Page 126 of 270 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136176226 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,890 of 4044
    Extraordinary Member

Bruno is such a blessing for this book
    5EF75E29-45F2-409E-B87D-34A5D26B0CF6.jpg

re: revenge movie

Sounds like it could borrow from Robin's Reckoning, that two parter from BTaS. That could be a pretty decent starting point for source material.

To be honest a John Wick style movie is kind of what I’ve been hoping for. Not so much the revenge plot, but an emphasis on choreography and stunt work over big budget CGI. But if the dude has a revenge story in mind, it’s not inherently undoable with Nightwing or something. There’s no rule on what a Nightwing story has to be.

Yeah, I just don't want him crying in the corner about his dead parents or screaming like a psychopath while chasing Zucco.

Quote Originally Posted by dropkickjake View Post
    re: revenge movie

Sounds like it could borrow from Robin's Reckoning, that two parter from BTaS. That could be a pretty decent starting point for source material.
    I wish they would just start with a Robin movie. Then organically grow the character. I guess they don't want to cast another Batman for it. I mean for the Batgirl movie they had to dig up Keaton's Batman just so they didn't have to get a new one. :/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I wish they would just start with a Robin movie. Then organically grow the character. I guess they don't want to cast another Batman for it. I mean for the Batgirl movie they had to dig up Keaton's Batman just so they didn't have to get a new one. :/
    In theory Robin should already be around if batgirl is starting

I'm through trying to make sense of DC movies at this point.

Wait, aren't the 1990s Batman films all supposed to be the same version of the character as the 1989 one? Despite two recasts? Hence this Batgirl would be that continuity's second, after the one Alicia Silverstone played (who was called Barbara, but was NOT Barbara Gordon - the movie, of course, predates Cass's debut in the comics).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Wait, aren't the 1990s Batman films all supposed to be the same version of the character as the 1989 one? Despite two recasts? Hence this Batgirl would be that continuity's second, after the one Alicia Silverstone played (who was called Barbara, but was NOT Barbara Gordon - the movie, of course, predates Cass's debut in the comics).
    Yes, they all supposed to be continuations, hence the same Alfred. But i'm pretty sure they will erase everything that had to do with the Joel Schumacher movies.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Yes, they all supposed to be continuations, hence the same Alfred. But i'm pretty sure they will erase everything that had to do with the Joel Schumacher movies.
    So no chance of Michelle phiffer returning at an aged catwoman huh

Then again a new batgirl
    Means a new Robin, sorry Chris McDonnell

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    So no chance of Michelle phiffer returning at an aged catwoman huh

Then again a new batgirl
    Means a new Robin, sorry Chris McDonnell
    Michelle Phiffer might have a chance, cause she is from the Burton movies.
    People usually hate Batman Forever and Batman & Robin.

IMO Batman Returns is worse than Batman Forever tho.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    In theory Robin should already be around if batgirl is starting
    It technically is still the DCEU. So they are using Snyder's characters and world some in the Flashpoint movie. Meaning that Robin/Dick Grayson was killed by the Joker.

Extraordinary Member

It technically is still the DCEU. So they are using Snyder's characters and world some in the Flashpoint movie. Meaning that Robin/Dick Grayson was killed by the Joker.
    The flas comes out first and makes the batgirl movie possible. I’m hoping it undoes that

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

That's only in Snyder Cut. He's out so they can change things.

A Nightwing film doesn't have to connect to the other movies at all anyway. Joker didn't connect to the DCEU, it was just its own thing. Nightwing could be the same, and would likely be better off for it.

But I'm not holding my breath on it happening at all.

If it did, somehow, get made? "Revenge" isn't the word I think of when I think "Dick's first solo film" but he's gone hard after Zucco's, Two-Face, KGBeast, and plenty of other villains when it got personal. Dick's the "nice" one, but people forget he still has an edge and can be as brutal and single minded as Bruce on his worst days. That's not Dick's normal setting but it's not beyond his character. It's not the direction I'd personally take but it's not out of bounds.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.