Page 22 of 270 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272122 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    I do too. It was refreshing to read a Dick Grayson story without Bruce, especially an origin story, and I would love to see how his journey continues. Especially if it continues to be magical. Maybe Willow and he could meet Zatanna.

Considering the Higgins Omnibus took so long, I would say no, but it probably depends on whether Higgins does as well as the Grayson Omnibus, and even then it's unlikely because Seeley's NW has been collected in three Deluxe Editions. That's really the only other run in the last years that warrants an Omnibus, imo.
    Zatana is the same age as Bruce, only in YJ was she retconned to be apart of the younger team

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    So, inspired by another topic, i made what i think is a cool rogues gallery for Dick, mostly made with villains connected with him, but without deep ties with other franchises.

Saiko was a one-off villain that had connections with Dick by being his childhood friend from the Harley Circus. Is he cool like his name suggest he is? No! But he is here for ocasional fights scenes and to help others villains in some schemes.

I know some people around here don't like him, but Blockbuster is part of the Nightwing mithos alongside Bludhaven. And he can work as a mastermind, kingpin or brute type of villain.

Shrike is back with the Suicide Squad. It's fair to bring him to fight his original nemesis. And if he is doing good in the other books, it helps to boost up Dick fighting prowess.

I know Mr. Minos died. It's something that Seeley keep doing to his villains. But he could had transferred his conscience to another body or whatever. They don't show his face, so who cares? And he is also a character from Dick's time as Agent 37, and a good way to remined thoses times.

Lady Vic has been around the DC universe for quite some time, looks like she'll be fighting Damian in his upcoming book. If she is around, why not fight Nightwing sometimes?

So Deathwing is here more for the name than anything. Seeley version was a Dollotron, but Taylor could rework him to be another person or something. I thought of Tad, but he is lame asf.

Let's face it, Cobb is more of a Nightwing villain now than Batman's. So he has to be here.

Judge was another One-off villain created by Sam Humphries that i thought it could be cool to come back. He is more linked to the spiritual side of things, something that the other ones don't have.

Once again another villain that Seeley killed. But he is too cool to be dead forever. And he has ties to the Court of Owls, they could bring him back.

James Jr was "created" by Scott Snyder to act like a Joker for Dick, imo. But because of him being of the Gordon family, he became more of a Batgirl villain. Well, she is part of the Nightwing book now. So why not bring him together?

Remember the end of "The Bleeding Edge" arc? Me neither cause it didn't happen! It was cut short cause of the Ric Grayson mess. The concept was cool and it's worth to be explored again, except with less Dick hating tecnology for whatever reason.

And then Flamingo. I was looking for a villain for his Bat Era that wasn't completely absorbed by Bruce, so i choose him to represent the DickBat years. Not the most well developed of the bunch, but this could change right? And he kick ass.

What you guys think?
    Lady Vic will be in the upcoming season of Titans

So, inspired by another topic, i made what i think is a cool rogues gallery for Dick, mostly made with villains connected with him, but without deep ties with other franchises.

Saiko was a one-off villain that had connections with Dick by being his childhood friend from the Harley Circus. Is he cool like his name suggest he is? No! But he is here for ocasional fights scenes and to help others villains in some schemes.

I know some people around here don't like him, but Blockbuster is part of the Nightwing mithos alongside Bludhaven. And he can work as a mastermind, kingpin or brute type of villain.

Shrike is back with the Suicide Squad. It's fair to bring him to fight his original nemesis. And if he is doing good in the other books, it helps to boost up Dick fighting prowess.

I know Mr. Minos died. It's something that Seeley keep doing to his villains. But he could had transferred his conscience to another body or whatever. They don't show his face, so who cares? And he is also a character from Dick's time as Agent 37, and a good way to remined thoses times.

Lady Vic has been around the DC universe for quite some time, looks like she'll be fighting Damian in his upcoming book. If she is around, why not fight Nightwing sometimes?

So Deathwing is here more for the name than anything. Seeley version was a Dollotron, but Taylor could rework him to be another person or something. I thought of Tad, but he is lame asf.

Let's face it, Cobb is more of a Nightwing villain now than Batman's. So he has to be here.

Judge was another One-off villain created by Sam Humphries that i thought it could be cool to come back. He is more linked to the spiritual side of things, something that the other ones don't have.

Once again another villain that Seeley killed. But he is too cool to be dead forever. And he has ties to the Court of Owls, they could bring him back.

James Jr was "created" by Scott Snyder to act like a Joker for Dick, imo. But because of him being of the Gordon family, he became more of a Batgirl villain. Well, she is part of the Nightwing book now. So why not bring him together?

Remember the end of "The Bleeding Edge" arc? Me neither cause it didn't happen! It was cut short cause of the Ric Grayson mess. The concept was cool and it's worth to be explored again, except with less Dick hating tecnology for whatever reason.

And then Flamingo. I was looking for a villain for his Bat Era that wasn't completely absorbed by Bruce, so i choose him to represent the DickBat years. Not the most well developed of the bunch, but this could change right? And he kick ass.

