Page 21 of 270 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171121 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/tv/dc...9742#gs.rcy9ce

TNT'S previously announced 'Titans' may be getting a new name according to a report from SeasonZero.com. The show, which will feature a team of young adult heroes led by Nightwing (Dick Grayson), will now be titled 'Blackbirds.' Apart from Nightwing, the other previously reported characters are Barbara Gordon (who will not operate under the 'Oracle' codename), Raven/ Rachel Roth, Starfire/Koriand'r, and Hank Hall and Dawn Granger as Hawk and Dove respectively. 'Blackbirds' may refer to the many bird themed/ named characters in the show and may also serve as an indication that another of the version of Batman's sidekick Robin may feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    May as well just call it Nightwing with his supporting castThe Titans.
    I would be perfectly fine with that.

Hell I'd subscribe to HBOMax to support it.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post

TNT'S previously announced 'Titans' may be getting a new name according to a report from SeasonZero.com. The show, which will feature a team of young adult heroes led by Nightwing (Dick Grayson), will now be titled 'Blackbirds.' Apart from Nightwing, the other previously reported characters are Barbara Gordon (who will not operate under the 'Oracle' codename), Raven/ Rachel Roth, Starfire/Koriand'r, and Hank Hall and Dawn Granger as Hawk and Dove respectively. 'Blackbirds' may refer to the many bird themed/ named characters in the show and may also serve as an indication that another of the version of Batman's sidekick Robin may feature.
    Why not just make a Birds of Prey show instead of this weird mash up they are doing?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Why not just make a Birds of Prey show instead of this weird mash up they are doing?
    Because apparently a film was in the pipeline at the time and we saw how it went

Im glad this didnt happen.

I hope Lady Vic will just be a tease and only appear in Season 4. Being a one-off would suck. It's going to be interesting how they'll adapt her costume.

I remember reading that. I still don't like it and am glad we got what we got even if it has its problems. At this point, a Nightwing show would make sense. Or rather a Batfam show even if I would obviously prefer a Nightwing show. Let the Titans be about Titans.

Because apparently a film was in the pipeline at the time and we saw how it went
    And the not-picked-up Green Arrow and the Canaries show would've basically done a BOP set up too - an archer (Green Arrow instead of Huntress), two Black Canaries, and GA's half-brother as the team's version of Oracle.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    Thank you. The other?
    Super Sons. I'd normally joke about it being the time he died, but I'm feeling merciful in my old age.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Nightwing Joker by McFarlane Toys
    EsrbUR-W4AAQKTG.jpg
    I'm guessing it's based on the Death of Family cover

Extraordinary Member

Finally finished the lost carnival
    It was so sweet. I want another story of his

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post

The chemistry between Dick Grayson's Batman and Damian Wayne's Robin was perfect. Miss that tandem. I LOVE Batman and Robin #1-16 by Grant Morrison.
    It was a good book indeed. I like how Grant Morrison built up their relationship in that book. Their relationship grew since then. It's also nice to see other writers acknowledging it from that point on.

Nicola Scott Nightwing A$$preciation.
    Sorry I missed this when it went up for auction/sale.
    https://twitter.com/NicolaScottArt/s...06795763036162
    https://www.cbr.com/nightwing-nicola...grayson-image/
    "So much action, so much intrigue, so much raw caboose!"
    Last edited by Thirteen; 01-31-2021 at 01:58 PM.

My Nightwing omnibus (by Kyle Higgins) just came in today through mail! Does anyone know whether there's going to be more Nightwing omnibus coming in the future?

Finally finished the lost carnival
    It was so sweet. I want another story of his
    I do too. It was refreshing to read a Dick Grayson story without Bruce, especially an origin story, and I would love to see how his journey continues. Especially if it continues to be magical. Maybe Willow and he could meet Zatanna.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    My Nightwing omnibus (by Kyle Higgins) just came in today through mail! Does anyone know whether there's going to be more Nightwing omnibus coming in the future?
    Considering the Higgins Omnibus took so long, I would say no, but it probably depends on whether Higgins does as well as the Grayson Omnibus, and even then it's unlikely because Seeley's NW has been collected in three Deluxe Editions. That's really the only other run in the last years that warrants an Omnibus, imo.

So, inspired by another topic, i made what i think is a cool rogues gallery for Dick, mostly made with villains connected with him, but without deep ties with other franchises.

Saiko was a one-off villain that had connections with Dick by being his childhood friend from the Harley Circus. Is he cool like his name suggest he is? No! But he is here for ocasional fights scenes and to help others villains in some schemes.

I know some people around here don't like him, but Blockbuster is part of the Nightwing mithos alongside Bludhaven. And he can work as a mastermind, kingpin or brute type of villain.

Shrike is back with the Suicide Squad. It's fair to bring him to fight his original nemesis. And if he is doing good in the other books, it helps to boost up Dick fighting prowess.

I know Mr. Minos died. It's something that Seeley keep doing to his villains. But he could had transferred his conscience to another body or whatever. They don't show his face, so who cares? And he is also a character from Dick's time as Agent 37, and a good way to remined thoses times.

Lady Vic has been around the DC universe for quite some time, looks like she'll be fighting Damian in his upcoming book. If she is around, why not fight Nightwing sometimes?

So Deathwing is here more for the name than anything. Seeley version was a Dollotron, but Taylor could rework him to be another person or something. I thought of Tad, but he is lame asf.

Let's face it, Cobb is more of a Nightwing villain now than Batman's. So he has to be here.

Judge was another One-off villain created by Sam Humphries that i thought it could be cool to come back. He is more linked to the spiritual side of things, something that the other ones don't have.

Once again another villain that Seeley killed. But he is too cool to be dead forever. And he has ties to the Court of Owls, they could bring him back.

James Jr was "created" by Scott Snyder to act like a Joker for Dick, imo. But because of him being of the Gordon family, he became more of a Batgirl villain. Well, she is part of the Nightwing book now. So why not bring him together?

Remember the end of "The Bleeding Edge" arc? Me neither cause it didn't happen! It was cut short cause of the Ric Grayson mess. The concept was cool and it's worth to be explored again, except with less Dick hating tecnology for whatever reason.

And then Flamingo. I was looking for a villain for his Bat Era that wasn't completely absorbed by Bruce, so i choose him to represent the DickBat years. Not the most well developed of the bunch, but this could change right? And he kick ass.

What you guys think?
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.