Page 117 of 270 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118119120121127167217 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,755 of 4044
    Extraordinary Member

Covers for 84:

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    The crossover will be in September, not next month.
    Whoops, reading comprehension goes brrr. Thanks

Incredible Member

Those are the variants, right? Did they publish the main cover as well?
    Also, a different artist for this issue. I wonder why the change.

Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
    Those are the variants, right? Did they publish the main cover as well?
    Also, a different artist for this issue. I wonder why the change.
    Yeah, those are variant. They didn't release the main cover yet.

Usually in this types of "one-shots" they change the artists. Not a big deal. Bruno will probably return in October with the main story.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Incredible Member

Beyond bummed Nightwing will be derailed by this Gotham crossover for a month. Too bad we could not get double shipping this month.

Titans United variants:

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Horrible news! This is going from September to November, jesus christ.
    Just like Higgins and Seeley, dragged into a stupid Bat event.

Last edited by Drako; 06-18-2021 at 02:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Horrible news! This is going from September to November, jesus christ.
    Just like Higgins and Seeley, dragged into a stupid Bat event.

On the contrary, I finally got back in but now I'm hopping out. Sounds dumb but I'm glad they're not wasting Redondo on it a letting him catch up. I might hop back in afterward
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    On the contrary, I finally got back in but now I'm hopping out. Sounds dumb but I'm glad they're not wasting Redondo on it a letting him catch up. I might hop back in afterward
    I don't mind guest artists, but three months is too much for a crossover. After August solicits i thought we dodged a bullet, but i was wrong.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Murrocko View Post
    Maaaaaann, this ending had two tropes I'm not a fan of. 1st being the hero easily getting KO'd and unmasked (And yeah I get they set it up with the whole concussion thing, but still), is there no security system on the suit for that, Oracle couldn't have remotely tasered Melinda or something? The 2nd of course being the long lost sister. I know the best course of action here is to wait and see how the story unfolds, but I'm already kind of annoyed that this is the direction we're seemingly going in as of right now.

So not only is Dick connected to a secret society of bird fanatics with zombie ninja security via his great grandpa, but also maybe his dad wasn't really John Grayson, but really some super villain, also evil grandparents or something that assisted in brainwashing, to potentially now having a sister with ties to the man who killed his parents... Assumingly due to some sort jealous rage in Melinda not being his daughter or is it just going to be coincidence he murdered the man that had a secret kid with his 1st wife?

I don't know, I get expanding on someone's history, but I really preferred back when Dick was just a victim to violence in Gotham and didn't have every other new character/story be a blast from from his past.
    He had a concussion

Sucks his book is getting dragged into the crossover. It is expected I guess, but I have no interest in these kind of crossovers. I get they can allow for artists to take a break, but I have no patience for them anymore. They aren't worth the money. I also don't enjoy Tynion's writing, so that makes it twice as bad now that he is leading the Batman book events. Just super annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Sucks his book is getting dragged into the crossover. It is expected I guess, but I have no interest in these kind of crossovers. I get they can allow for artists to take a break, but I have no patience for them anymore. They aren't worth the money. I also don't enjoy Tynion's writing, so that makes it twice as bad now that he is leading the Batman book events. Just super annoying.
    Do these tie-ins ever accomplish anything meaningful? It’s just draining to know if you’re enjoying a non-Bruce Batbook, it will get derailed by whatever Bruce is doing.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Do these tie-ins ever accomplish anything meaningful? It’s just draining to know if you’re enjoying a non-Bruce Batbook, it will get derailed by whatever Bruce is doing.
    Storywise not really. Maybe if a book or character is in a rut they can use it to shake things up, but it mostly just derails ongoing books and disrupts their own story pretty badly. Usually there is a temporary sales bump too because the books are tying into the bigger Batman titles, but the sales jump never lasts beyond the crossover now I think. Maybe during the Snyder era you saw books hold onto more of their increases, like the Nightwing book during the Court of Owls stuff and the batgirl book during the Death of the Family with Joker, are ones that come to mind but I can't remember the last event/crossover where it felt like any books really benefitted aside from the main Batman book which is getting all the attention and focus for these big crossovers. Then I guess they can repackage the event into some trade too to resell again down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Well, ideally an event tie-in can still service the ongoing arc of the comic while referencing the events of other comics and also offering a chance for interaction with characters they might not interact with normally.

Emphasis on "ideally."