Page 6 of 270 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

I like when he start his career younger cause you don't have to compress his years as Robin so much and gives him more experience.

What age he was in Robin Year One, i don't remember they saying it. But by the looks i think he was around 10 to 12 and to me is the perfect window for him to start as Robin.

Eight years old is too young imo, but i would not be against Bruce taking him over around that age and training like two years to become Robin.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    I like when he start his career younger cause you don't have to compress his years as Robin so much and gives him more experience.

What age he was in Robin Year One, i don't remember they saying it. But by the looks i think he was around 10 to 12 and to me is the perfect window for him to start as Robin.

Eight years old is too young imo, but i would not be against Bruce taking him over around that age and training like two years to become Robin.
    He entered middle school in the beginning of Year One so 12

Extraordinary Member

Eight years also really stretches the Batman timeline, and doesn't work well with Tim's age due to their connected origin story.

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    I feel that it's important that Bruce encounters Dick at around the same age he was when he lost his folks. Dick should be around 8 and Bruce around 20.

Dick should remind Bruce of himself in that alley
    Honestly I think if you want them to be the same age when they lose their parents, it makes more sense to have Bruce parents be killed when he was 12, then the other way around.
    Bruce anyway not really start to train to Become Batman untill his mid to late teens, so you don't really loose anything by doing that, and than he would also the other Robins at a similar starting age.

I didn't even notice the old logo in the title. At least this will released before issue 78.

Dick Grayson: Through the Years by Tony Daniel. Too bad this was commissioned before Grayson was a thing, so this now feel incomplete.
    Is that supposed to be Dick's Batman? Or Bruce? it looks too angry to be Dick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    For Bruce to have travelled the world and become a master at everything, he'd basically need a PhD in crimefighting, so I wouldn't have him active until 26 or 27 right in his physical prime. I wouldn't have him take Dick on for a year or so, putting him at 28.

I wouldn't have Dick start as Robin until 14, but lets say Bruce takes him in and trains him for a year or two at 12-13.

That puts it at about 14 years. Certainly too little for Bruce to be a true father to Dick, but I've grown more favorably to the cool Uncle/best friend dynamic rather than the parental one.
    I'd want it young enough to where Bruce can still be a father figure for Dick because I feel like that's an important part of the dynamic. I've never really bought into a non-parental take on their relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's DickBats. You can differentiate the two by his Utility Belt(has a bat shape in the middle) and his gauntlets (That has only two round parts in his forearm).

If Dick is already a teenager when he becomes Robin then he loses the Boy Wonder title. He's just the Teen Wonder then, which hurts his legacy, imo. So I'd prefer him to start at age 10 and Bruce can be in his mid 20s. Basically I think Dick and Bruce should kind of mirror Dick and Damian. That is how I would arrange it.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    For Bruce to have travelled the world and become a master at everything, he'd basically need a PhD in crimefighting, so I wouldn't have him active until 26 or 27 right in his physical prime. I wouldn't have him take Dick on for a year or so, putting him at 28.

I wouldn't have Dick start as Robin until 14, but lets say Bruce takes him in and trains him for a year or two at 12-13.

That puts it at about 14 years. Certainly too little for Bruce to be a true father to Dick, but I've grown more favorably to the cool Uncle/best friend dynamic rather than the parental one.
    Year One has him started leaving Gotham at age 13 but didn't clarify his education, New 52 the moment he finished high school, but limit his teachers to 7 and each about different disciplines that Bruce picks up really quick or already good at, they basically made him already super talented, just lacking knowledge, experience, or refinement. Rebirth he already started training with Zatara in high school.

I agree with him having already a good base in mind and body and prefer he starts as early as possible and never stop learning. Picking Sherlock Holmes book as a child, started doing street exploration like in Gotham TV series, learn martial arts in middle school, studying chemistry in high school, so the world travel is focused more on skills he can only gain outside, like the secret near death meditation of Nanda Parbat.

Then when he came back he keeps on learning ever day. So he can come back as early as possible but he's just not that good at it yet.

I don't see Bruce going on his worldwide training arc until he's 18 at the most.

Wait generally how old is Dick when he is Nightwing?

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    He had already dropped college, so around 18, 19.

I often wonder about that. In some like the animated series I think he finished college. If he did what would he even go to college for? I don't mind if he doesn't go. I just wonder if some of the reason they didn't know what to do. I often thought maybe social worker

I'm Curious if Zatanna was the same age has Dick would you guys think she and Dick should Date?
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 01-09-2021 at 12:55 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I'd want it young enough to where Bruce can still be a father figure for Dick because I feel like that's an important part of the dynamic. I've never really bought into a non-parental take on their relationship.
    Agreed. Dick should be the same age that Bruce was when his parents died, the same age as Damian when he comes to Gotham for the first time, for symbolic reasons.

I do think that Bruce and Dick have a father/son type relationship since the beginning, though it is different from the other batkids in that Bruce was still "growing up" as a young man in his mid-late 20s when he adopted Dick. So it has elements of a friendship/brotherly bond too.

With how DC treats Kori. I'm not really looking forward to this. Hopefully this is actually good and not bashing on Kori. Not lustfully or anything similar to that.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    In the original comics he was 19.