Page 167 of 270 FirstFirst ... 67117157163164165166167168169170171177217267 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,505 of 4044

I don’t like TTA very much, and the teacher role is demeaning and makes them old, but as we saw with Titans. They can’t just pull him from a Titans book as he’s the franchise’s most marketable character. Dick substantiates the whole Academy. Roy on the other hand. Naming the school after Roy was silly, him teaching anyone is even more silly. Should Red Hood jump in as sub next. Roy is a walking example of what not to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I don’t like TTA very much, and the teacher role is demeaning and makes them old, but as we saw with Titans. They can’t just pull him from a Titans book as he’s the franchise’s most marketable character. Dick substantiates the whole Academy. Roy on the other hand. Naming the school after Roy was silly, him teaching anyone is even more silly. Should Red Hood jump in as sub next. Roy is a walking example of what not to do.
    Yeah the titans must be the oldest 20s somethings on the planet lol. DC needs a reboot the titans (the team not the characters) a New New teen titans if you will.

Keep the academy for the older titans that DC doesn't know what to do with like Donna, best boy and starfire etc. It'll be there in universe "limbo" when there not being used.

Have both Dick and Wally creat a new 5 or 6 person team with new members that are currently relevant/needs a comeback.

But Titans is ruled by nostalgia big time.
    Last edited by WonderNight; 08-23-2021 at 12:10 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Being a teacher is not demeaning. 30 is not old? Dick has been pulled from the titans book before multiple times. It’s not a big deal, he’s not appearing that frequently, it might make the red X matters more interesting if one of them beest detectives isn’t their. He can wire checks. Roy was a hero and their friend why wouldn’t they name it after him.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    It makes very little sense for Dick to not be in TTA when so much of the book revolves around him. It's actually something of an issue, that Dick just by virtue of being Dick and therefore relevant to so many of the younger students, that the other Titans have to somewhat compete for screen time.
    Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    Why do you feel that way? I wouldn't mind though. Dick needs to be on a real team! Not just background teacher.
    It doesn’t revolve around him. Titans academy is about the students and it that’s good. I’m actually developing some intrest in some of them. The titans are not competing for screentime they have had decades of it. This pretty much the “New Class” type book. Dick is already part of team called the bat family, who I feel tend to feel to be more important then the justice league. More so I belive his new foundation will require slot of his attention and he won’t be able to split focus. This has happen in New teen titans, 2003 teen Titans and rebirth titans. He can return whenever, and as of right now he doesn’t seem to be directly mentoring anybody the students, the batpack issue made that clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    It doesn’t revolve around him. Titans academy is about the students and it that’s good. I’m actually developing some intrest in some of them. The titans are not competing for screentime they have had decades of it. This pretty much the “New Class” type book. Dick is already part of team called the bat family, who I feel tend to feel to be more important then the justice league. More so I belive his new foundation will require slot of his attention and he won’t be able to split focus. This has happen in New teen titans, 2003 teen Titans and rebirth titans. He can return whenever, and as of right now he doesn’t seem to be directly mentoring anybody the students, the batpack issue made that clear.
    Dick was always go to be a background character in TTA, i mean name gave it away. Can believe people are shocked.

The batfamily is dicks team book? Lmao just put him back in the robin costume and be done with it lol!

Being a teacher is not demeaning. 30 is not old? Dick has been pulled from the titans book before multiple times. It’s not a big deal, he’s not appearing that frequently, it might make the red X matters more interesting if one of them beest detectives isn’t their. He can wire checks. Roy was a hero and their friend why wouldn’t they name it after him.
    It highlights them as no longer the next generation but the trainers of the next generation. They are heroes in their prime. 30 isn’t old, but it comes off like that when the act like they are 40 and are surrounded by teenagers who call them old. And again, as with the last Titans series pulling Dick is a big deal. Especially when his history is the linchpin for their entire marketing direction. Red X is his former persona coming back. Take him out and they take out the entire connection to the identity. Lastly Roy was a screw up and a failure. To name the Academy after him out of pity makes the Academy look laughable. For the last decade Roy was getting drunk and Outlawing it with Red Hood as the lovable screwup. Is that the kind of accomplishments a school is really looking to promote.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 08-23-2021 at 01:57 PM.

