Page 125 of 270 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128129135175225 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,875 of 4044

Why would Nightwing be a revenge movie? I feel like that doesn't really fit the character. I thought what separates Dick and Bruce is that he resolved his desire for revenge, because of Bruce's help, and is a superhero because he enjoys it and wants to be one. That always felt like a core aspect of Nightwing's character.

Kind of reminds me of Dick in the Titans show.

Could be someone after Nightwing for revenge and not nightwing as the one who wants revenge.

Incredible Member

It’s been shown that it wasn’t that simple of a process and he was very angry at first and had problems processing what happened much like Bruce. It was Bruce making him Robin and giving him a purpose that helped him move beyond that.

If it's early Robin days or even pre-Robin a revenge story fits, but for a Nightwing movie? Nah.

If it is not Dick who wants revenge and more sth like what Higgins did with Dick & Jen in his last story, then it would work as a Nightwing movie, imo. But it really doesn't sound as if that is what McKay means.

McKay probably only calls it a Nightwing movie so everyone knows he means Dick not one of the other Robins.

Astonishing Member

It's clearly sounds like a Dick from Titans, I don't get why McKay wants to make basically the same story in his movie.
    A assume there's a chance to get Dick alongside Keaton's Batman and Batgirl in the new DCEU after Flash movie, considering that McKay suddenly started talking a lot about the development of this film, although before that he said that the project was dead.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    The better to break your door down with

===

The revenge part of the movie maybe Bruce is presumed dead or something. New Order. That will cover both the father son and the revenge

Look at him saving Selina in one little scene from Space Jam:

https://twitter.com/KeremIsWhelmed/s...92474937839617
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post

Oh wow, even Gordon is in there!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    It's clearly sounds like a Dick from Titans, I don't get why McKay wants to make basically the same story in his movie.
    A assume there's a chance to get Dick alongside Keaton's Batman and Batgirl in the new DCEU after Flash movie, considering that McKay suddenly started talking a lot about the development of this film, although before that he said that the project was dead.

Dick vengeance phase is shown in flashbacks and honestly is pretty well done it explains the
    The Robin we have presently

Do you guys think Dick is just some perfect bastion of goodness? I'm confused by the reaction to the idea of a revenge movie lol, that sounds pretty par for the course for Dick honestly. Something random with a Zucco, Deathstroke, even the Rebirth era very recently gave us Dick going hard after Blockbuster and Raptor, on top of the Untouchable arc and the Judge.

Dick shouldn't be an overly edgy character obviously, but one of his defining characteristics is his anger. Or at least it was. Wolfman, Dixon, Winnick, etc., all delved into it. And again, even Seeley and Humphries went into it fairly recently. I know DC has really watered Dick down since we have to stuff all the Robins in together like they're the TMNT or the Power Rangers, but I expected Nightwing fans to be the last ones to forget stuff about him lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post

WTF? Why are DC characters in Space Jam 2? I thought that was a Looney Tunes movie.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    WTF? Why are DC characters in Space Jam 2? I thought that was a Looney Tunes movie.
    It’s a Warner bros movie

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    Do you guys think Dick is just some perfect bastion of goodness?
    l.
    So tired of this argument, every time somene point a plot sounds out of charater the answer is "Dick is not perfect bastion of goodness" "he has a temper"

Whatever, no reason to get worked up for something that is never going to happen or is going to end as a tv movie. It can't be worse than Titans anyway, even if is the one of the more tired plots on comics. It's not like DC is aiming to originality these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    Do you guys think Dick is just some perfect bastion of goodness? I'm confused by the reaction to the idea of a revenge movie lol, that sounds pretty par for the course for Dick honestly. Something random with a Zucco, Deathstroke, even the Rebirth era very recently gave us Dick going hard after Blockbuster and Raptor, on top of the Untouchable arc and the Judge.

Dick shouldn't be an overly edgy character obviously, but one of his defining characteristics is his anger. Or at least it was. Wolfman, Dixon, Winnick, etc., all delved into it. And again, even Seeley and Humphries went into it fairly recently. I know DC has really watered Dick down since we have to stuff all the Robins in together like they're the TMNT or the Power Rangers, but I expected Nightwing fans to be the last ones to forget stuff about him lol.
    But none of those stories were revenge ones, right? Revenge implies a real personal grudge and anger against a foe and I don't know if any Nightwing stories are like that. He has ones that are personal of course, but I don't know if they ever fall into revenge. Where you want to defeat a villain not because of what they did, or are doing now, but because of what they did against you personally. It is fine for Dick to get angry at someone, but revenge just feels more like Batman.

I kind of get it though. A Nightwing movie is tough to do because to do one properly you need to have him be Robin first to build up that dynamic between him and Batman and show how they are different, but DC doesn't have any interest in doing a proper live action Robin unfortunately. So they are probably going to try and cram everything into the Nightwing movie. It is what the Titans TV show failed at, which this movie pitch reminds me of as well. Since they had to try and retell his Robin story but when he is already an adult having retired from being a hero. Doing an adult Robin like this doesn't work as well because way too much time would have passed when Dick's parents died. So Dick would have ended up just being a copy of Bruce rather than his own character.

The big thing that makes them different, at least to me, is that Bruce never resolved his parents' murder. So he grew up being fueled by revenge and that shaped his world view, but with Dick Bruce was there to help him resolve his parents murder with capturing Zucco and it allowed Dick to grow up not being solely driven by revenge. Bruce stopped Dick from going down the same path he did. So a revenge movie works if you are starting from the beginning of Dick's time as Robin where he is going after a Zucco maybe, but to do this kind of story when he is an adult just makes him feel like a knockoff Batman to me.

But like I said, I get that a Nightwing movie is tough. So they are probably going to have to cram in a lot for it. Where things Dick should have already moved on from when he was Robin will have to be shown when he is already Nightwing I guess. I dunno. Also the whole Nightwing naming problem was brought up in this thread a little while ago too and I am wondering what they will do for that. I know some don't care about the Superman connection, but I like it. I mean they are doing all these crazy stories in their movies with even brining back Keaton's Batman. So to say Dick was inspired by Superman doesn't feel that difficult, but if they can't do that then I would prefer them not trying to come up with some movie original origin for the name like the Titans show tried to do.