Page 223 of 270 FirstFirst ... 123173213219220221222223224225226227233 ... LastLast
Results 3,331 to 3,345 of 4044

Quote Originally Posted by MakeNightwingGreatAgain View Post
    It's because they want to get rid of Snyder-Batman. Matt Reeves has dibs currently on Dick Grayson. The Batman with Pattinson was supposed to be Batfleck but was changed. It's now its own thing and because of that, DCEU has no choice but to use Batman Beyond universe because it would be the only universe that isn't taken. Dick in batman beyond is technically an adult, but he is only mentioned, never really seen. Batgirl should be a grown adult too. But Batgirl is aged down for obvious reasons. It's likely that we don't see Dick Grayson in DCEU unless either DCEU is able to use the character concurrently with Reeves or Reeves ends up not using him at all. Because another problem is the Titans' live action, which uses Dick Grayson as well in a leading role. Its gonna be a huge mess.

The only other thing is that Nigthwing is it's own universe for now. If flashpoint works the same than some of the things that happened in some of the universes will be cannon to the main but overall they most likely be kept the multiverse

Do you guys think that flashpoint will causes all these new multiverses to be true or if things go well each will still be in it's own universe?
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 10-29-2021 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    One good thing to come out of the New 52 at least.
    Meh, they could have fixed it with Infinite Crisis or Zero Hour. They chose not to.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Wait
    Seriously
    That's why
    Just say she's in a boarding school in Chicago
    Wouldn't have fit with Year One. Why would Gordon send Barbara away and not mention her at all in YO when he spent of it agonizing over raising a wife and child in Gotham?

If I had to fix it, I would have just said that Gordon thought Babs died in Chicago and that prompted him to move to Gotham. He later learns that she is alive and brings her with him to Gotham.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Meh, they could have fixed it with Infinite Crisis or Zero Hour. They chose not to.
    Still have to give some credit to the New 52 then .

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MakeNightwingGreatAgain View Post
    It's because they want to get rid of Snyder-Batman. Matt Reeves has dibs currently on Dick Grayson. The Batman with Pattinson was supposed to be Batfleck but was changed. It's now its own thing and because of that, DCEU has no choice but to use Batman Beyond universe because it would be the only universe that isn't taken. Dick in batman beyond is technically an adult, but he is only mentioned, never really seen. Batgirl should be a grown adult too. But Batgirl is aged down for obvious reasons. It's likely that we don't see Dick Grayson in DCEU unless either DCEU is able to use the character concurrently with Reeves or Reeves ends up not using him at all. Because another problem is the Titans' live action, which uses Dick Grayson as well in a leading role. Its gonna be a huge mess.
    Wait if it's Matt Reeves he's gonna be young. So who said they're making Red Hood connecting to Nightwing?

Still have to give some credit to the New 52 then .
    Oh they're already made her the daughter in Robin Batgirl Year One, and if that doesn't count, Black Mirror
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 10-29-2021 at 04:13 PM.

Oh they're already made her the daughter in Robin Batgirl Year One, and if that doesn't count, Black Mirror
    I think they mentioned the niece thing in Black Mirror when Babs was explaining her exact relationship to James Jr.

Of course we can't forget the tidbit that Babs might be Jim's biological daughter from an affair with his brothers' wife.

Astonishing Member

I'm pretty sure Barbara wasn't Jim's biological daughter in Black Mirror.

In Black Mirror, we even see James Jr's mother in that comic, whose name is Barbara, but she isn't Barbara's mother.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Jim, Barbara, Jim Jr, and Barbara.

My, what an imaginative bunch comic book writers are. If Barbara has to have a brother at all, I never got what was wrong with his pre-Crisis name, Anthony

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    I'm pretty sure Barbara wasn't Jim's biological daughter in Black Mirror.

In Black Mirror, we even see James Jr's mother in that comic, whose name is Barbara, but she isn't Barbara's mother.
    Black Mirror does anyway not work with Year One and the other pre crisis origin stories, Jim Jr. is way to old in that story. Logically he could not older than Tim Drake if you keep these comics canon.

Yep. He would have to be a teen at least.

It sucks that they turned him into a villain, Barbara having a little bro is awesome and having him be a villain also taints one of Bruce's purest rescues. Such a needlessly cynical change.

If you really want Gordon to have a psychopathic son then bring back Tony Gordon as the lost oldest sibling. Just say he was born two years before Barbara.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Jim, Barbara, Jim Jr, and Barbara.

