Page 198 of 270 FirstFirst ... 98148188194195196197198199200201202208248 ... LastLast
Results 2,956 to 2,970 of 4044
    Astonishing Member

Nightwing in the top 40 for September, it seems.

https://icv2.com/articles/markets/vi...september-2021

I make that #11 for DC, under a crapton of Batman.

1. Batman #112 (Fear State),
    2. Batman Fear State Alpha #1 (One Shot)
    3. Batman #113 (Fear State)
    4. Batman Catwoman #7 (Of 12) (Mature)
    5. Nice House On The Lake #4 (Of 12) (Mature)
    6. Batman 89 #2 (Of 6)
    7. Joker #7
    8. I Am Batman #1
    9. Harley Quinn The Animated Series The Eat Bang Kill Tour #1 (Of 6)
    10. Infinite Frontier #5 (Of 6)
    11. Nightwing #84 (Fear State)
    Last edited by Claude; 10-04-2021 at 11:25 AM.

Looks like Fear State tie-in did nothing for the sales since it #83 sold around what Infinite Frontier #4 sold and I doubt that #5 got a sales increase for no reason.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Looks like Fear State tie-in did nothing for the sales since it #83 sold around what Infinite Frontier #4 sold and I doubt that #5 got a sales increase for no reason.
    A different table by Comichorn suggests that Nightwing 83 sold about 51k in August, and ranked higher than Infinite Frontier 4 in terms of sales - https://www.comichron.com/monthlycom...1/2021-08.html

But if we're comparing icv2 tables, it does look like Nightwing sales didn't really change between issues #83 and #84 (although it's hard to say for sure as they don't mention how many copies were sold).

Haven't events and event tie-in issues been seeing a lot of diminishing returns in recent years? I'm pretty sure (could be wrong?) that this sort of thing doesn't pull extra sales like it used to; events are too common now, the readership too set in their pull lists.

It's like killing characters; it doesn't generate buzz like it used to because we all assume the character will return within a year or two. The industry needs new gimmicks to generate their short-term sale spikes, consumers seem bored by the old ones.

Or so it seems to me and the very limited amount of information I have on it.

But it's great that Nightwing is selling like this. All the talk here about Dick's sales and sales potential over the years, and I feel like this data is validation. We know our boy's value after all.
    Last edited by Ascended; 10-05-2021 at 06:49 AM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

It depends. The Metal tie-ins did very well I understand. It’s just that IF isn’t really grabbing people’s attention, probably because it’s far too obsessed with deep continuity cuts. But the Magistrate has been dragged out as the big bad of Batman since Future State so that might be causing fatigue as well.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Mighty Member

I enjoyed Nightwing #83 for what it is, And I've not been reading any of the fear state stuff so this is just another arc for me.

I do see how it brings the overall plot to a standstill And i wish This wasn't the case.
    But there were some cool character moments that I appreciated.

Incredible Member

I think the point of tie is to raise the general line. Hoping Nightwing readers jump over to Batgirls or Batman due to the crossover and vice versa. As a reader I would prefer Nightwing did not have to participate, especially for 3 issues, but I get it.

Its probably because Nightwing is so connected and crossover with the bat books so much already that this feels like just another Nightwing arc.

If this was a tie in to say a superman or wonder woman or DCu event, the numbers may look different.

Quote Originally Posted by Iclifton View Post
    I think the point of tie is to raise the general line. Hoping Nightwing readers jump over to Batgirls or Batman due to the crossover and vice versa. As a reader I would prefer Nightwing did not have to participate, especially for 3 issues, but I get it.
    That's always been the conventional wisdom. And I haven't checked sales numbers in quite a while so I could be wrong here but as far as I know, this wasn't really the case anymore. Depending on the titles and event in question there's still a spike, but if I remember correctly those spikes were (on average) getting smaller and smaller and lasting for a shorter and shorter amount of time.

But I could be wrong here, so unless somebody has data that either supports or disproves the statement, take it with a grain of salt.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    Its probably because Nightwing is so connected and crossover with the bat books so much already that this feels like just another Nightwing arc.

If this was a tie in to say a superman or wonder woman or DCu event, the numbers may look different.
    How much have titles like catwoman jumped with their fear state issue

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    How much have titles like catwoman jumped with their fear state issue
    The lower the sales the the bigger the jump in tie ins

These sales charts can’t track DC’s titles as well anymore. Especially the mid chart books. So with the more new releases and event books Nightwing’s rank dropped as these charts can’t track variations on DCs books very well anymore. What’s more according to this chart Nightwing is selling mid 30k, other charts report it’s units in the 50’s.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 10-05-2021 at 06:43 PM.

Extraordinary Member

It doesn't matter he's improved dramatically since returning to his identity and has be selling above average
    Their nothing to be concerned with as far as that

With news of Daredevil returning and to Disney + I think its time for Nightwing of Titans to separate. He's the only part of titans that has any consistency and its the show seems to want to bend for him but can't because of the rest of the team. When daredevil had been canceled I had hoped that nightwing would be able to take that place in the eyes of the audience, but its the show really dragged their feet just to get him the identity.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    That's always been the conventional wisdom. And I haven't checked sales numbers in quite a while so I could be wrong here but as far as I know, this wasn't really the case anymore. Depending on the titles and event in question there's still a spike, but if I remember correctly those spikes were (on average) getting smaller and smaller and lasting for a shorter and shorter amount of time.

But I could be wrong here, so unless somebody has data that either supports or disproves the statement, take it with a grain of salt.
    Yeah and that could be the case. I think it’s just the thought process behind it. Especially since DC is trying to get people to pick up Batgirls. Honestly I’d much prefer a Nightwing that didn’t tie in. I just think because it’s selling well they are going to make every attempt to get its readers to look at other books as well. Hence why this time the tie in features so many other characters in Nightwings book and why it’s so long.

Silver lining, just pumped to see a Dick Grayson book sell this well consistently

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    It doesn't matter he's improved dramatically since returning to his identity and has be selling above average
    Their nothing to be concerned with as far as that

With news of Daredevil returning and to Disney + I think its time for Nightwing of Titans to separate. He's the only part of titans that has any consistency and its the show seems to want to bend for him but can't because of the rest of the team. When daredevil had been canceled I had hoped that nightwing would be able to take that place in the eyes of the audience, but its the show really dragged their feet just to get him the identity.

I don't know how Nightwing could fill Daredevil place. They are pretty different.

I think Nightwing would have problems to "free" himself from Titans, since this is one of the main aspects he is associated between general audience.

The other big characteristic about Nightwing is that he was the first Robin. If he works solo, the story will likely lean a lot on it.