Page 201 of 270 FirstFirst ... 101151191197198199200201202203204205211251 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,015 of 4044

Yeah I was going to make a remark that Didio must be laughing somewhere. Dick dies like a moron in two media projects. Let’s hope Gotham Knights doesn’t make it three.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Yeah I was going to make a remark that Didio must be laughing somewhere. Dick dies like a moron in two media projects. Let’s hope Gotham Knights doesn’t make it three.
    I doubt it, if only because he's one of the playable characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    He can always die when you finish the game

And he's the main character of Titans but that didn't stop the absolute fuckery that was the newest episode lol

(though, I guess they practically telegraphed that he'd be back when Rachel found the Lazarus Pit)

I just...I can't with Titans. This season's already been REALLY bad (at least whenever it focuses on the bat stuff) but this latest episode might be the worst of the entire series. And that's saying something when you take into account the season 2 finale. One of my biggest pet peeves in fiction is when the plot is 100% dependent on the characters suddenly becoming as dumb as humanly possible and making literally ALL the wrong choices. (It's one of the reasons I hate Civil War II so much)

And MAN they have been going out of their way to make Dick the biggest moron on the planet for the past two episodes. To the point where I'm not even surprised that he ended up turning his back on a drugged out Red Hood fanatic with a gun. Boy points a gun at you and says to leave Jason alone, so your response is to turn around and keep doing what you're doing?! **** out of here with this writing.

What the hell happened to this show? Season 2 was so damn good until the end!

(Also why the hell is Dick's costume more bulletproof than the Tamaranean battle armor?)
    Last edited by Blue22; 10-10-2021 at 05:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    And he's the main character of Titans but that didn't stop the absolute fuckery that was the newest episode lol

(though, I guess they practically telegraphed that he'd be back when Rachel found the Lazarus Pit)

I just...I can't with Titans. This season's already been REALLY bad (at least whenever it focuses on the bat stuff) but this latest episode might be the worst of the entire season. And that's saying something when you take into account the season 2 finale. One of my biggest pet peeves in fiction is when the plot is 100% dependent on the characters suddenly becoming as dumb as humanly possible and making literally ALL the wrong choices. (It's one of the reasons I hate Civil War II so much)

And MAN they have been going out of their way to make Dick the biggest moron on the planet for the past two episodes. To the point where I'm not even surprised that he ended up turning his back on a drugged out Red Hood fanatic with a gun. Boy points a gun at you and says to leave Jason alone, so your response is to turn around and keep doing what you're doing?! **** out of here with this writing.

What the hell happened to this show? Season 2 was so damn good until the end!

(Also why the hell is Dick's costume more bulletproof than the Tamaranean battle armor?)
    Civil War II was a travesty of a comic with amazing art.

Civil War II was a travesty of a comic with amazing art.
    Yeah. There are a lot of books whose only saving grace is the art

[Stares judgingly at the Ric Saga and Bendis' Legion]

In Gotham Knights, Dick is the only adopted son of Bruce Wayne (Jason might be still considered dead) and he is seen patrolling Gotham as is stated in this Newspaper that a Black and Blue Vigilante is stopping some crimes in the city now.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GothamKnigh...the_newspaper/
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    In Gotham Knights, Dick is the only adopted son of Bruce Wayne (Jason might be still considered dead) and he is seen patrolling Gotham as is stated in this Newspaper that a Black and Blue Vigilante is stopping some crimes in the city now.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GothamKnigh...the_newspaper/
    This makes me wonder if Tim is just a ward or if his parents are still alive.

They also mention Jacob Kane, and it sounds like they've merged him and Philip, so...Batwoman?

I'm hoping at least his dad is still alive. Killing Jack off will never not be one of the biggest mistakes that DC has made. Let heroes have parents who are just normal people, damn it.

It feels like the only surefire way to avoid being an orphan in these books is to have parents who are also superheroes/villains.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I'm hoping at least his dad is still alive. Killing Jack off will never not be one of the biggest mistakes that DC has made. Let heroes have parents who are just normal people, damn it.

It feels like the only surefire way to avoid being an orphan in these books is to have parents who are also superheroes/villains.
    I like the Bruce and Tim stuff we got out of it, but it was just one long trauma conga line for Tim back then.

Extraordinary Member

what are we two weeks away from February solicits?

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    what are we two weeks away from February solicits?
    I think January’s are this week?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

I think January’s are this week?
    dont we have most of january?

At this point I don't think it's much of a spoiler, but at least the Injustice movie adapted the Deadman thing. A small victory in what's overall a big L, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    dont we have most of january?
    Only because of the Holidays, this month will still be for January.

DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.