Page 16 of 270 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast

Looks like Heartless really is a new villain or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Taylor
    Wait a minute...
    Zoom in. Zoom in.
    ENHANCE.
    #Nightwing #79

https://twitter.com/TomTaylorMade/st...50198841946126

Oh, and the cover has some tributes to Marv Wolfman, George Perez, Chuck Dixon and Scott McDaniels.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKG-N15Bxd9/
    Last edited by Drako; 01-16-2021 at 09:10 AM.

Dick reaching out for Barbara's hands while swinging through the sky does remind me of their trapeze date.

That's a nice shot

So wait. Bludhaven is generally in the same state as Gotham but would it be better for it to be in another state further away but close

Nightwing by Serg Acuña

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Nightwing by Serg Acuña
    Gorgeous .

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Nightwing by Serg Acuña
    This slaps

Quote Originally Posted by Dzetoun View Post
    I know what you mean. As I was discussing in private chat a while ago, the whole concept reads as "meh," but it also has the feel of a reset switch in a basement room in Burbank getting firmly thrown. One wonders if Taylor wasn't brought in with the brief that due to the cascade of problems over the last few years, Nightwing as it was is pretty much a total write-off and he needs to start from basics and build the property up slowly and methodically. Bludhaven, Batgirl, Zucco, and Blockbuster are about as basic as you can get without going back to Haly's Circus and pixie boots. Maybe the model they are looking at is Johns and Van Sciver in Green Lantern, which proved that an IP/character that had been mishandled to the point of destruction could be successfully rebuilt using very classic components. I prefer the Grayson approach myself, but what can we say? It just wasn't viable by the company's standards.
    DC’s “standards” can kiss my ass, they let that Ric garbage go on longer than they did Grayson! The **** kind of “standards” allow that? Didio just hated Dick and wanted him gone.
    At the very least, the new team deserves a chance to show what they can do. After all, when Grayson was first proposed a lot of people were despondent to the point of physical illness. Remember the uproar that followed that first poster of Dick with a gun?
    That is a fair argument. That said it’s Taylor, so I already know what to expect honestly, it’s why I wasn’t too enthusiastic about him getting the book. Still trying the first arc though. But starting off with Blockbuster isn’t the best first step, especially since Taylor is terrible at writing villains outside of the Bat Rogues. He couldn’t even get the basic core of Lex Luthor right in DCeased, and his Marvel villains are pretty meh. He can only do either laughably evil bad guys with no nuance (Joker, Injustice Superman & WW) or “sweet cinnamon rolls uwu” who get redeemed (Harley). He can’t do anything else, so I wouldn’t hold much hope he’s going to be the one to really make Nightwing’s Rogues Gallery a force to be reckoned with.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    So wait. Bludhaven is generally in the same state as Gotham but would it be better for it to be in another state further away but close
    I’d make it a West Coast city, or the Las Vegas analogue Seeley did. That “sunshine and serial killers” vibe meshes well with Dick the same way the East Coast “gritty noir” feel of Gotham suits Bruce.
    Last edited by Vordan; 01-18-2021 at 11:30 PM.

Just read Future State and, damn, to finally read something that feels like an actual Dick Grayson story is so refreshing. And he was even allowed to be competent! I will never be a fan of the costume but that doesn't change that Scott is a pro so the art was still good.

Now all that's missing are spoilers:
    some puns
    end of spoilers because it would be a shame if Constant didn't get to write some for Dick.

I was just reading another thread about the justice league being like analogs for the greek pantheon. So who do you guys believe dicks Greek god analog would be?

Eros obviously.

Why was Badou banned?

Anyway, I was initially very positive about the announcement but all the new information that we are getting is not very inspiring. Maybe the inheritance will at least save us from Dick working a day job?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    I was just reading another thread about the justice league being like analogs for the greek pantheon. So who do you guys believe dicks Greek god analog would be?
    Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Eros obviously.
    Mgh. I don't know any Greek mythological big bro that doesn't screw over his family, so I guess we'll go with love, sex, and patron to the gay fandom ^^

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Why was Badou banned?

Anyway, I was initially very positive about the announcement but all the new information that we are getting is not very inspiring. Maybe the inheritance will at least save us from Dick working a day job?
    Probably spoke too bad about Taylor... I think one of his post was deleted and I think the previous ban was also about a creator... forget who... *snap* Jurgens!

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    Just read Future State and, damn, to finally read something that feels like an actual Dick Grayson story is so refreshing. And he was even allowed to be competent! I will never be a fan of the costume but that doesn't change that Scott is a pro so the art was still good.

Now all that's missing are spoilers:
    some puns
    end of spoilers because it would be a shame if Constant didn't get to write some for Dick.
    I liked a lot too. It's been a while since he was shown to be this competent.

Oh, and he was in the Batgirls back-up of The Next Batman #2.
    Pretty cool to see him as the leader of the Resistance.

But it's kinda difficult to pinpoint where each story is the timeline of the Bat books.

spoilers:
    In Nightwing we see Dick talking with Babs, in the Batgirls stories she is a prisioner. In Robin Eternal Tim has no idea that Dick is out there fighting and is working with Spoiler, who was also in a prision with Cassie in Batgirls. But Spoiler knows about Dick being the leader of the Resistance.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Drako; 01-19-2021 at 05:41 AM.