Page 196 of 270 FirstFirst ... 96146186192193194195196197198199200206246 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,940 of 4044

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Doubt any parent admits to having favourite but the bond between Dick and Bruce is far stronger than the rest.

Understandable when you consider what they've been through and how long they've been in each other's lives.
    That's the hard part. How long have the others been in Bruce's life. Generally they are around the same age has Dick right? Jason had a terrible dad and basically homeless, Tim also had a terrible dad. Damian his mom and grandpa. But overall those never got to be with how Dick was with Bruce. after Dick left I would say Bruce harden his heart so it was more difficult for each of them to deal with Bruce. Especially after Jason dead. Heck Bruce while he is willing to harm anyone who harms his kids. He was willing to harm his own kids that harmed Dick.

It really makes me wonder how much worst would Bruce get if Dick left again. He has Damian so he doesn't need another Robin. I know Dick would never cut out his own family but just cutting out Bruce. I mean Bruce kind of became a stalker to make sure Dick was okay

Astonishing Member

Doubt any parent admits to having favourite but the bond between Dick and Bruce is far stronger than the rest.

Understandable when you consider what they've been through and how long they've been in each other's lives.
    I didn't enjoy Tynion's run on Batman much, but I did like when Ghost Maker turned up and he was Bruce's Secret Rival that nobody had ever heard of and who left no trace of himself on the world etc etc.... And then Dick was just all "Oh, Ghost Maker's here? But I thought Batman and he agreed decades ago that he'd never come to Gotham".

Whether due to trust, or just that he's known him longest, I like the idea that Dick would be in on - and keep - all Bruce's secrets, even if they're ones the rest of the family aren't privy to.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    That's the hard part. How long have the others been in Bruce's life. Generally they are around the same age has Dick right? Jason had a terrible dad and basically homeless, Tim also had a terrible dad. Damian his mom and grandpa. But overall those never got to be with how Dick was with Bruce. after Dick left I would say Bruce harden his heart so it was more difficult for each of them to deal with Bruce. Especially after Jason dead. Heck Bruce while he is willing to harm anyone who harms his kids. He was willing to harm his own kids that harmed Dick.

It really makes me wonder how much worst would Bruce get if Dick left again. He has Damian so he doesn't need another Robin. I know Dick would never cut out his own family but just cutting out Bruce. I mean Bruce kind of became a stalker to make sure Dick was okay
    Bruce never needed a Robin. He needed Dick [family] regardless of what some writers keep trying to tell [not show] us Dick is the only Robin that made a positive difference in Batman's life and approach to crime fighting.

I don't know about hardening his heart after Dick left but due to real world trends the nature of batman stories changed [which is why the Batman needs a Robin claim that was used to introduce Tim never stands up to scrutiny when held up against the actual stories]

Batman got darker and has remained dark. The only light Batman is next to Dick as robin. I don't want to say that it's due to Bruce hardening his heart. I can't say that but Bruce was def hurt when Dick left.

Dick is Batman's greatest Success and his legacy to the world [according to Morrison]
    I don't know what would happen should Dick cut bruce out of his life because the comics have warped Bruce's character so much

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    I didn't enjoy Tynion's run on Batman much, but I did like when Ghost Maker turned up and he was Bruce's Secret Rival that nobody had ever heard of and who left no trace of himself on the world etc etc.... And then Dick was just all "Oh, Ghost Maker's here? But I thought Batman and he agreed decades ago that he'd never come to Gotham".

Whether due to trust, or just that he's known him longest, I like the idea that Dick would be in on - and keep - all Bruce's secrets, even if they're ones the rest of the family aren't privy to.
    I like little touches like that.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Since Dick getting shot by The Joker causing Batman to relieve him of Robin was a retcon... the first of many... the first true hardening would be after Jason died. Whether it's redhead Jason or crime alley Jason. Since if it all went down without a retcon, Bruce will remain well adjusted and accepting of Dick leaving. Jason will be Robin without all the angst and awkwardness of Bruce firing Dick and then missing him.

Bruce never needed a Robin. He needed Dick [family] regardless of what some writers keep trying to tell [not show] us Dick is the only Robin that made a positive difference in Batman's life and approach to crime fighting.