My, what an imaginative bunch comic book writers are. If Barbara has to have a brother at all, I never got what was wrong with his pre-Crisis name, Anthony
    I think in the Long Halloween movie Jim just called Babs "Babs" which is probably to differentiate her from her mom.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I think in the Long Halloween movie Jim just called Babs "Babs" which is probably to differentiate her from her mom.
    Wasn't her pre-Crisis name Thelma?

And I never really understood the trend of giving your kids your name in general. If I ever become a parent, that would never even occur to me.

Thelma Gordon was named as Barbara Gordon's mother and in Who's Who: The Definitive Directory of the DC Universe #2 (April, 1985). However, this is not mentioned in canon, Post Crisis, once Barbara became Gordon's niece, her biological parents were identified as Roger Gordon and Thelma Gordon. In Gotham Knights, Devin Grayson tried to imply that Gordon had an affair with Thelma and Jim might indeed be her biological father but it was left ambiguous and nobody really picked up on it.

The first time a Mrs Gordon appeared was in 1951's 'World's Finest' #53 but the character didn't have a name.

Then in 1981's Batman #500 'To Kill A Legend', Alan Brennert created 'Barbara Kean Gordon'. This was picked up by writers like Barbara Randall Kessel and Frank Miller who used her as Gordon's wife and Barbara Gordon's adoptive mother. Then after Nu52, she became Babs biological mother as she was always meant to be.

Source:

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/alan...barbara-keane/

https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2019/0...irls-come-from

https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Thelma_Gordon_(New_Earth)

https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Thelma_Gordon_(Earth-One)

And I never really understood the trend of giving your kids your name in general. If I ever become a parent, that would never even occur to me.
    I don't mind it. It creates a sense of legacy and continuity.

Barbara Eileen Kean --> Barbara Gordon

Jim Gordon -- > Jim Gordon Jr

Dinah Drake Lance --> Dinah Laurel Lance

Shayera Thal -- > Shayera Thal

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Oh I thought Barbara Eileen and Barbara Kean are different

Quote Originally Posted by Zorkel567 View Post
    Yeah, I'd say Tim is either 18 or 19 now.

In Urban Legends #4, the first part of "Sum of Our Parts," Oracle makes a comment about Ivy Town University not working out for Tim, but he'll find his path.

So unless they're trying to go with a genius/graduated early take, it seems Tim should be old enough to go to college, but made the decision not to do so right now.
    He was supposed to go to Ivy Town at the end of Tynion's Detective Comics, but he detoured and reunited Young Justice instead. As published, he was meant to be 16 at the time, so it's the genius route. However, the Robin anniversary special last year retconned Tim as being "not 20 yet" in a story set just before that Tec run. That would imply he was 18 even before Death Metal.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I think if he was 18, they would have mentioned that by now, to me it looks like he is still supposed to be 16 or 17.

And pre-flashpoint seems to be only partly back in the continuity. It is of course hard to bring examples for Tim since he doesn't really has book at the moment, but look at Nightwing for example. In his current series they make references to stuff that happened back in his pre flashpoint series, but it is also pretty clear that not everything from this run is back in continuity since for example Blüdheaven is not a nuclear wasteland, the apartment building Dick is still now living in again does still exist and blockbuster is still alive.
    True, but keeping nuked Bludhaven would contradict Nightwing's Rebirth run. So exceptions like that had to happen.

All of them? Which parts have they mentioned in any books after Death Metal? Like for example what about Stephanie's role?
    Bernard, for one thing. He doesn't even exist in New 52.

You know what, Tim is at least 18, not because his whole story is back in continuity, but because he got that sexy Robins workout variant cover, which they wouldn't approve if he's still a minor, just like how Damian is left out.
    We haven't seen the variants for issues 5 and 6 of Robins yet. Issues 1-4 are the other Robins in order, so Damian's should be issue 5's. He just won't be sexualised, maybe he'll have a tracksuit on or something.

My brother's middle name is my Dad's first name. It works that way (apparently came in handy as only one set of nametags, with first initial and surname, was needed for clothes when we were at school). But I agree, same name is quite dumb. What about when you get mail? I sometimes get post with my surname and first initial - that initial being the same as my brother's - if only they used either the full first name or our middle initials (which are different), I wouldn't accidentally open his stuff!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

Nightwing sold really well this month and is ranked in place #26 on icv2 best-selling list -
    https://icv2.com/articles/markets/vi...s-october-2021

It's possible a lot of Babs fans bought this issue for the Batgirl content. Anyway, haters that called to boycott Nightwing don't really influence sales.
    It seems like other Gotham books like UL, Catwoman or Harley didn't make it to the top 50 list even though they are tie-ins. I am Batman barely made it to the list by issue #2, and is ranked in place 50.