Page 155 of 270 FirstFirst ... 55105145151152153154155156157158159165205255 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,325 of 4044

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    More Nightwing than we've had in years.

Just another data point showing that the new regime does indeed seem to view Nightwing as a more viable property than Didio did. They might not recognize the need for a new status quo (Taylor's writing so slow it's hard to tell yet) but they do seem to recognize that Nightwing has legit profit potential.

Also, I saw a report earlier today that a animated Nightwing film is in the works. Presumably a re-work of McKay's live-action script. Don't recall who broke the story but they weren't a source I consider reliable....but they have been right before, so I guess we'll see if that rumor has any legs.
    It came from John Siuntres who was talking with Loren Lester. Had nothing about being a rework of McKay's live-action script.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Look at this little information John Siuntres dropped in the JUSTICE LEAGUE Animated Panel at Terrificon 2021.

Apparently he interviewed Loren Lester who said that Warner is contemplating a Nightwing Animated Series and Bruce Timm is behind the project. Loren Lester said he isn't sure if he gonna get the role.

I marked the video with the timestamp, but if for some reason it doesn't work, it's around 34 minute mark.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    It came from John Siuntres who was talking with Loren Lester. Had nothing about being a rework of McKay's live-action script.
    Ah, is that where it came from?

I don't put any stock in rumors about DC/WB films and shows. Even if there was legit interest and effort put into making such a thing, the same was true for Cyborg, Batgirl, something like four Harley Quinn movies, and a dozen other films that never happened at all.

I know a Nightwing animated project has been tossed around a few times, but I think the closest it ever came to happening was as Young Justice or some such. But if it does happen? I'd subscribe to HBO Max for a Nightwing animated.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I'm rereading the solicit again and in Detective it's said that Mayor Nakano and Batman are probably gonna set aside their differences to fight the monstrous Hue Ville. Then the epilogue leads to the building of Arkham Tower, where Batman and Nightwing have different opinion on the necessity of Arkham.

Arkham Tower is Nakano's idea, but it sounds like Batman agrees with it, at least agree to the point that Arkham is necessary. This is similar with Arkham Manor where Bruce let the government used Wayne Manor as temporary Arkham because the old building blew up. He didn't mind because they do need a place to house the criminally insane, and this time, Batman knows that Nakano does have good intention.

Nightwing isn't the only one who disagrees with Arkham Tower. It sounds like Harley's also against it. Harley always say, based on her experience, that people turn out worse in Gotham, that it's scary for patients there, with wardens and doctors being abusive. It's not a good mental hospital.

Nightwing's opinion on Arkham reminds me of his opinion on Two-Face. He knows Bruce loves him, regret what happened to him, probably blame himself, and believe he can be rehabilitated, but Dick thinks he's just evil, not helped that Two-Face traumatized him as a child, and he's been in Arkham for years now, in and out, and evidently whatever treatment they did for any of their old foes are not working.

So we're 2 on 2 between the pros and cons of Arkham Tower. Nakano probably wants increased security that he himself can control since Bruce and Jeremiah have failed. Bruce wants rehabilitation first and foremost and if Nakano can give it, he'll probably let him. Dick wants the breeding ground for villains to stop, and Harley wants the abuse of patients to stop. It looks like for both of them the Arkham name just doesn't do it anymore and just because the boss change doesn't mean the treatment inside and the result will change.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 08-14-2021 at 04:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I'm rereading the solicit again and in Detective it's said that Mayor Nakano and Batman are probably gonna set aside their differences to fight the monstrous Hue Ville. Then the epilogue leads to the building of Arkham Tower, where Batman and Nightwing have different opinion on the necessity of Arkham.

Arkham Tower is Nakano's idea, but it sounds like Batman agrees with it, at least agree to the point that Arkham is necessary. This is similar with Arkham Manor where Bruce let the government used Wayne Manor as temporary Arkham because the old building blew up. He didn't mind because they do need a place to house the criminally insane, and this time, Batman knows that Nakano does have good intention.

Nightwing isn't the only one who disagrees with Arkham Tower. It sounds like Harley's also against it. Harley always say, based on her experience, that people turn out worse in Gotham, that it's scary for patients there, with wardens and doctors being abusive. It's not a good mental hospital.

Nightwing's opinion on Arkham reminds me of his opinion on Two-Face. He knows Bruce loves him, regret what happened to him, probably blame himself, and believe he can be rehabilitated, but Dick thinks he's just evil, not helped that Two-Face traumatized him as a child, and he's been in Arkham for years now, in and out, and evidently whatever treatment they did for any of their old foes are not working.

So we're 2 on 2 between the pros and cons of Arkham Tower. Nakano probably wants increased security that he himself can control since Bruce and Jeremiah have failed. Bruce wants rehabilitation first and foremost and if Nakano can give it, he'll probably let him. Dick wants the breeding ground for villains to stop, and Harley wants the abuse of patients to stop. It looks like for both of them the Arkham name just doesn't do it anymore and just because the boss change doesn't mean the treatment inside and the result will change.
    This is a really nice read on the situation. I thought of the Arkham Manor storyline too, that seemed to go under the radar at the time I feel like, but it was such a massive development in-universe that I've never really forgotten about it lol.

