Page 197 of 270 FirstFirst ... 97147187193194195196197198199200201207247 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,955 of 4044
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I wonder if Babs was due to become Batgirl again then when that Oracle one-shot was written? An editorial page around that time mentioned that they'd considered it before making Steph the new Batgirl.
    Then in Batman The Return, the first official meeting with all the Bat fam members after he came back from time traveling, Batman gave Oracle his plan for Batgirl suit and motorcycle, though he didn't clarify how or why. Then turns out in Batman Incorporated, Oracle acts as an antivirus by donning a Batgirl costume and riding a cycle inside the computer world.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Middle child syndrome
    Dick was his first and Damian his baby he died at 10
    Tim and Steph had parents that were very present in their life. Even if they weren't always the best. Also Bruce and Steph barely have a relationship. Her tenure as Robin was more about his relationship with Tim then it was about them. If thats all it took to put her on equal standing with Dick, that would be a problem.

Didn't they retcon it that he knew the whole time Steph wasn't dead? Or at least heavily suspected it and that's why she didn't have a Robin memorial like Jason did?

I think the reaction to Tim's death was choppily handled because of the circumstances but we saw him processing those emotions in 'Tec and it was part of the reason for his actions in regards to the family in the 3rd arc of King's run in the main book.

It doesn't need to be a competition of whose death hurt Bruce the most.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Didn't they retcon it that he knew the whole time Steph wasn't dead? Or at least heavily suspected it and that's why she didn't have a Robin memorial like Jason did?

I think the reaction to Tim's death was choppily handled because of the circumstances but we saw him processing those emotions in 'Tec and it was part of the reason for his actions in regards to the family in the 3rd arc of King's run in the main book.

It doesn't need to be a competition of whose death hurt Bruce the most.
    What actions? sending in them in to face a gotham full of villains and a meta with powers akin to Superman

I do agree that Tim's supposed death was handled badly.

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    What actions? sending in them in to face a gotham full of villains and a meta with powers akin to Superman

I do agree that Tim's supposed death was handled badly.
    I was thinking more having them all in stasis at the Fortress of Solitude while he fought Bane (jeez, King's run was excessive).

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Tom Flemming original Pre-Crisis Earth-2 Robin.

Earth2RobinTomFlemming.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post

This is amazing.

Really well done.

Never did like that mask, but the art is damn good.

I would never want Dick to take the Robin mantle back now, it'd be too big a regression, but I sometimes wonder if it would've been better for him to have kept it.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Incredible Member

Of course, Dick should have kept it!

But it is too late now. People are built into the Nightwing persona.
    Plus, we have what? Five or six other Robins. But something was
    lost when the iconic name was in a sense abandoned.

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post

Not bad .

You guys think the Nightwing movie or at least the animated series will happen? Because both the director of the movie and the person from the animated series said it's not dead. Someone posted a interview with the guy who wanted to do a animated series that said it's not dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Really well done.

Never did like that mask, but the art is damn good.

I would never want Dick to take the Robin mantle back now, it'd be too big a regression, but I sometimes wonder if it would've been better for him to have kept it.
    If he kept it, then both Jason and Tim wouldn't exist, and Dick would've been de-aged. That's why he became Nightwing - the Batman writer and editors wanted Robin back, but Marv Wolfman didn't want to lose Dick from Titans, or have the continuity breaking de-aging. So he turned Dick into Nightwing and told the bat office to create a new Robin, hence we got Jason.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Oh I know. At best we would've gotten Jason under a different moniker while Dick took Robin with him into adulthood, and removing Robin from "Batman &..." may have ended up hurting the brand. I'm quite happy with how things went so I'm not complaining. But "Robin" is certainly more marketable than "Nightwing" and maybe that would've been enough to tip the scales and protect the character from DC's negligence.

Or maybe adult Robin would've backfired completely and ruined both Dick and Bruce. Who knows? I'm glad Dick moved beyond Robin either way; Nightwing > adult Boy Wonder.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Are they making a figure or something?