What you guys think?
    I guess Torque was too much to throw in there?

I didn't really understand why Seeley in the second half of his run started killing villains. Both Midas and Raptor were cool and, in my opinion, better than Blockbuster or many others on that list. But now if someone wants to use them they'll first have to create some stupid reason for why they actually weren't killed when they totally were.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess Torque was too much to throw in there?
    Nah, I'm on the side of the fans that still enjoy Dixon's run, but Torque and Nite-Wing are too much even for me.

I also thought of Tarantula, but it would be a slippery slope choice with all the baggage she has with him.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I didn't really understand why Seeley in the second half of his run started killing villains. Both Midas and Raptor were cool and, in my opinion, better than Blockbuster or many others on that list. But now if someone wants to use them they'll first have to create some stupid reason for why they actually weren't killed when they totally were.
    I guess it might be for the same reason he ended the Huntress relationship as quickly as he started it.

What you guys think?
    It's a good list. I would love to see quite a few of them become mainstays. Also Tiger Shark, Bruce kinda absorbed him but not really. Maybe he has a chance?

Mr. Minos could be brought back fairly easily. He's basically an AI. Maybe Wyrm finds his back-up on the "Dark Net", lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Zatana is the same age as Bruce, only in YJ was she retconned to be apart of the younger team
    Yeah, I know. She could be a mentor. Willow and Dick could learn to know her through showbiz. Not that Lost Carnival takes place in any universe that has been established beyond what is written inside it, so known characters could appear in any way the creator wants them to.
    Last edited by Avi; 02-01-2021 at 01:14 PM.

I'd include Roxy Rocket and Double Dare, because this guy needs some more femme fatales in his rogues gallery.

And the Bomb Squad (Electrocutioner and Plastique).

And William Cobb (unless you're counting him as Talon).

And Deathstroke.

And HIVE (for the super spy fun).

And a host of others, honestly. Made a whole list when me and Dropkick wrote that pitch/bible.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I'd include Roxy Rocket and Double Dare, because this guy needs some more femme fatales in his rogues gallery.

And the Bomb Squad (Electrocutioner and Plastique).

And William Cobb (unless you're counting him as Talon).

And Deathstroke.

And HIVE (for the super spy fun).

And a host of others, honestly. Made a whole list when me and Dropkick wrote that pitch/bible.
    Yes, i choose Cobb as Talon, like i said in the post.
    I didn't pick Deathstroke cause i wanted to focus more on the Nightwing brand, and Deathstroke should be considered a Titans Villain first and foremost, imo.

Not that he couldn't pop up in the book now and then.

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess it might be for the same reason he ended the Huntress relationship as quickly as he started it.
    Yeah, it's very sad - you get the sense from a couple of Seeley comments in the last couple of years on Twitter that he regards his Nightwing run as "compromised", and that he was a bit stung by some of the reception and how it turned out. So there are some very abrupt shifts and closing-offs there. I still remember just before Nightwing Rebirth was announced, he said that if it was up to him then him, King and Janin would have just stayed on Grayson for another couple of years....

That first Raptor arc is still excellent though. And I'd probably buy an omnibus if they put one out - with Nightwing Vs Hush as a capstone.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

What you guys think?
    Cool. Do another one for his supporting cast?

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    Considering the Higgins Omnibus took so long, I would say no, but it probably depends on whether Higgins does as well as the Grayson Omnibus, and even then it's unlikely because Seeley's NW has been collected in three Deluxe Editions. That's really the only other run in the last years that warrants an Omnibus, imo.
    Ah ok. I'll just collect the three Delux Editions then. Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Cool. Do another one for his supporting cast?
    Supporting cast i think is something he need to build from the ground up, since most characters serve a specific purpose that wouldn't translate well to the new run. But since we know Mayor Zucco is something that Taylor is doing, bringing back Sonya would be great.

Also, one little charater that i always tought it could be a new Sidekick for Dick is Jen, from Nightwing issue #28 and #29 by Higgins. She had her parents killed by Zsasz and she knows his secret identity. After he saved her, Dick gave his mother bracelet to her.

Jen would be his flamebird or something. Especially now with Babs on the book, she could be trained by them both.

Looks like our boy will make an appearance on Damian's book.

Also:

Quote Originally Posted by Gleb Melnikov
    not a flashback, but not a reunion also (at least for now)
    https://twitter.com/GlebMelnikov8/st...05869924274182
    Last edited by Drako; 02-01-2021 at 07:45 PM.

Yes, i choose Cobb as Talon, like i said in the post.
    Ah, I didn't catch that. Been a long day, sorry.

And I feel you on Slade; I feel like he shouldn't really be considered part of any one character's rogues gallery, but can and should pop up all over the place. If Slade belongs to any rogues gallery it's the Titans but I think he works just as well when going up against Dick solo, or Green Arrow, or Bruce, or whoever. But Dick and Slade definitely have a weird dynamic that's worth exploring instead of ignoring.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.