The last time Dick and Roy interacted was Roy punching Dick in the face and beating him up while Dick then had to apologize for being in the wrong and an awful leader in Abnett's Titans run while Roy was right about everything. Every time Dick and Roy interact Dick gets written pretty horribly. Even when they aren't in the same book together you have stuff like Lobdell's Outlaws run where Roy was insulting Dick and blaming him for things. Which of course was done to lessen Dick's character to build up Roy being closer with Jason and Starfire. In my opinion the less Dick interacts with Roy the better because it never ends well.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    It makes very little sense for Dick to not be in TTA when so much of the book revolves around him. It's actually something of an issue, that Dick just by virtue of being Dick and therefore relevant to so many of the younger students, that the other Titans have to somewhat compete for screen time.
    Why do you feel that way? I wouldn't mind though. Dick needs to be on a real team! Not just background teacher.
    Dick was always go to be a background character in TTA, i mean name gave it away. Can believe people are shocked.

The batfamily is dicks team book? Lmao just put him back in the robin costume and be done with it lol!
    With the transition to
    Jace happening soon, yes it kind of is his tea, as future state presented when Bruce takes off he is defacto leader.

Do you guys really feel the batfamily is dick's team? Nightwing being 100% bat! Is that what you guys want? I thought dick becomimg nightwing was him looking for independence from the bat, from gotham. I look nightwing as independent DCU first and bat secondary but I guess that just me.

Extraordinary Member

Do you guys really feel the batfamily is dick's team? Nightwing being 100% bat! Is that what you guys want? I thought dick becomimg nightwing was him looking for independence from the bat, from gotham. I look nightwing as independent DCU first and bat secondary but I guess that just me.
    He is more consistently dependent and kind then Bruce and is very much a role model for Tim Steph Cass Damian Duke
    There is not much going on in the DCU, Batfamily has been and continues to be the main event of DC.

Why do you guy equate being independent to running away from. Dude is 29, he knows who he is, and he has his independence.that doesn’t mean he is not gonna be their for his family. Dick is not 19 anymore trying to prove himself, we’re past that.

last time dick saw Roy was his boys night with Damian and it was fun. Yes their are inconsistencies becuase timeline wise their is no time for Jason and Roy to ever meet and be friends. Especially since he was and original titans, then again I don’t really care for lobdells work.

If I have to pick between the Batman family or the Titans then I'll pick the Batman family every time. The Titans have lead to zero good stories for Dick in 30 years despite him being the "face" of the Titans. That is basically what it comes down to for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    If I have to pick between the Batman family or the Titans then I'll pick the Batman family every time. The Titans have lead to zero good stories for Dick in 30 years despite him being the "face" of the Titans. That is basically what it comes down to for me.
    But does it have it be titans is there nothing else for him as character outside of the batbook?

He is more consistently dependent and kind then Bruce and is very much a role model for Tim Steph Cass Damian Duke
    There is not much going on in the DCU, Batfamily has been and continues to be the main event of DC.

Why do you guy equate being independent to running away from. Dude is 29, he knows who he is, and he has his independence.that doesn’t mean he is not gonna be their for his family. Dick is not 19 anymore trying to prove himself, we’re past that.

last time dick saw Roy was his boys night with Damian and it was fun. Yes their are inconsistencies becuase timeline wise their is no time for Jason and Roy to ever meet and be friends. Especially since he was and original titans, then again I don’t really care for lobdells work.
    independence mean space and having your own. Right he's in his late 20s, time leave you own mark on the world and start you own family. Not be the oldest kid in daddy's house, Sad. By the way, what's the point of dick being in bludhaven and not gotham then?
    Last edited by WonderNight; 08-23-2021 at 04:35 AM.

I feel like Nightwing could be removed from academy soon. If Roy returns definitely
    This doesn't make any sense.
    Not only they were in the same team at the same time before, Dick is a big part of the "mystery of Red X".
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    This doesn't make any sense.
    Not only they were in the same team at the same time before, Dick is a big part of the "mystery of Red X".
    Dick barely appears as is. It may help the mystery if their best detective is away.