Page 141 of 270 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141142143144145151191241 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,115 of 4044

I was hearing some chatter on this issue on twitter and I wanted to get you guy's take on the relationship between John and Melinda's mother. there appear to be a couple people who feel it reflects poorly on him because they feel he took advantage of a victim of human trafficking. I'm curious if any of you read it that way. I read the issue and I personally don't really get the feeling that that's the case. it reads to me more like they got together (for a time) out of genuine attraction despite her trauma, not because John took advantage it.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I was hearing some chatter on this issue on twitter and I wanted to get you guy's take on the relationship between John and Melinda's mother. there appear to be a couple people who feel it reflects poorly on him because they feel he took advantage of a victim of human trafficking. I'm curious if any of you read it that way. I read the issue and I personally don't really get the feeling that that's the case. it reads to me more like they got together (for a time) out of genuine attraction despite her trauma, not because John took advantage it.
    Makes zero sense, but thats what you expect of twitter.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

I mean I can see how you could see that if you're really reading into it. But that's not how I read it and its certainly not the intention. This was as safe as could be, Taylor not trying to rock the boat
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Meili Lin spent years in the Circus since she was a young teenager by the looks of it, and we know John was born and raised in the Circus since his family's been there since the First Gray Son. That's not taking advantage of a mail order bride, that's childhood friend romance. With angst.

Feels like a massive reach. Also Twitter decided that Taylor was a bigot because Barbara is walking around as Batgirl despite that being something he has zero control over and didn’t choose to do so they kind of have it out for him (yeah I know, who am I to cast stones right?).
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Meili Lin spent years in the Circus since she was a young teenager by the looks of it, and we know John was born and raised in the Circus since his family's been there since the First Gray Son. That's not taking advantage of a mail order bride, that's childhood friend romance. With angst.
    That can't be true. She says that after Zucco took her back from the circus 6 months later Melinda was born and that "Tony's ego wouldn't allow him to voice what he suspected.". If she spent more than 3 months in the circus then there would be nothing to suspect - it would be obvious that Melinda is not Zucco's daughter. And considering who Zucco is? He probably would have forced an abortion in such case.

For timeline to make sense she had to get pregnant like a week after meeting John. To me it is same as "Romani smile", it doesn't mean that John used her, but Taylor tried to be real smart here and wrote things that can be seen in a negative light.

Yeah, I think I've seen enough of this run to say that it isn't the best run of nightwing I've ever read. But its also far from bad. Its a pretty good comic that moves pretty dang slow.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    That can't be true. She says that after Zucco took her back from the circus 6 months later Melinda was born and that "Tony's ego wouldn't allow him to voice what he suspected.". If she spent more than 3 months in the circus then there would be nothing to suspect - it would be obvious that Melinda is not Zucco's daughter. And considering who Zucco is? He probably would have forced an abortion in such case.

For timeline to make sense she had to get pregnant like a week after meeting John. To me it is same as "Romani smile", it doesn't mean that John used her, but Taylor tried to be real smart here and wrote things that can be seen in a negative light.
    I assumed she's way younger when she arrived because of how the time-lapse in the circus was drawn, but I get what you mean about Zucco convincing himself. It needs to be a short time frame.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I assumed she's way younger when she arrived because of how the time-lapse in the circus was drawn, but I get what you mean about Zucco convincing himself. It needs to be a short time frame.
    It's a little odd - she looks much younger, but Taylor is at pains to have her say she was 23. Presumably to head off the issue of John dating her if they'd met when she was a vulnerable child.

I've been seeing that too on my twitter. I don't buy it personally. It seems to be working on the premise that if someone has been sexually abused they can never have any sexual agency again. To me they just looked like a young couple in love.

I have my issues with this run but there is a vocal minority who despise it and Tom Taylor. Apparently he's ableist for writing Babs as able to walk.

From my experience young Asian women are often drawn as teenagers so I'd write it down on artist not making it consistent with the script.

People make weird and stupid connections to hate on something.

Taylor already responded on Twitter about this claim, but was directed to a person with that weird take.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

I was looking up Taylor's Twitter for no reason whatsoever and instead found this answer to how are you going to update a classic circus setting for the modern era

"As a former circus person, I've already made sure there are no animals when we see Nightwing's circus in flashback."

Huh.
    Neat.

Nightwing is going to be in the upcoming Injustice animated film, voiced by Derek Philips.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Nightwing is going to be in the upcoming Injustice animated film, voiced by Derek Philips.
    Great, I am sure it will be an amazing showing of him dying by rock.