Page 130 of 270 FirstFirst ... 3080120126127128129130131132133134140180230 ... LastLast
Results 1,936 to 1,950 of 4044
    Extraordinary Member

Finally this year, Dick Grayson is himself, he has his book
    He is starring in Titans in august and Young justice in October
    everything is going to align for him

RIP Robson Rocha
    thank you for this
    image0.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Because SHIELD has Nick Fury and Black Widow. None of DC’s spy organizations have characters like that, characters the general audience know about and want to read. Dick could have been that, they could’ve moved him to ARGUS or whatever and kept him in that role. They just chose not to.
    Yep but people just seem to what Bludhaven and batfamily and Gotham so its whatever, like I said I don't care anymore. Nightwing's character growth is done.

It's fine like what you like. Just know what comes with that. Just one question though, outside of Dick himself what's interesting about Nightwing in Bludhaven? It's an empty sandbox with nothing outside of Dick himself. I guess as long as it looks and feels like Grayson and he's running around with babs and other batfam it's all good.

Because SHIELD has Nick Fury and Black Widow. None of DC’s spy organizations have characters like that, characters the general audience know about and want to read. Dick could have been that, they could’ve moved him to ARGUS or whatever and kept him in that role. They just chose not to.
    Well, maybe not as recognizable, but Waller, Kind Faraday, Nemesis, etc.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    During Grayson run I had hoped he would run into Waller
    Forget Rick Flagg he would made a great operative, but that’s shot is missed
    Their are no organization and if their were they don’t really compare to bat inc anyway where Nightwing is already the 1 OP

Waller yes, the rest no. Come on, you really think a casual on the street would know who the hell Faraday or Nemesis are if you showed them a pic?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Waller yes, the rest no. Come on, you really think a casual on the street would know who the hell Faraday or Nemesis are if you showed them a pic?
    No, but they haven't been used as prominently either, although Faraday was a pretty big part of the New Frontier movie.

I'm kind of surprised Director Bones hasn't made the jump yet.

Extraordinary Member

No, but they haven't been used as prominently either, although Faraday was a pretty big part of the New Frontier movie.

I'm kind of surprised Director Bones hasn't made the jump yet.
    Suicide squad has should have had a stable home base of character since the teams was always up to die in theory
    Another ball dropped in DCs espionage world.

Problem with Faraday or Waller is that they are sitting behind the desk. People like Fury and BW because they get out there and kick ass.

And even a Waller mostly feels like an inept bureaucrat in stories. She doesn't really come across as some puppet master pulling the strings of superheroes and villains behind a government desk. It doesn't feel like anything she does even works.

DC did try and have Steve Trevor be involved in their spy organizations with him being a big part of ARGUS with the New 52, but I have no idea what his character is even doing now.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Forget Rick Flagg he would made a great operative, but that’s shot is missed
    I don't think that Dick could work as a suicide squad member (or even the leader) on the long run, and keep the character intact.

Do you see him blowing up the head of one of the squad members, stand by when one of the squad member kills (or eats) some of their opponents or even leading them on a assassination mission?

If you go by previous stories, even one of "team mates" getting killed would very likely drive him completely over the edge.

Being Nightwing, while doesn't involve him being disconnected from the batfamily, I don't agree that there aren't more stories to tell and also they can be told differently.

Narratively you can't have a bookend to character in comics. Nightwing is Dick Grayson and Dick Grayson is Nightwing. And sure you can still take him out of Gotham to do that. Chucking some new superhero name on him just does not make sense.

Dick just doesn't kill, so assassin is out unless we want a Jason ripoff.

Titans haven't been relevant since they were teens. They're more just discount justice league (bad terminology but conveys my point). Too many characters if you want consistent Nightwing content.

Suicide Squad would honestly again just be making him to another version of Jason knockoff.

Trouble with trying to get to edgy or antihero, puts him into Jason territory.

Spy was good but then people were complaining about on here that the Batfam didn't care enough that he was gone and the world just kind of forgot about him after he "died". See being a Spy takes him out of the superhero game in terms of recognition and that's what I feel like I see a lot on here. They want Dick to be the most important person on the planet, but then he's a new setting and then suddenly it's like people are shocked the batfam and Titans moved on.

People talk about wanting Dick to have a new ballgame but can't seem to cope that usually involves removing the narrative perks Nightwing has.

Extraordinary Member

The thing is spy is technically not so far away from Suicide Squad. And he could run into as much stuff that doesn't work with his moral code at Spyral as he could with the Suicide Squad.

During "Grayson" they just never really went to hard into that direction, and had him really sent on mission were he had to do shady stuff (one reason why it didn't really worked for me).

I mean Dick as Spy could work, but not for a shady organisation like Spyral or Task Force X (at least on the long run).

For that you need a "the end justifies the means" kind of thinking, at that simply doesn't fit Dick.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    The thing is spy is technically not so far away from Suicide Squad. And he could run into as much stuff that doesn't work with his moral code at Spyral as he could with the Suicide Squad.

During "Grayson" they just never really went to hard into that direction, and had him really sent on mission were he had to do shady stuff (one reason why it didn't really worked for me).

I mean Dick as Spy could work, but not for a shady organisation like Spyral or Task Force X (at least on the long run).

For that you need a "the end justifies the means" kind of thinking, at that simply doesn't fit Dick.
    I agree. I'm not against Dick having a new status quo, but having an entire new mythos around him where his character has to change dramatically to suit it....would he still be Dick Grayson anymore?

That was kind of the entire point. Fitting square pegs into square holes isn’t any fun. The dichotomy is part of what made it work. Would Dick change, or would he change Spyral, or would it be a bit of both, ect. Pointing out how it doesn’t fit him, your missing the point.

Btw “people” are made up of different individuals. Some people want new ballgame, some want the fan favorite stuff, and some roll with anything as long as it’s decent enough. It’s not a catch all. Grayson wasn’t even a victim of reader wants, but DC’s struggles at the time and their Rebirth initiative. Ric was the most rejected direction he’s ever seen, reaching new lows month after month, yet they kept it going regardless of what people wanted. Longer then Grayson. With Dick it’s about what is most convenient for the people in the DC office.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 07-13-2021 at 02:56 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    That was kind of the entire point. Fitting square pegs into square holes isn’t any fun. The dichotomy is part of what made it work. Would Dick change, or would he change Spyral, or would it be a bit of both, ect. Pointing out how it doesn’t fit him, your missing the point.
    To me the point is that it simply not something that would on the long run, him being in being in an organisation that doesn't fit him can be interesting for a time, but is simply nothing that could work as a permanent status quo (opposed to being the protector of Blüdheaven).