it all at once and be done with it. I guess that on the batcorner of DC you could use a Lazarus Pit to have brought back Raptor instead.

Great moment between Dick and Damian in Robin #5, out today.
    I still miss them together.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by L.H. View Post
    I think he should make Bludhaven his homebase, not to far from Gotham
    But also space from Bruce

It was great, really! They are my Dynamic Duo and i miss them together too.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    I think he should make Bludhaven his homebase, not to far from Gotham
    But also space from Bruce
    I would be down for that! Bring him to Bludhaven with the Batgirls.
    Gotham can have Harley and the Tynion OCs.

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Extraordinary Member

It was great, really! They are my Dynamic Duo and i miss them together too.
    That ‘you were my robins first “ touched my heart

I would be down for that! Bring him to Bludhaven with the Batgirls.
    Gotham can have Harley and the Tynion OCs.
    Ok, this will be perfect!

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Gleb posted this as a teaser for people to buy Robin so I'm not counting it as a spoiler anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Gleb posted this as a teaser for people to buy Robin so I'm not counting it as a spoiler anymore

The only bad part of the art is that Dick is skinny asf in this.

Same. I really wish we got more of them still working together after Bruce came back. I remember in the Rebirth run, Dick said that he thought about taking Damian with him after Bruce's return. And, as much as I love Tomasi's Batman and Robin run....I also kinda wish that had happened.

Extraordinary Member

The only bad part of the art is that Dick is skinny asf in this.
    He’s anime sharp