Page 170 of 270 FirstFirst ... 70120160166167168169170171172173174180220 ... LastLast
Results 2,536 to 2,550 of 4044

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Roy's R stands for Red Arrow.
    It looks like a Robin R though.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It looks like a Robin R though.
    It's clearly taken from the Robin motif
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iclifton View Post
    Look like Taylor is not going over to the main Bat title. Glad we get to keep him for longer!

Williamson wrote a great Grayson this week. He also seems inspired by Morrison's work on the title. Hopefully we get some Nightwing guest appearances.
    Yeah, Williamson seems to play well with others - and made a point of saying that the existing plans for the other Bat Titles would be honoured - so I think we're looking a minimal disruption, which is nice! And, speaking only for myself, probably a much improved "Batman" title into the bargain.

Ew what type of roster is that.

Yeah, it's as much Titans as it is Bat family. What the heck is Cyborg doing there?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Katana Nightwing, Roy Harper Robin?
    Nah, i'm good.
    Thank god that didn’t happen

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Yeah any reference to Morrison B&R always gives me warm feelings. God if they can remember that why can’t they let Dick keep Mr. Toad and Pyg as Rogues?
    And Flamingo, would love to see him back again as well....

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Flamingo did appear in Ben Percy's run in that Wacky race he did.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Mighty Member

I'm not thrilled with all of the choices there (why Cyborg?), but I don't like judging ideas without execution or context either. Especially since it doesn't necessarily mean Dick wouldn't exist in the show's universe.

I'm really curious about Red Arrow/Red Robin/Red Hood, though.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Flamingo did appear in Ben Percy's run in that Wacky race he did.
    which was fun...but there needs to be more.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Yeah any reference to Morrison B&R always gives me warm feelings. God if they can remember that why can’t they let Dick keep Mr. Toad and Pyg as Rogues?
    Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    A lot of the villains Morrison introduced should be Dick's villains. Seeley picked up on this and had Dick go up against Pyg and Dr. Hurt. Since Pyg and Flamingo debuted in the bad future issue of Damian's Batman, I think all the villains from there should show up in the present to be Dick's villains: Max Roboto, Jackanapes, the Weasel, Loveless, Candyman, the Sphinx, etc. Add Raptor, Deathwing, Dr. Levictus and the Fist of Cain (would LOVE to see Nightwing run a gauntlet of these psychos in a movie) and Nightwing would have a pretty cool looking rogues gallery instead of the duds from the Bludhaven days.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Roy's R stands for Red Arrow.
    I saw that but somehow glossed over the Red Robin Arrow. I was mainly distracted by Katana as Nightwing and Cyborg.

lol. Bruce doesn't have enough side kicks. He's gotta start poaching the bajillionare's side kick as well. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Thank god that didn’t happen
    As Murakami said, this was just an idea he pitched and he doubted that DC would have allowed it anyway but in animation 'you have to swing for the fences'.

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    I'm not thrilled with all of the choices there (why Cyborg?), but I don't like judging ideas without execution or context either. Especially since it doesn't necessarily mean Dick wouldn't exist in the show's universe.

I'm really curious about Red Arrow/Red Robin/Red Hood, though.
    I can't think of any reason beyond Murakami also having worked on the Titans show.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    A lot of the villains Morrison introduced should be Dick's villains. Seeley picked up on this and had Dick go up against Pyg and Dr. Hurt. Since Pyg and Flamingo debuted in the bad future issue of Damian's Batman, I think all the villains from there should show up in the present to be Dick's villains: Max Roboto, Jackanapes, the Weasel, Loveless, Candyman, the Sphinx, etc. Add Raptor, Deathwing, Dr. Levictus and the Fist of Cain (would LOVE to see Nightwing run a gauntlet of these psychos in a movie) and Nightwing would have a pretty cool looking rogues gallery instead of the duds from the Bludhaven days.

I second this idea.

Spectacular Member

I didn't like Beware the Batman, and I'm glad this didn't happen. Such a bizarre roster - as others have said, with so many characters in the Batfamily, why would you go this route? That whole show was puzzling.

That being said, I do encounter some people from time to time who enjoyed it, so perhaps they would have liked this too.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I don't think Dick needs a firmly established rogues gallery divorced from Batman's. Sure, I'd be happy to read about him taking on any of the above, but I'm also content with him taking on Two-Face, or the Penguin, or any of the Batfamily's rogues gallery. He has adversaries in Blockbuster et al, but he's a member of a larger corner of the DC-verse.

This reflects how I feel about Superman's rogues gallery also being shared among his extensive family. It just seems silly to limit choices just in order to create some sense of separation between characters that are very closely tied together.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post
    I don't think Dick needs a firmly established rogues gallery divorced from Batman's. Sure, I'd be happy to read about him taking on any of the above, but I'm also content with him taking on Two-Face, or the Penguin, or any of the Batfamily's rogues gallery. He has adversaries in Blockbuster et al, but he's a member of a larger corner of the DC-verse.

This reflects how I feel about Superman's rogues gallery also being shared among his extensive family. It just seems silly to limit choices just in order to create some sense of separation between characters that are very closely tied together.
    Oh I definitely wouldn't want him to NOT fight the classic rogues. He has a long history with them after all.

I'd prefer a balance of him facing the old school Bat-foes, crossing paths with his old Titans foes (particularly Slade, who should be his arch enemy IMO), running across various major DCU villains, but also have a set of villains uniquely his own. The Bludhaven villains created by Dixion were an attempt at that, but they all suck lol. Might as well give him some cool garish villains that he already has somewhat of a claim on (Pyg and Flamingo in particular). Bonus points that villains like Flamingo, the Circus of the Strange, Raptor ad the Fist of Cain are not bound to one setting. They could be recurring villains for him who could naturally pop up in different locations like he does.

I loved that Seeley issue where he went through like a whole host of random villains...