Page 231 of 270 FirstFirst ... 131181221227228229230231232233234235241 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,465 of 4044

I hope Tom does indeed prove me wrong and it's just do to you now the first of his arc but this is also why Dick needs his own office. We can't always have him be in special events for the Batfam since he is a titan and his own hero. I would love for them to get a crossover with other heroes not just the Batfam. This is probably never going to happen but if they want a Batfam book just for events that would be better than ruining Nightwing's run for a Batevent. I would also love a crossover for other heroes not just Batfam. We have enough Batfam books but never a special Titan book or maybe him hanging out with Roy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ameerha View Post
    Yeah, this event killed Nightwings hype.
    Hopefully not entirely but it definitely was a bore that derailed the book. Yet another pointless tie in for Nightwing that derailed his stories.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Off topic but with the success of the character in young justice I'm suprised that dc hasn't brought Artemis into the comics.

Her and dick are close in the show so I'd love if dc had her as nightwing's black cat/ catwoman in the comics.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Nightwing View Post
    I'm just a little crabby about Nightwing getting derailed when it was finally picking up steam.
    Don't know the book was imo pretty slow paced before, and the next story arc about Dick's puppy getting kidnapped, also doesn't really sound like the most exciting plot ever.

It was slow paced, I found that too but he had met his sister and just encountered Heartless face to face and then he just drops everything to go to Gotham. Presumably, Heartless is chilling in the pub waiting for him to get back.

I'm excited for the Haley arc. I love her. I'm more invested in this dog than I am his long lost sister or his rekindled love affair with Babs. I can recognise Haley for the sort of cheap gimmick she is but I still fell for it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    Off topic but with the success of the character in young justice I'm suprised that dc hasn't brought Artemis into the comics.

Her and dick are close in the show so I'd love if dc had her as nightwing's black cat/ catwoman in the comics.
    She technically is just not the version we know
    Tigress Artemis (archer) and sportsmaster are small potatoes in main continuity, and she does know wally which I fear has most of her fan appeal

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I hope Tom does indeed prove me wrong and it's just do to you now the first of his arc but this is also why Dick needs his own office. We can't always have him be in special events for the Batfam since he is a titan and his own hero. I would love for them to get a crossover with other heroes not just the Batfam. This is probably never going to happen but if they want a Batfam book just for events that would be better than ruining Nightwing's run for a Batevent. I would also love a crossover for other heroes not just Batfam. We have enough Batfam books but never a special Titan book or maybe him hanging out with Roy.
    Why so they can have him job to Roy again, while he mocks him on a conceptual level, all so Roy can then ride off back into irrelevance. Dick's already in a Titans book. 2 actually.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 11-18-2021 at 04:16 AM.

I get that. You can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear and all that jazz. I'm just a little crabby about Nightwing getting derailed when it was finally picking up steam.
    Look at it this way, it gave Redondo time to show off. Which will probably get things rolling again.

It was slow paced, I found that too but he had met his sister and just encountered Heartless face to face and then he just drops everything to go to Gotham. Presumably, Heartless is chilling in the pub waiting for him to get back.

I'm excited for the Haley arc. I love her. I'm more invested in this dog than I am his long lost sister or his rekindled love affair with Babs. I can recognise Haley for the sort of cheap gimmick she is but I still fell for it.
    I'm pretty sure it's not an arc, it's just a one shot. That one with all the pages connected.
    We'll see where the story will be going by tomorrow with the solicits.

Meanwhile he looks to play a big part in the Shadow of the Bat arc.
    Last edited by Drako; 11-18-2021 at 05:42 AM.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post

Sounds like him, Batwoman and Huntress as the main drivers - which I might like more than him being Batman, if we're looking at a Bruce-less Gotham. The kind of collaboration that Bruce was never as good at - and Dick and Helena are always good together.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Don't know the book was imo pretty slow paced before, and the next story arc about Dick's puppy getting kidnapped, also doesn't really sound like the most exciting plot ever.
    It sounds like filler to me. Pretty disappointing that that's all someone can come up with for Dick.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's not an arc, it's just a one shot. That one with all the pages connected.
    We'll see where the story will be going by tomorrow with the solicits.

Nah, rescuing Haley isn't a one shot. It's already a two parter, maybe more.

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    It sounds like filler to me. Pretty disappointing that that's all someone can come up with for Dick.

They tried to kidnap the Haley in issue 87, but that's it. It's not a two parter.

NIGHTWING #88
    Written by TOM TAYLOR
    Art and cover by BRUNO REDONDO
    Variant cover by JAMAL CAMPBELL
    1:25 variant cover by BRUNO REDONDO
    $3.99 US | 32 pages | $4.99 US Variant (Card Stock)
    ON SALE 1/18/22

The blue stripes are back! Nightwing gets an updated suit starting this issue!

Meanwhile, after the distressing events of rescuing Haley from getting dognapped by bad guys, Nightwing discovers there are way more hits on Dick Grayson than he realized, thanks to going public about his fortune, and he needs to find a clever way to be Dick Grayson and Nightwing at the same time.

Meanwhile, Heartless tries to buy power away from Blockbuster in order to take control of Blüdhaven, and both of these big bads have Nightwing in their crosshairs.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    Is it? Issue 87 is the one where people are trying to steal the dog, presumably as a hook to hang the "all in one image" action sequence off. Solicit for 88 starts "Meanwhile, after the distressing events of rescuing Haley...". So resolved by then, and used as a jumping off point for Dick realising he has a target on his back.

Seems fine, if not the most exciting thing in the world in principle.

Eta: Snap!
    Last edited by Claude; 11-18-2021 at 09:52 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Bro, he will never get his own office. Wonder Woman does not have her own office.

Dick finally gets a line in Young Justice today.