Page 174 of 270 FirstFirst ... 74124164170171172173174175176177178184224 ... LastLast
Results 2,596 to 2,610 of 4044
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
    For example, via previews - (https://previewsworld.com/) it's still impossible to order the books announced in the November solicitations. So I assume it's only 2 months in advance.
    That's readers preorder to the stores right?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    That's readers preorder to the stores right?
    Yes.
    So you can preorder starting from two months in advance (so November solicitations in September, etc), up until the FOC to guarantee you get the comics you want.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    DC's sales numbers feel off. Like overestimated maybe? At least with some. I know Comichron doesn't get DC's numbers from Diamond anymore, since DC doesn't use Diamond and they are estimating them, but some of them feel high. Like it would be great for Nightwing to sell 54K a month on its own without some event, but those numbers are higher than what Nightwing in the 90s was selling. So that doesn't feel quite right. Like I get Nightwing was selling low at the end of the Ric saga, but for it to be selling maybe double what the Ric issues were feels like too big a jump when there was no relaunch of a new #1. Creative changes mid run don't double a book's sales historically anymore. Also Tynion's Batman is selling more than what Synder's New 52 Batman run was selling even though the first Vol. of Tynion's Batman run didn't stand out on the 2020 bookscan sales reports. I know Tynion used a lot of Joker in his run, so maybe that propped it up some, but if it was selling this well I would have thought it would be doing noticeably better in trade sales.

Maybe I am missing something. I dunno. Just some of the numbers feel off to me I guess.
    I agree about wondergirl, her selling double of wonderwoman feels off

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess I hope it doesn't contradict too much.
    Superboy is in Titans United. That seems to contradict Suicide Squad.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I'm curious in terms of Dick's generation who would you consider to be their version of the trinity? I have always thought Dick, Wally and Donna

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The Titans United writer said the book is outside of the main Infinite frontier timeline, and more of a story to familiarize the TV show fans with the comics. He also said it's very influenced by the NTT run.

So as far as we know, Dick could also be with Starfire in this book.

The Titans United writer said the book is outside of the main Infinite frontier timeline, and more of a story to familiarize the TV show fans with the comics. He also said it's very influenced by the NTT run.

So far we know TTA happens a few months before Nightwing. But I do wonder if this will keep happening with Babs and Kori love triangle happened in different ways

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Well we have two Connors right now so it does not

Extraordinary Member

We’ll see if that sells the book, then again dick and Kory have not been romantically involved since season 1
    Right now their in separate storylines.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I'm curious in terms of Dick's generation who would you consider to be their version of the trinity? I have always thought Dick, Wally and Donna
    That’s the comics one. Because of the YJ and Titans shows though, I’ve seen a lot of people consider Dick’s Trinity to be Dick, Donna, and Conner.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    That’s the comics one. Because of the YJ and Titans shows though, I’ve seen a lot of people consider Dick’s Trinity to be Dick, Donna, and Conner.
    Yeah, the fact that Conner was the Superboy to Dick's Robin was always kind...interesting, although they've never been depicted as close as, say, Dick and Wally or Tim and Conner.

Conner doesn't have much importance until now in the Titans show. And Donna is not even part of YJ.

So unless you count one for each show, that doesn't make much sense.

But Wally was Dick's best friend in YJ and Donna is his best friend in Titans.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Conner doesn't have much importance until now in the Titans show. And Donna is not even part of YJ.

So unless you count one for each show, that doesn't make much sense.

But Wally was Dick's best friend in YJ and Donna is his best friend in Titans.
    The new encyclopedia confirms this

Without looking into it I don't want to say anything specific, but the Nightwing book doing better month-to-month with the current does not surprise me at all. The book gets better press and attention with every passing issue.

I may not love the book right now, but you'd have to be deliberately ignoring other people to miss how much more of an impact the Nightwing book is having month-to-month than it used to lol.

Spectacular Member

That can't be because of YJ, since Donna's role there is almost a cameo. Must be exclusively due to Titans, where she is quite present, though both Donna and Dick are clearly a generation above Conner there as well.