I don't know about hardening his heart after Dick left but due to real world trends the nature of batman stories changed [which is why the Batman needs a Robin claim that was used to introduce Tim never stands up to scrutiny when held up against the actual stories]

Batman got darker and has remained dark. The only light Batman is next to Dick as robin. I don't want to say that it's due to Bruce hardening his heart. I can't say that but Bruce was def hurt when Dick left.

Dick is Batman's greatest Success and his legacy to the world [according to Morrison]
    I don't know what would happen should Dick cut bruce out of his life because the comics have warped Bruce's character so much
    I think every Robin had their own impact on Bruce, even if Dick as the original set the precedent.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I have been hearing about ableism complaints since Oracle: The Cure came out which looked like was going to restore Babs as Batgirl but took a U-turn and they soon relaunched the Batgirl title with Steph as Batgirl. The gritty horror inspired Nu52 book that Gail Simone did did not appeal to the readership of the time but the lighter Burnside Batgirl did appeal to younger teen audiences. This is an entirely different demographic from the Millenials who have been reading Babs and Oracle since the 90's and much of the 00's who were left alienated during the Didio era editorial and the Nu52.

I'm guessing that some people were hoping that Didio being fired, the changes in editorial and literally seeing Babs back in the chair would be a sign she was moving back to the Oracle persona permanently and felt DC pulled a fast one by putting her back in the cowl again.

I agree that Tom Taylor doesn't deserve the vitriol. I follow him on FB and he's been nothing but nice and supportive of all who follow his work. It's not his fault, he's just following what editorial dictated. The comments I've seen from people who are mad at him have so far been very immature and childish.
    I wonder if Babs was due to become Batgirl again then when that Oracle one-shot was written? An editorial page around that time mentioned that they'd considered it before making Steph the new Batgirl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    If they had actually bothered to put out an ARGUS book that could give us a consistent chain of command maybe that would’ve stuck.
    I'd have John Diggle lead that, he's ARGUS's second in command in the Arrowverse (his wife Lyla, aka Harbinger, is the leader, but she's otherwise engaged in the comics) and was introduced in the New 52 Green Arrow run.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post

The other Robin's have only been in Bruce's live for a short time. Like 4 or 5 years but with dick is like 3 or 4 time's that.

Well when Dick gets killed, Bruce tends to immediately try to murder whoever kills him (Joker in The Nail, Lex in Forever Evil, etc). Definitely think he loves Nightwing the most, in part because Dick serves as a reminder of the good he’s accomplished.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

Well when Dick gets killed, Bruce tends to immediately try to murder whoever kills him (Joker in The Nail, Lex in Forever Evil, etc). Definitely think he loves Nightwing the most, in part because Dick serves as a reminder of the good he’s accomplished.
    Yes dick is to Bruce what Lois is to Superman
    That’s why he gets kidnapped so often

He was going to kill Joker after he killed Jason if Superman hadn't intervened and Joker had one of his "Joker Deaths."

He even called Superman out on it when he found out about what Superman did to the Phantom Zone prisoners.

He was pretty savage with Heretic (before he saw what Heretic actually looked like) after Damian's death too.

Suffice it to say, Bruce doesn't take it well when any Robin dies.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    He was going to kill Joker after he killed Jason if Superman hadn't intervened and Joker had one of his "Joker Deaths."

He even called Superman out on it when he found out about what Superman did to the Phantom Zone prisoners.

He was pretty savage with Heretic (before he saw what Heretic actually looked like) after Damian's death too.

Suffice it to say, Bruce doesn't take it well when any Robin dies.
    Well, there was the entire "he's your favorite" in infinite crisis. And also Batman actually raising a gun and contemplating whether to shoot someone.
    And same with forever evil when he thought Luthor killed Dick. It was pretty clear he went crazy there.

The problem with these crazy emotional responses to Dick and Damian's deaths (trying to kill their killers, him actually raising Damian), is that when Stephanie died or even when Tim was presumed dead, it didn't feel even remotely the same.

your favorite.jpg
    batman gun.jpg
    Last edited by Lal; 09-30-2021 at 02:29 AM.

Bruce not caring about Stephanie and Tim just reinforces my head canon that they are worthless characters.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Bruce not caring about Stephanie and Tim just reinforces my head canon that they are worthless characters.
    Well I do love steph but she does need a role and niche of her own.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Middle child syndrome
    Dick was his first and Damian his baby he died at 10