Page 95 of 270 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105145195 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 4044

Politics? Wow! you can feel the action radiating from the pages already.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rakiduam View Post
    Politics? Wow! you can feel the action radiating from the pages already.
    we got a mystery on our hands gang

They are really going all out with the Dixon nostalgia. Some get their wish and Dick was a cop again. So far the art is really carrying this run heavily. Also with the whole "everything is canon" thing we've run into the exact problem many thought would happen. Rebirth and pre-New52 can't really both exist because both tell the story of Dick's first time in Bludhaven, but I guess it will just be ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I actually think Johns recognized Dick needed his current world blew up. He had more ideas for Dick and Owlman in FE, but never got to really fleshing out those ideas. But nonetheless what the Bat office was doing, and apparently was going to do, was a whole lot of nothing. They were just spinning their wheels. Sweeping things under the rug was pretty much the entire philosophy with Dick’s after the New 52. So of course that’s what they wanted to do after FE. That’s all they did prior to it. Luckily they accidentally double booked themselves into something cool.
    If Johns cared he could have incorporated Dick and Owlman's story into his JL run after Forever Evil. You act like he couldn't. He's the one that exposed his identity in the first place. If he wanted to he would have continued the story and taken control of it, but he didn't care enough and dropped it completely. Even him having Lex find out Bruce was Batman from it basically went nowhere. He was more interested in writing Lex as a superhero than anything.

Johns frequently set plotlines up that he never bothered to follow through on himself. New Krypton for Superman, Cold’s heist & Owlman’s schemes for JL, Diana having a twin brother. He’d either abandon them or pawn them off to someone else to focus on the stuff he cared about. Dick was just another casualty. That said I wouldn’t be surprised if outing Dick was a compromise with Didio who I’m sure was pushing to kill him off for real. Johns made a sacrifice before by killing Conner instead of Dick in Infinite Frontier.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I hope that at some point people will stop using Didio as a shield to rationalise why some writer doing dumb **** was ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Cover for issue 83
    How many excuses can one run make to show Dick shirtless ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    To be fair, what Dick says in response to the cops asking about leaving the BPD is spoilers:
    that there were "too many criminals", which to me sounds a lot like Dick taking a jab at the actual police force instead of Bludhaven.
    end of spoilers If that means Dick's going to have an interesting relationship with the BPD as Dick Grayson (and not just as Nightwing), that's good news to me.
    spoilers:
    But that was true for the Post-Crisis Bludhaven PD too.
    end of spoilers

I know a lot of people hate that Dick was a cop, I'm fine with it. He was trying to stop the rampant corruption in the force, which felt like it was true to his character to me. I hope Svoboda shows up. I found her interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Nightwing View Post
    I know a lot of people hate that Dick was a cop, I'm fine with it. He was trying to stop the rampant corruption in the force, which felt like it was true to his character to me. I hope Svoboda shows up. I found her interesting
    Yeah, I liked when Dick was a cop. I find it boring when characters are just “superheroing” and nothing else. So, IMO, bring on the romance, bring on Dick fighting corruption as a cop.

I can buy Dick getting a desk job at a police department while also being Nightwing but him being Nightwing on top of being an active duty police officer? Nah.

Isn't dick the guy who hated school because of how bored he was in class room and needed action? I don't see dick grayson with a desk job. To me dick is supposed to be a man of action and adventure.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    Isn't dick the guy who hated school because of how bored he was in class room and needed action? I don't see dick grayson with a desk job. To me dick is supposed to be a man of action and adventure.
    He’s almost 30 now people change

He will be a man of action when he is out as Nightwing. If he is a man of action in both his civilian and superhero life, then he will quickly turn into the man of burn outs.

I think he appreciated the girls...

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    He’s almost 30 now people change
    No they settle. Wasn't just in rebirth his first night in bludhaven he was rolling on the floor from boredom before hitting the streets as nightwing.

No they settle. Wasn't just in rebirth his first night in bludhaven he was rolling on the floor from boredom before hitting the streets as nightwing.
    Even action heroes need rest and a good amount of a crime fighters work involves investigations which is an excellent reason why he would take a desk job as a cop.

It compliments his role as Nightwing.

Dick is more than action and adventure. He is also a detective.

Nightwing doesn't just deal with bad guys he see's committing crimes on the street. He works cases
    Last edited by Fergus; 05-17-2021 at 06:01 PM.