Page 193 of 270 FirstFirst ... 93143183189190191192193194195196197203243 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,895 of 4044

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I agree that Tom Taylor doesn't deserve the vitriol. I follow him on FB and he's been nothing but nice and supportive of all who follow his work. It's not his fault, he's just following what editorial dictated. The comments I've seen from people who are mad at him have so far been very immature and childish.
    He still take his time to respond to this people that accuse him of something he has no control over, which i find a waste of time of his part. Talking with this professional outrage people from Twitter is something i have no interest in doing it.

Anyways, i think an Nightwing movie is something we could actually see. Since Warner bros is the most reactionary company out there, if Batgirl is a success we can expect them to green light every Bat related project pichted to them.
    Last edited by Drako; 09-26-2021 at 06:04 AM.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Kinda feel like an animated Nightwing movie might be far off since they’re only just starting a new animated universe. My bet is that unlike the DCAMU which jumped ahead, this new animated universe will actually show us Dick and Bruce meeting for the first time and Dick becoming Robin. Damn there’s actually a lot of potential content coming up that might star Dick as Robin now that I think about it.
    I mean they can still do a Nightwing movie just not in the same universe but wouldn't make sense. Yea the Long Halloween animated movie director said he wanted to do Dark Victory. But if not they will probably do a Robin year one. This makes me wonder. If they will actually do a Teen Titan movie from their first year. Or if when they skip the Titan year one and have him be Nightwing
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 09-26-2021 at 07:59 AM.

Taylor’s problem is that he’s marketed himself as someone who likes to pander to Twitter and Tumblr with fanservice, but now he can’t give them what they want. So they turn on him as they are wont to do and bite the hand that feeds them. Tynion leaving Twitter is one of the smartest things he’s done, you’re on Twitter until you “make it” as a big writer, and then it’s best to just hire someone to handle your account for marketing and leave social media.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I mean they can still do a Nightwing movie just not in the same universe but wouldn't make sense. Yea the Long Halloween animated movie director said he wanted to do Dark Victory. But if not they will probably do a Robin year one. This makes me wonder. If they will actually do a Teen Titan movie from their first year. Or if when they skip the Titan year one and have him be Nightwing
    They could it’s true, but odds aren’t likely imo. Would be cool though. Don’t think the “Tomorrowverse” will do time jumps, I’m hoping we’ll actually get to see this animated universe unfold without big gaps like Young Justice has become.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Yea I think they most likely will show us how he became Nightwing. And this mights me wonder will they go with the NTT one or like the BTAS and have him and Bruce argue

Next Teen Titans graphic novel by Kami Garcia and Gabriel Picolo is about Dick and Damian as Robins.

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

I really don't like that conceptually. Could still be good, but goes against several preferences of mine so it bums me out.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Next Teen Titans graphic novel by Kami Garcia and Gabriel Picolo is about Dick and Damian as Robins.

That’s a instant preorder even if it’s trash

I feel like the series would just be better if it was just about Dick as Robin. Just weird to include Dick and Damian as Robin in what is a OGN series so heavily inspired by the cartoon.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I feel like the series would just be better if it was just about Dick as Robin. Just weird to include Dick and Damian as Robin in what is a OGN series so heavily inspired by the cartoon.
    It's slightly weird, but maybe Dick will debut as Nightwing there, while Damian stays Robin.

Anyway, I'd like to read a story about them as brothers and see what this series has planned for them.

I think that Dick/Damian connection is one of the best things that happened to both of these characters so I'm all for DC focusing on it.

This series is being great, so far, and I'm totally on board with this.

Let's see how it plays out.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I think that Dick/Damian connection is one of the best things that happened to both of these characters so I'm all for DC focusing on it.
    That connection works on the principle that Dick isn’t Robin anymore, and can reverse his relationship with Bruce. Both being Robin is a much different landscape that I think is probably gonna play out more like Tim and Damian’s relationship, or even Dick and Jason’s, then the Dick and Damian relationship we know.

Yeah, I imagine it will be more of a new Robin infringing on the old Robin kind of dynamic. So expect there to be animosity or a rivalry, which is very different to what Dick and Damian's relationship is like in the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Yeah, I imagine it will be more of a new Robin infringing on the old Robin kind of dynamic. So expect there to be animosity or a rivalry, which is very different to what Dick and Damian's relationship is like in the comics.
    When the relationship started, they had friction. It's not like him and Damian were buddies from the get-go.
    Seeing the evolution of their friendship was what made so special.

Astonishing Member

Damian/Dick relationship in main continuity is dictated by the fact that it was Dick who took Damian into the Bat-Family, made him his Robin while he was Batman, helped him become a better man, and essentially played the role of his father while Bruce himself was presumed dead. It is this story that makes their dynamics so special.
    It is very difficult to expect similar dynamics in the rest of stories, diiferent media, and so on.