I hadn't thought about Harley also being against the idea, would of course make sense. Would be interesting to see Dick and Harley agree on something strongly like this. Curious to see how far they take this, and if Dick will actually be relevant to 'Tec and Gotham moving forward or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    This is a really nice read on the situation. I thought of the Arkham Manor storyline too, that seemed to go under the radar at the time I feel like, but it was such a massive development in-universe that I've never really forgotten about it lol.

I hadn't thought about Harley also being against the idea, would of course make sense. Would be interesting to see Dick and Harley agree on something strongly like this. Curious to see how far they take this, and if Dick will actually be relevant to 'Tec and Gotham moving forward or not.
    I only remember Arkham Manor because Olive from Gotham Academy's mom was in it and it was Gerry Duggan's only major DC book.

Extraordinary Member

Has any of you an idea how Dick being Red X is supposed to fit into the main continuity?
    I mean in the animated series he became Red X to get close to Deathstroke but I don't thin that would really make much sense in the main continuity.

If you go by the original comics, Deathstroke wasn't really an Enemy of the Titans after Judas contract, while if you go by the Rebirth Version, Dick made some deal with Deathstroke that ended with him training Ravenger (that also didn't make much sense imo).

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Has any of you an idea how Dick being Red X is supposed to fit into the main continuity?
    I mean in the animated series he became Red X to get close to Deathstroke but I don't thin that would really make much sense in the main continuity.

If you go by the original comics, Deathstroke wasn't really an Enemy of the Titans after Judas contract, while if you go by the Rebirth Version, Dick made some deal with Deathstroke that ended with him training Ravenger (that also didn't make much sense imo).
    They will probably crame it someplace between Grant's death and Judas Contract, because the whole point of this is to follow the cartoon and he was Robin there.

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post

He went undercover as a bad guy named Renagade so they could swap that out as red x

There's some discussion in some thread going on, and it made me wonder, is Dick using electrified stick nowadays in the main DCU in comics?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    There's some discussion in some thread going on, and it made me wonder, is Dick using electrified stick nowadays in the main DCU in comics?
    When they remember

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    When they remember
    But, when was thew last time you can remember? I was wondering it they were doing the same thing with them (given that they are dangerous things IRL too) that they're doing with Jason's guns. Dick is meant to be always non lethal (unlike Jason), being a fair hero most of the time. So the thing made me wonder.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 08-16-2021 at 05:30 AM.

But, when was thew last time you can remember? I was wondering it they were doing the same thing with them (given that they are dangerous things IRL too) that they're doing with Jason's guns. Dick is meant to be always non lethal (unlike Jason), being a fair hero most of the time. So the thing made me wonder.
    He's using them in the current run. There is a big different between using electrified escrima sticks that are meant to stun people and Jason's guns. My guess the reason DC is sort of trying to move Jason away from guns is that comics and their creators are overwhelmingly liberal and against things like the gun ownership, NRA, 2nd Amendment, and so on. Basically anything that promotes gun ownership they are mostly against it. So they probably feel uncomfortable having Jason run around with guns and shooting people when they are basically writing him as a hero. Which is why they have him using swords, crowbars, stun sticks, and non lethal bullets. Given the whole climate around comics and politics Jason continuing to use guns probably has a limited time frame.

Then you have the added issue of Jason using guns but not being allowed to kill anyone with them, which makes his whole mission of using guns pointless. He will never be allowed to kill anyone that matters and if he does then they will be brought back anyway. So Jason's character is kind of stuck on on a "quest" that leads nowhere.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    He's using them in the current run. There is a big different between using electrified escrima sticks that are meant to stun people and Jason's guns. My guess the reason DC is sort of trying to move Jason away from guns is that comics and their creators are overwhelmingly liberal and against things like the gun ownership, NRA, 2nd Amendment, and so on. Basically anything that promotes gun ownership they are mostly against it. So they probably feel uncomfortable having Jason run around with guns and shooting people when they are basically writing him as a hero. Which is why they have him using swords, crowbars, stun sticks, and non lethal bullets. Given the whole climate around comics and politics Jason continuing to use guns probably has a limited time frame.

Then you have the added issue of Jason using guns but not being allowed to kill anyone with them, which makes his whole mission of using guns pointless. He will never be allowed to kill anyone that matters and if he does then they will be brought back anyway. So Jason's character is kind of stuck on on a "quest" that leads nowhere.
    And is it only him
    Grifter
    Deathstroke (all other assassin/marksmen)
    Will be going through this update? I bet it’s temporary

He was using it in Nightwing #81 by Talor.

It has been his thing ever since Arkham City, but it's much more prominent outside of the comics. Titans had a cool scene in s3e1 with him taking out bad guys with electricity.

Higgins was the one who used the most, but looks like Taylor plans to make him use in fights too.

He was also wielding the electric sticks in Future State.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    In most cases the guns seem anyway even to really wound any important opponents, the last time I can remember when the guns were actually effective in a fight against an important opponent, was the fight between him and Deathstroke in Deathstroke's pre rebirth run.