Page 138 of 270 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142148188238 ... LastLast
Results 2,056 to 2,070 of 4044

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    What do you think about the idea that Dick was 39 years old when he met Damian?

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/firs...ine-dan-didio/

39 to 42 is a few years too old for me. 10 years or 7 years younger would fit better.

I do think by the time Bruce comes back Dick'd be in his early thirties. And in a never rebooted timeline would remain Co-Batman for longer.

But those ages in general aren't my cup of tea.

Extraordinary Member

And he would have also allready been 24 by the time he became Nightwing.

I mean the new52 and even the pre flashpoint time line were overly compressed, by this timeline goes to far in the other direction imo.

Especially when it comes to "Generation 2" there is not really a reason to stretch it that much, simply there isn't really anything happening that demands it. Having the "Fab5" start at 12-13 and be around 19-20 around at COIE (like in the original comics) wouldn't cause any problems with continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    Using examples of poor writing isn’t a good example lol. A shared universe is a shared universe, if a writer can’t give a believable reason why one of Bruce’s best friends can’t help when he really needs it, that’s on them. If the problem is so simple that someone else can solve it, that’s another writing issue. Plan and simple. If Superman can break your Batman story, then it’s either not a good Batman story, or not meant to be a mainline Batman story. It should be set outside of continuity of it doesn’t work in continuity. Like this and other posts just make it sound like the plain existence of Superman invalidates the need for Batman or Nightwing, which is exactly the issue. If that’s actually the case, then Batman and Nightwing and others need reasons to exist and set themselves apart from Superman or whoever else. That’s what each and every story needs to set out to do, prove to me your story is worth being told.
    So was Batman Inc. a bad story because Superman (or any other meta hero) could have smashed Heretic and prevented lots of deaths?

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    And he would have also allready been 24 by the time he became Nightwing.

I mean the new52 and even the pre flashpoint time line were overly compressed, by this timeline goes to far in the other direction imo.

Especially when it comes to "Generation 2" there is not really a reason to stretch it that much, simply there isn't really anything happening that demands it. Having the "Fab5" start at 12-13 and be around 19-20 around at COIE (like in the original comics) wouldn't cause any problems with continuity.
    There's also no reason Tim should be 24 when Damian comes around. Part of the point is that he's pushed out early, young and angry. That should be more like 17-19 IMO
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    So was Batman Inc. a bad story because Superman (or any other meta hero) could have smashed Heretic and prevented lots of deaths?
    Depends. What was he doing at that time?

If I remember correctly he was dealing with H'El trying to destroy Earth to power up a time machine so he can go back in time to save Krypton or something like that, in that case, no, it's not bad, because his attention is appropriately on the larger threat.

Dick will be in Shazam since that story is how Billy end up in TTA

Omigosh it's Chemo

Last edited by Restingvoice; 07-19-2021 at 06:51 AM.

So two books with him tomorrow.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Depends. What was he doing at that time?

If I remember correctly he was dealing with H'El trying to destroy Earth to power up a time machine so he can go back in time to save Krypton or something like that, in that case, no, it's not bad, because his attention is appropriately on the larger threat.
    Based on that logic couldn`t one reasonably assume that if other characters are not showing up to help it is because they are busy with their own threat? Or does the story need to actually list every single DC character explicitly and tell you what they are up to at the time? Or do we need to read every other DC story published that month so that as readers we understand they are busy? Turns out Batman The Last Laugh is trash because Bruce should have just called Superman to catch the Joker using his super hearing/x-ray vision within the span of literally 5 mins.

Incredible Member

So is every Nightwing/Batman story, or DC universe story for that matter, that does not have Superman level threat or grounded a badly written story?

Dick will be in Shazam since that story is how Billy end up in TTA

Omigosh it's Chemo

So he just wears an overly sized belt with a T on it as part of his teacher's uniform.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So he just wears an overly sized belt with a T on it as part of his teacher's uniform.
    Yeah not going to lie, the giant "T" looks super wierd lol

Quote Originally Posted by Iclifton View Post
    Based on that logic couldn`t one reasonably assume that if other characters are not showing up to help it is because they are busy with their own threat? Or does the story need to actually list every single DC character explicitly and tell you what they are up to at the time? Or do we need to read every other DC story published that month so that as readers we understand they are busy? Turns out Batman The Last Laugh is trash because Bruce should have just called Superman to catch the Joker using his super hearing/x-ray vision within the span of literally 5 mins.
    Yes. That's pretty much always my assumption. No, they don't need to make a list. Most often they say, oh, Justice League is off planet. That's enough.

It only become a problem if the story specifically calls attention to it and does nothing, like Superman actually visited No Man's Land and offered help and Batman refused. That's dumb. No Man's Land as a concept itself is also a problem in shared universe because it went on for so long that there's no way Flash and other heroes can't help as well.

Bludhaven post-Chemo makes more sense because it's in the same situation as No Man's Land, it went pretty long too in universe wasn't it? A year? But the heroes actually went in and help.

Last Laugh... didn't Joker keep everyone busy because he's venomizing everyone? Is there an issue that has no tie in back then?
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 07-19-2021 at 03:31 PM.

Incredible Member

Yes. That's pretty much always my assumption. No, they don't need to make a list. Most often they say, oh, Justice League is off planet. That's enough.

It only become a problem if the story specifically calls attention to it and does nothing, like Superman actually visited No Man's Land and offered help and Batman refused. That's dumb. No Man's Land as a concept itself is also a problem in shared universe because it went on for so long that there's no way Flash and other heroes can't help as well.

Bludhaven post-Chemo makes more sense because it's in the same situation as No Man's Land, it went pretty long too in universe wasn't it? A year? But the heroes actually went in and help.

Last Laugh... didn't Joker keep everyone busy because he's venomizing everyone? Is there an issue that has no tie in back then?
    My apologies, my reference was to Killing Joke. Okay so I guess I am not seeing the issue with the guest appearance in the upcoming issue. Dick did not require their help at the time and if he gets in trouble again and they do not show, we can just assume they are busy.

I've been looking forward to the Shazam book, so it's cool to see Dick and the Titans actually appearing for more than just a cameo or something.

Almost like the entire discussion about the Titans showing up breaking the story doesn't make any sense, which was my point!

It all comes back to the same idea, that characters more powerful than street-level apparently don't have any place in the same universe as street-level characters, that's really what I've been arguing against. It doesn't matter if the Titans show up in Nightwing, because they exist in the same universe. If them showing up breaks the Nightwing story for you, their existence itself should be breaking Nightwing and the shared universe for you, which is ultimately a Nightwing problem if anything. The Spectre can show up at any point in any Superman story, too, for example.

If you don't ask yourself "why didn't Superman solve everything in the Batman, Inc. book?", I have absolutely no idea why you would be asking "why didn't the Titans solve everything" in any good Nightwing story. Taking issue with the Titans, or say, an appearance from Clark at some point, would be the same as admitting Dick's current adventures are too simple and small in scale, which is and maybe always has been the issue with the Nightwing book imo. Now, is Taylor's run a good Nightwing story? I can't say, it feels too early but that's also because it's been so slow that it feels like nothing has happened yet, so I'll reserve judgement.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah not going to lie, the giant "T" looks super wierd lol
    Thought it was a nod to x men