Page 1 of 270 123451151101 ... LastLast

Default Dick Grayson: Robin/Nightwing/Agent 37 Appreciation 2021

Nightwing Returns in March 2021

Its a new year, so here is to a better Nightwing in 2021.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 01-01-2021 at 03:20 AM.

Most definitely, things are looking great for Grayson to launch off the year

Scott McDaniel will always be my favorite artist for Nightwing (Dick Grayson):

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I bring a Newsarama

Newsarama: Tom, perhaps the biggest surprise in the announcement of you taking over Nightwing and DC's subsequent solicitation copy for March's issue #78 was the addition of Barbara Gordon as a main cast member.

In the Death Metal: Last Stories of the DC Universe, Dicks and Babs get married— sort of—for the night. How does that inform their relationship in your series?

Tom Taylor:
    An alternate universe tale set in the future doesn't really inform our story, but everything Nightwing and Batgirl have been through over the years does.

I love the relationship they have. They're great partners and there have been some great stories for the two. We want to tell the next chapter of Babs and Dick's story.

Our series is informed by Gail Simone, Chuck Dixon, Scott McDaniel, Tim Seeley, Nicola Scott, Kyle Higgins, Devin Grayson, and so many more wonderful creators.

Nrama: Sticking with Batgirl, by Nightwing's side do you mean fighting crime on the streets and rooftops. Will Batgirl still be an active superhero?

Taylor:
    Yes. Batgirl will be an active hero. Actually, she'll be two active heroes. The challenges and threats facing Blüdhaven will need Nightwing, Batgirl, and Oracle.

Nrama: The solicit for your Nightwing debut states the story "takes Nightwing to the next stage of his evolution as a hero!" What can you tell readers about how Nightwing will evolve?

Taylor:
    Part of this is evolution, and part of this is just acknowledging that Nightwing belongs alongside DC's A-listers.

Dick Grayson has been a hero for eighty years. He's lived in the shadow of the bat for much of that time, but my favorite Dick stories are his own when he's the main man. When he's leading the Titans or the Justice League or just standing against it all as a lone vigilante.

Our series is definitely about Nightwing. It's about why he's such a good hero and pushing that further. In the first issue, an opportunity is going to come his way which will test him in a way he's never been tested.

What he chooses to do with this will demonstrate how different he is from Bruce Wayne. This isn't about Gotham. This is about Blüdhaven. This is about a lost, corrupted city ruled by fear and calling out for a hero. This is about a hero stepping out of the shadows to answer the call and to push back against the darkness as a positive, entertaining, compassionate force for good.

https://www.gamesradar.com/tom-taylo...atus-for-dick/

Happy New Year everyone, and here's to all of us (including Grayson) having a better 2021 than we had a 2020!

Now, you know what makes me interested in that interview Restingvoice posted? The line about "stepping out of the shadows...and to push back against the darkness as a positive, entertaining...."

Kind of makes me think Nightwing is going to be a much more public and interactive hero, rather than the shadowy stalker of evil. A more "Superman" approach to heroism, rather than a "Batman" one. And I'm really digging that. Maybe I'm wrong and Taylor will have Dick, I dunno, run for mayor or something, but my takeaway is that we're going to see Dick in the spotlight, dealing with the public the way guys like Flash and Clark do. I'm down with that.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

2021 is looking good for Nightwing! Last year as the worst we could imagine for him, but like Harvey Dent said in TDK "The night is darkest just before the dawn."

This is what we can expect this year:

Nightwing #78 by Tom Taylor and Bruno Redondo

Future State Nightwing

Future State Teen Titans

Titans Academy

Main player in Gotham Knights, Possible launch date July 16 2021

Young Justice Season 4, Phantoms.

Titans Season 3.

Black Label Book by Scott Snyder, Nightwing Parabola.

The Dawn is coming.

Happy New Year everyone, I hope this will a prosperous year for Nightwing. Hopefully Taylors run is noteworthy
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Happy New Year everyone! 2021 is truly looking a lot better for Dick.

I hope we'll get official news about Parabola this year.

Happy New Year to Dick and all his fans .

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

"The best Robin and one-and-only Nightwing" - Chris Samnee
    EqbZMPGXcAoMiHU.jpg

Who do we have to bribe to get Samnee on the book when Taylor and co. are finished? I think a Waid/Samnee Nightwing run would be pretty gods damn fantastic, not to mention it'd be great to see Dick get two quality creative teams in a row for a change!
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

That's stunning. Samnee outdid himself.

Just read up on how Waid talked about NW back in 2008 and wow, that would be something. As someone who enjoyed Tomasi's NW more than Dixon's I like what he said a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Newsarama Interview Waid, 2008
    Comparing the "Grown Up" Wally West and Dick Grayson:

"What's unique about Wally is he's the only sidekick to grow-up and fulfill the promise... The difference in personality between Wally and Barry isn't as wide a gulf as Dick Grayson and Bruce Wayne, Robin wouldn't grow up to be Batman, but I think it's cool Kid Flash grew up to be the Flash...

"Dick Grayson is another character that Geoff Johns and I constantly wrestle over ...it's a testament to the character that so many writers really like him...Should he be afforded more credibility in the DCU? Absolutely... There are people at DC who perceive him as a useless character... as less than he is. That's their prerogative because they are in charge...I would write that character in a cocaine heartbeat. I have begged, begged to be given Nightwing, and have been summarily turned down for no good reason. (joking) God forbid they let me do what I want to do! ... He's so complex and interesting the idea that he was supposed to grow up to be Batman, but took a different route is just so rich for drama..., not to say that Pete Tomasi isn't doing a great job, because he is... I really like the Nightwing book now...it's the best I've seen the book in 20 years."
    Has he ever mentioned Nightwing in recent years?

I'm curious. With some versions of the Dc animals they also have a suit. What kind of suit would Nightwing's dog have?