Page 175 of 270 FirstFirst ... 75125165171172173174175176177178179185225 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,625 of 4044

Happy to finally listen this:

Batman Officially Considers Nightwing His Greatest Triumph.

https://screenrant.com/batman-love-n...t-hero-comics/

I think the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    The new encyclopedia confirms this
    what new encyclopedia?

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post

I think the same.
    I saw this in Batman\Catwoman, it was cool.
    Not the first this was stated tho.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    Without looking into it I don't want to say anything specific, but the Nightwing book doing better month-to-month with the current does not surprise me at all. The book gets better press and attention with every passing issue.

I may not love the book right now, but you'd have to be deliberately ignoring other people to miss how much more of an impact the Nightwing book is having month-to-month than it used to lol.
    Yeah - the book has a lot going for it right now. It's selling well, it's being well reviewed, Taylor is aiming big - and has the freedom to basically declare what bits of Nightwing history are in continuity and which aren't. He's tied it to an attention-grabbing development in "Superman" that is under his own control, it lacks the inherent divisiveness that "Grayson" had, whilst also being more divorced from Batman plots/runs (while still making use of popular Batman characters).

And it has the ultimate ace in the hole that if sales do slip/attention wanes, having not re-set the numbering when Taylor and Redondo took over - they have that in their back pocket to pull, Marvel style, mid-run.

Opinions on quality aside - a good long Taylor/Redondo run on the title based on the foundation we've seen so far could be as definitive as Johns on Green Lantern.

(Not as financially successful - if only! - but in terms of establishing a character.)

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    Without looking into it I don't want to say anything specific, but the Nightwing book doing better month-to-month with the current does not surprise me at all. The book gets better press and attention with every passing issue.

I may not love the book right now, but you'd have to be deliberately ignoring other people to miss how much more of an impact the Nightwing book is having month-to-month than it used to lol.
    Yeah, I'm not a big fan of the direction, but I'm ready to admit that I'm out of touch

Extraordinary Member

I hope for a consistentancy that last
    I want this run to rival Dixon

Ok so this is not a who's better but based on the timeline does dick have more experience as a hero in the field than all of the other Robin's and duke combined?

Robin #5 made me think about this.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    Ok so this is not a who's better but based on the timeline does dick have more experience as a hero in the field than all of the other Robin's and duke combined?

Robin #5 made me think about this.
    Damian started at 10 until now at 14 so he has 4 years.
    Duke started at 16 when Damian was 12 until now so he has 2 years.
    Tim in the current timeline we don't know when he started but assuming it's the same 13 and he's now 19 at the oldest so he has 6 years max.
    Stephanie started a year after Tim so 5 years max.
    Jason was never clarified when he died but using the classic 12 to 15 he has 4 years max as Robin. Then add Tim's years until now, since he's immediately resurrected to train with the League of Assassins, he has 10 years max.
    Dick hasn't been cleared but since Taylor seems to be using Dixon then it's around 12 to 18-19 so 7-8 years just for Robin. Then add Jason's years so he has about 18 years of experience max.

So no, not combined, but he's still been at it for most of his life.

There have been a couple reviews coming out that have been more critical of Taylor’s run, and I’ve found them echoing a lot of people’s dissatisfaction. Here’s a link to one: https://www.comicsbookcase.com/revie...mpression=true

This one reviews the first trade/arc. I enjoyed reading it and here’s my favorite line:
    What Taylor does steer into, however, is memes.
    This was great to read, finally others are agreeing with me! I’m still buying the run but I need Taylor to bring some fresh ideas to the table once we get back to Bludhaven after Fear State. Great art and fanservice have carried him so far because of how bad Ric was, but that can only carry you for so long.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    There have been a couple reviews coming out that have been more critical of Taylor’s run, and I’ve found them echoing a lot of people’s dissatisfaction. Here’s a link to one: https://www.comicsbookcase.com/revie...mpression=true

This one reviews the first trade/arc. I enjoyed reading it and here’s my favorite line:

This was great to read, finally others are agreeing with me! I’m still buying the run but I need Taylor to bring some fresh ideas to the table once we get back to Bludhaven after Fear State. Great art and fanservice have carried him so far because of how bad Ric was, but that can only carry you for so long.
    This makes me think the writer whose comics I'm most likely to see on tumblr are Taylor (and maybe Al Ewing).

Yo fantastic review! Nightwing should be leaping into new territory and new heights but is grounded in nostalgia and batfam.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post

I think the same.
    Hopefully the sentimentnladt and another writer does not contradict it

But if sales stay solid then this will send a clear message to DC - Nightwing fans want him going in circles, Batfam fanservice and memes. And I'm sure that there are many Nightwing fans who are actually okay with that, but I'm not sure where that leaves people like me.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    But if sales stay solid then this will send a clear message to DC - Nightwing fans want him going in circles, Batfam fanservice and memes. And I'm sure that there are many Nightwing fans who are actually okay with that, but I'm not sure where that leaves people like me.
    Which part is going in circles? Fighting Blockbuster and corrupt cops again?

That and being in Bludhaven, teasing relationship with Babs.

Nightwing Royal Mail Stamp by Jim Cheung and Laura Martin