Page 120 of 270 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124130170220 ... LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 4044
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Good news for people (all 2 of them?) who liked Shawn: https://twitter.com/HackinTimSeeley/...76147936075782
    It’s nice to see pieces of his world breath on its own intermingle with the larger DC universe

I hope this means that Nightwing will appear more in other books too. So Does this mean Shawn will appear in Nightwing more too. I did love her character.

On off topic. You guys think we will get Nightwing animated film where he doesn't get his butt beaten? I hope Dc finally allows us a solo animated movie

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I hope this means that Nightwing will appear more in other books too. So Does this mean Shawn will appear in Nightwing more too. I did love her character.
    The writer's different so it depends on Taylor

Yeah, I think this is just Seeley using his older characters instead of creating new ones.

Incredible Member

Is Nightwing 78 going to third printing? Did we know that?

https://previewsworld.com/Catalog/MAY218493

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Pretty sure he had to deal with crossovers in All New Wolverine too. I think it was Civil War II.
    Yeah. Old Man Logan didn't have a tie-in, and neither did his Extraordinary X-Men team, so Taylor took the opportunity to have the alternate universe Wolverine meet Laura and the newly introduced Gabby. In fact, none of the other X books were involved in Civil War II due to it being immediately before Inhumans vs X-Men, so I think Taylor chose to do a tie-in.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 06-23-2021 at 08:24 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrista View Post
    I love this book so much. It's exactly what I needed after Ric Grayson.
    That said I have two not-quite-complaints
    1. Taylor, I know I asked for a "Nightwing & Robin" series, and I appreciate this, really I do, but we both know I was talking about Damian.
    2. I really hope Taylor and whoever is writing Titans get some coordination going, cause right now it really seems like they're playing chicken with Dick cheating on Babs and Kory.

Long lost sister routine is cliche but will roll with it.

There is nothing romantic going on between Dick and Babs. They are just friends right now.
    It's not like they've kissed nor had sex again in the comics.

A guy and gal can be friends with each other without being romantic.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah. Old Man Logan didn't have a tie-in, and neither did his Extraordinary X-Men team, so Taylor took the opportunity to have the alternate universe Wolverine meet Laura and the newly introduced Gabby. In fact, none of the other X books were involved in Civil War II due to it being immediately before Inhumans vs X-Men, so I think Taylor chose to do a tie-in.
    I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s the case here too.

An event tie in doesn’t inherently have to be a bad thing, especially when a writer has time to plan for it ahead of time so they can figure out how to use it to benefit whatever story they plan on telling. So I’m choosing to believe that’s the case here until given reason to believe otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s the case here too.

An event tie in doesn’t inherently have to be a bad thing, especially when a writer has time to plan for it ahead of time so they can figure out how to use it to benefit whatever story they plan on telling. So I’m choosing to believe that’s the case here until given reason to believe otherwise.
    I'm trying to remember when was the last that we had a good tie-in during this Bat events.

I remember really liking the two Court of Owls issues Higgins wrote.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Extraordinary Member

Remember when dick had a brother lol

Anyway is this dick Grayson back into play with the current Batman being Keaton?

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Remember when dick had a brother lol

Anyway is this dick Grayson back into play with the current Batman being Keaton?
    I think in Young Justice the Flying Graysons were like a whole, large, family unit that died.

I don't know why....a big family felt more carny?

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Yeah, I think this is just Seeley using his older characters instead of creating new ones.
    I wonder you guys think Bateditors will be more free in letting Dick being used since it seems Taylor is getting more freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    I suspect the part with uncle Clark will never be remembered for a movie.

Unfortunately, Nightwing name is more associated with Batman (due to Dick). Very few people know that name has a "Kryptonian origin".
    Most likely. The only way I can see an adaptation using the Kryptonian origin for the name is if the show was actively trying to expand the IP beyond the usual Gotham influences. Like, a straight adaptation of Judas, when Dick first put on the Nightwing suit, might use the Kryptonian origin just because it fits neatly with the other aliens, demons, etc., that populated the NTT.

But no, I don't think the real origins of the Nightwing name will find its way into any adaptation. It should; it's a hell of a way to showcase Dick's wide-ranging relationships across the DCU. But I doubt it'll ever happen.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I wonder you guys think Bateditors will be more free in letting Dick being used since it seems Taylor is getting more freedom
    I think it's less about the editors allowing more freedom and more about Taylor being a big enough name to have more free reign in his work.

And AT&T, I'd assume, would do their due diligence once they got control of the DC catalog and examined sales, larger media profiles, interviewed DC managers and employees, and tried to get a line on how viable DC's properties are/can be. It's possible that AT&T saw more potential in Nightwing that Didio did and told DC to act accordingly, but I think it's likely that this newfound freedom is primarily due to Taylor being a proven success with Injustice and DCeased.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Cover for the thrid print of Nightwing 78.

DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Well it is selling, can't argue against that.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    I'm trying to remember when was the last that we had a good tie-in during this Bat events.

I remember really liking the two Court of Owls issues Higgins wrote.
    It always sounds possible in theory, but 9 times out of 10 it ends up being either bad, full of contradictions, pointless or a combination of all three.