Page 148 of 270 FirstFirst ... 4898138144145146147148149150151152158198248 ... LastLast
Results 2,206 to 2,220 of 4044

Heartless was supposed to be a big deal as well, but I think everyone forgot that he even exists by now.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Heartless was supposed to be a big deal as well, but I think everyone forgot that he even exists by now.
    "Who is Heartless?" did not have it's intended meaning
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

I foresee him going the way of all forgettable new writer villains.

That his debut was immediately undercut first with Dick’s new sister and now Fear State hijacking the book does not help his chances.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

Since issue 3 ?
    You guys are never happy

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Since issue 3 ?
    You guys are never happy
    Don't know if people here watch\read One Piece, but this thread always remind me of Usopp.

DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    Well yeah, but he was describing what he was doing with Melinda Zucco as huge and gamechanging too. And that was met with collective "Ugh, really?"s and "So what?"s.

What's interesting is that upcoming trade collections indicate that Fear State plus 87-88 and Annual #1 will be collected. So I don't think that that will be a whole arc following the crossover.
    I think there might be some friction between what Taylor considers a big deal and what the fandom thinks of as a big deal.

Learning you have a secret half sister *is* a big deal. Especially if that person is working for a guy who has tried to kill you most of your life. But it's a very small, personal kind of big deal, not a "brand new direction! Dick's now a stripper in Vegas and changed his name officially to Discowing!" big deal, yknow?

Like, I expect Dick's big reveal in 87, his big idea, to be some kind of charity-business thing designed to do with Alfred's money the stuff Bruce casually drops doing but never focuses on. Social development programs, stuff like that. And Dick funding his own NPO is a big change for him on a personal level (it'll be another job he won't stick to that we can add to the list!) but it's not the kind of game changer fans expect when we see the worlds "bold new thing."

We'll see what we see.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Like, I expect Dick's big reveal in 87, his big idea, to be some kind of charity-business thing designed to do with Alfred's money the stuff Bruce casually drops doing but never focuses on. Social development programs, stuff like that. And Dick funding his own NPO is a big change for him on a personal level (it'll be another job he won't stick to that we can add to the list!) but it's not the kind of game changer fans expect when we see the worlds "bold new thing."
    I hope they actually spend some time on this. Show us the challenges, the players involved.
    "It's not my Kate." - Greg Rucka

Extraordinary Member

It’s nice to see another Nightwing born character out and about the world
    Of DC. It further cements the events of the past.

Incredible Member

It needs to be something Bruce has never done before since Dick said that Bruce could've done more with his money to help. Whether it's a good idea or bad (and I look forward to reading the debates), it does need to be some sort of gamechanger and exciting / interesting / thought-provoking.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hairys View Post
    It needs to be something Bruce has never done before since Dick said that Bruce could've done more with his money to help. Whether it's a good idea or bad (and I look forward to reading the debates), it does need to be some sort of gamechanger and exciting / interesting / thought-provoking.
    That would be giving it all away, except the ones he needs to maintain his apartment in its most basic state. That would allow them to keep the relatable or humble image and character of single 20-something guy living in a barely kept apartment while also investing in a maybe housing project that can host all the homeless.

Bruce gave a lot to charity but he also still lives in a manor and have a major business company, so if what we've seen from Dick's action to feed the homeless immediately and the reaction in this forum that came after it, Taylor will go for the one that keep the image of Dick as someone who's not outwardly a billionaire.

Basically something that look more heartfelt and can be shown off the internet

I think there might be some friction between what Taylor considers a big deal and what the fandom thinks of as a big deal.
    I think Taylor is just trying to hype up his run and it is working.

Learning you have a secret half sister *is* a big deal. Especially if that person is working for a guy who has tried to kill you most of your life. But it's a very small, personal kind of big deal, not a "brand new direction! Dick's now a stripper in Vegas and changed his name officially to Discowing!" big deal, yknow?
    I don't agree with this at all. Bruce having a kid could also be viewed as something personal and not a new direction, but it was and continues to be a big deal. Many of us don't consider Melinda a big deal because her backstory is very convenient and we don't have faith in her lasting once Taylor's run ends.

And same really works with charity thing. DC does not let their characters change the world so his charity is either going to be blown up by some villain or will continue to operate in background without us actually seeing any results like with Bruce's charitable work. Its not big, its irrelevant.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I dont really care about the "big deal" every writer comes in with their version of big deal that gets nixed with a new editor or the next creative team. what I would so much rather read a solid good story. The Sandman wasn't written with big deals, starman wasn't either...but they were written as solid stories that moved the characters. give me good solid stories with developed characters. But then for this we need creative teams to be given some freedom to tell their stories and not chased off after a year.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    That would be giving it all away, except the ones he needs to maintain his apartment in its most basic state. That would allow them to keep the relatable or humble image and character of single 20-something guy living in a barely kept apartment while also investing in a maybe housing project that can host all the homeless.
    That'd be horrible, imo, and hopefully not where Taylor is going. Dick needs to create something self-sustaining for the citizens of Bludhaven. A billion dollars divided by a city of 5 million people is $200 a person. You can play around with the numbers (maybe Dick has 10 billion, maybe Bludhaven only has 2 million people) but you're not going to come up with anything that won't be spent in a week. The plan needs to be better than that and self-sustaining, as mentioned.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hairys View Post
    That'd be horrible, imo, and hopefully not where Taylor is going. Dick needs to create something self-sustaining for the citizens of Bludhaven. A billion dollars divided by a city of 5 million people is $200 a person. You can play around with the numbers (maybe Dick has 10 billion, maybe Bludhaven only has 2 million people) but you're not going to come up with anything that won't be spent in a week. The plan needs to be better than that and self-sustaining, as mentioned.
    Well, I was thinking more like he's building a charity organization that he can monitor or be hands-on, while also not keeping any money for himself beyond what's necessary, but I was struggling to find a word... but even with an organization it's still not business where you can earn more money so he can keep giving money.

Something that can make money so he can continue giving people a chance of a better life, something like Wayne E. that hires former criminals or people in need, but also something he can be involved and show up often in the story so there's something to share online to further establish his image as a people person and charitable person.

===

By the way I'm playing the mobile DC Legends and just unlocked Chemo lol. He's available pretty early.

So far Nightwing's only available in a loot box, and to open that you have to play enough times to get enough in-game currencies.

Since I'm new, I've only able to open the loot once, and got Batman, because Batman's a Common character that you can also get by just playing the story in the first chapter, while Nightwing's an Uncommon character.

I got two Deadshots too. One's the cooler Suicide Squad version, another the basic bitch version ^^