Page 199 of 270 FirstFirst ... 99149189195196197198199200201202203209249 ... LastLast
Results 2,971 to 2,985 of 4044
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iclifton View Post
    Yeah and that could be the case. I think it’s just the thought process behind it. Especially since DC is trying to get people to pick up Batgirls. Honestly I’d much prefer a Nightwing that didn’t tie in. I just think because it’s selling well they are going to make every attempt to get its readers to look at other books as well. Hence why this time the tie in features so many other characters in Nightwings book and why it’s so long.

Silver lining, just pumped to see a Dick Grayson book sell this well consistently
    It could also be because Tynion doesn't want to use the characters in his story (he wanted to use his own new characters). Batman would still be the better option to promote a new book like Batgirls, since the sales are still bigger.

That said, the backups in Batman comics will have a Batgirls story. So, the promotion is still there.

Now, Tom King has mentioned he wanted to be part of the crossover. And it wouldn't be so weird he really wants to show so many characters.
    Last edited by Konja7; 10-06-2021 at 06:13 AM.

Taylor, not King.

The Webtoon Batman Family Adventures comic is getting a live action adaptation. Dick is played by former Power Ranger Yoshi Sudarso. Tim is his also ex-Ranger brother, Peter.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

From the DC Fandome trailer.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    From the DC Fandome trailer.
    Dick game butt .

Two live action Nightwings? Boy is getting a push finally.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

I've gone to bat for titans as much as I possibly can
    geez

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

And that's legit?

If this is the roster the season will focus on, I am all for that; I missed the originals having the majority of screen time in seasons 2 and 3, more Zee is always welcome and we never got to see Rocket work with the team. I like a lot of the newer additions but I hope the show gets back to the OG's.

But I'm not really feeling the costumes. Kaldur especially looks like Aqualad and not Aquaman now and other than a few minor adjustments to Dick's suit (those belt pouches seem huge?) everyone seems to be wearing the same things they wore the last time we saw them. Not a real problem or anything but I was hoping the visuals and costumes would continue to change and evolve.

Still, I am hyped for this season. I've never subbed to HBOMax but I totally will for this. Watching YJ with my son has been a tradition since season 1.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post

Hellooooooo Megan

For real tho wow and it’s good to have it confirmed Nightwing will have a meaty role this season

The show is at its best when it's focused on a core cast, so focusing on the OG!'s is probably a smart move.

I'm glad M'Gann has her hair back in martian form.

Dick has a hilarious anime transformation in Injustice but otherwise its as dumb as the comic in terms of how he dies.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Dick has a hilarious anime transformation in Injustice but otherwise its as dumb as the comic in terms of how he dies.
    That reminds me of Justice League vs. Teen Titans where everyone randomly gets a transformation sequence out of nowhere .

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    That's out already? How was it? The first game at least has the "good" version of the League to balance out the idiocy, but the trailer did nothing to make me want to watch it.

I'm not surprised they didn't change Dick's death. And I'm not bothered by it. It was a dumb death to serve a dumb video game story, and ultimately was of such little importance the game didn't actually explain what happened, only that Damian had killed him. Nightwing is nothing more than a footnote in Injustice and anyone who wants him to be more should probably think really hard about what they're asking for.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    That's out already? How was it? The first game at least has the "good" version of the League to balance out the idiocy, but the trailer did nothing to make me want to watch it.

I'm not surprised they didn't change Dick's death. And I'm not bothered by it. It was a dumb death to serve a dumb video game story, and ultimately was of such little importance the game didn't actually explain what happened, only that Damian had killed him. Nightwing is nothing more than a footnote in Injustice and anyone who wants him to be more should probably think really hard about what they're asking for.
    It’s me so you’re not getting an unbiased opinion here but I spilled some details over on the Superman forum. It’s out on pirate sites which means it’s on YT which is how I saw it. Short version is that Injustice fanboys are mad because it’s not very good, the writer of it is the same guy who did Hush

It’s a very condensed version of the I1 and I2 comics and the I1 game. Only relevant part to this thread is
    spoilers:
    Dick becomes Deadman and helps Damian beat Ra’s. He tells Damian to stop killing and Damian obliges.
    end of spoilers