Page 194 of 270 FirstFirst ... 94144184190191192193194195196197198204244 ... LastLast
Results 2,896 to 2,910 of 4044

Their starting points were still completely different. The evolution of their friendship is still predicated on their position within the dynamic. I have a very hard time seeing it replicated under this circumstance.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 09-28-2021 at 05:07 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Their starting points were still completely different. The evolution of their friendship is still predicated on their position within the dynamic. I have a very hard time seeing it replicated under this circumstance.
    Yeah. The dynamic will be different in thid Robin OGN.

I'm pretty sure there will be a conflict between a New Robin and Old Robin about the Robin identity.

Such changes from main continuity are extremely common in OGNs. After all, these stories are in a totally new continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    When the relationship started, they had friction. It's not like him and Damian were buddies from the get-go.
    Seeing the evolution of their friendship was what made so special.
    That was very different. Dick was never threatened by Damian, like how a Tim was, and was the one that welcomed him and tried to be there like how Bruce was for him when he was Robin. Their dynamic was very much a mentor trying to teach and understand his mentee while Dick at the same time was trying to fit into his new role as Batman. They had friction but it was never based off of Dick feeling like his position was being threatened. I kind of expect that to be what their dynamic will be like in this OGN because you can't really have the same dynamic as the comics when Bruce is acting as Batman for both. Like it wouldn't surprise me at all if it is what leads Dick to break away and become Nightwing in this continuity maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I doubt the writer even want to replicate something we already saw. It's not the same universe, we don't need to see the same road to their friendship again.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Someone from Checkmate compared this Daemon Rose, Lois Lane little brother, to Nightwing saying that this new dude is pretty good.

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Someone from Checkmate compared this Daemon Rose, Lois Lane little brother, to Nightwing saying that this new dude is pretty good.
    Ooh he cute too, with a combo of cool/cute name. He has my attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
    It's slightly weird, but maybe Dick will debut as Nightwing there, while Damian stays Robin.

Anyway, I'd like to read a story about them as brothers and see what this series has planned for them.
    So they're Jason-ing them. They do like to switch it around huh.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 09-28-2021 at 05:44 AM.

I guess its good that new characters are now compared to Nightwing to make them sound cool/relevant.

I doubt the writer even want to replicate something we already saw. It's not the same universe, we don't need to see the same road to their friendship again.
    I assume they'll write it more focusing on a sibling relationship between the older and younger brother, which is why they're both Robin.
    Cool for Dick, but why does this character exist?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I assume they'll write it more focusing on a sibling relationship between the older and younger brother, which is why they're both Robin.

Coz Bendis can't use Secret Agent Grayson? He's fighting Deathstrokes.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Coz Bendis can't use Secret Agent Grayson? He's fighting Deathstrokes.
    And using guns...actually he does kind of look like Dick, come to think.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I guess its good that new characters are now compared to Nightwing to make them sound cool/relevant.
    Meanwhile, Raptor got stomped by the most boring character in the Robin's book, a little bald kid with gloves.

I guess in Williamson's mind that makes the bald kid cool. Everything I have read from him so far has been very frustrating. Some pages are great, but then he writes something very bad/stupid/cringe on the very next page. I'm starting to worry about him becoming next Batman writer.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I guess in Williamson's mind that makes the bald kid cool. Everything I have read from him so far has been very frustrating. Some pages are great, but then he writes something very bad/stupid/cringe on the very next page. I'm starting to worry about him becoming next Batman writer.
    I don't know. I liked some of his work with Flash, i loved Speed Metal and his Robin book is enjoyable, but the fact that he choose to put a bunch of Nightwing villains to be fodder to his OCs in this tournament kinda pisses me off.

I also don't like the fact that he found a excuse to use Damian killing people with no consequences.

I guess his long term plan is to have guys like bald kid and Respawn as Damian's villains so they need to look "legit". But its not like many people care that one of them killed Raptor and those that do care are probably guys like us who didn't find that cool at all.

I also don't like the fact that he found a excuse to use Damian killing people with no consequences.
    Oh yeah, I was thinking about dropping the book entirely when he did the whole "killing is ok if there are no consequences" bit.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Dc is finally building its world of intelligence agencies. Back whenGrayson ended, their could be no future for the genre in DC becuase DC lacked S.h.I.e.l.d