Page 226 of 270 FirstFirst ... 126176216222223224225226227228229230236 ... LastLast
Results 3,376 to 3,390 of 4044
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    this is the retcon period where nightwing didn't hate and ignore jason?
    From all the Robins, Dick is undoubtedly the one who best accepted his successor (and overall being replaced as Robin) although he's the one who actually created Robin.
    Jason and Tim at least knew it became a mantle and could assume that one day they would be replaced.

But overall it seems that some insecurity or jealousy was definitely there at the beginning of their relationship so far (Dick's towards Jason as he was adopted, Jason who felt he couldn't measure up).

Incredible Member

Just noticed this -

cian tormey.jpg

Is Cian Tormey doing anything else on Nightwing but the annual?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
    From all the Robins, Dick is undoubtedly the one who best accepted his successor (and overall being replaced as Robin) although he's the one who actually created Robin.
    Jason and Tim at least knew it became a mantle and could assume that one day they would be replaced.

But overall it seems that some insecurity or jealousy was definitely there at the beginning of their relationship so far (Dick's towards Jason as he was adopted, Jason who felt he couldn't measure up).
    Dick is also the only one who was allready an adult and had moved on from the role when he got "replaced".

Appart from that Jason and Dick barely interacted. In pre and post crisis he also appeared once in the in the Batman comics to give Jason his ok as Robin. And the two times Jason teamed up with the Titans Dick was not with the team for most of the story.
    They doing anything together beyond this is a retcon.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Dick is also the only one who was allready an adult and had moved on from the role when he got "replaced".

Appart from that Jason and Dick barely interacted. In pre and post crisis he also appeared once in the in the Batman comics to give Jason his ok as Robin. And the two times Jason teamed up with the Titans Dick was not with the team for most of the story.
    They doing anything together beyond this is a retcon.
    In main continuity now Dick was fired from being Robin, as we see in Nightwing 79, and we know the Robin mantle was later given to Jason (who was younger and less experienced), so even if he moved on to be Nightwing, he was still nonetheless replaced.

I also don't have a problem with stories about Dick and Jason as Nightwing and Robin. Even if there weren't previous stories about them interacting it really doesn't mean they never interacted during this time, unless it was explicitly stated.

Extraordinary Member

In main continuity now Dick was fired from being Robin, as we see in Nightwing 79, and we know the Robin mantle was later given to Jason (who was younger and less experienced), so even if he moved on to be Nightwing, he was still nonetheless replaced.
    Not in the original Pre Crisis version.

The original Post crisis version is a little bit tricky, since it was a retroactive change that was never really addressed in Teen Titans (Dicks main book at the time).

In the Version of Nightwing Year One, Dick was fired, but he had allready become Nightwing at the time Jason became Robin.

And everyting published post Flashpoint is anway pretty wanky continuity wise.

I also don't have a problem with stories about Dick and Jason as Nightwing and Robin. Even if there weren't previous stories about them interacting it really doesn't mean they never interacted during this time, unless it was explicitly stated.
    But at least Dick showing up in Gotham was not a regular thing at the time, since he and Bruce were on pretty bad terms.
    And if you compare it with Tim, he got way more team ups with Dick early in his career.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    That isn't the meaning of boycotting.

That said, although I see that many unfairly criticize and complain that Tom Taylor promotes his book with Batgirl, I haven't seen much harassment to him.
    I've seen some disrespect and name calling on Taylors twitter feed and they are also harassing fans. Posts [signal boosted] declaring anyone whose tumbr/blogs feature pictures/art of Babs as batgirl are bad people who support ableism and disability erasure.

That's bullying/intimidation. Fans should be able to enjoy what they like on their own personal blogs. These people are weaponizing ism's for their own selfish reasons. Tom Taylor didn't make the call to have Babs as batgirl. He is simply writing a book.

Babs as Bat girl isn't disability erasure or DC and fans hating disabled people.

Heck they are even complaining about Babs in the Batgirls back up and series. They just want Bab's out because they want their favourite as the main Batgirl period.

In August Robin was close to Nightwing on comichorn, but it was also the issue with all the previous Robins.

Anyway, the lists are a bit different- I don't think Robin was on icv2 best selling list for a while now.

The list does include the 4th week of the month- both Task force z and DC vs vampires are there.
    Not just the issue with the Robins. All issues of Robin have been close to Nightwing on the charts [usually the next Dc title following Nightwing on those charts. Robin has never shown up on the icv best selling list which is strange.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    That's good but I want him to have a black label. It seems that's not going to happen.
    I want that Snyder Dick Grayson black Label we were promised. I know Snyder still has some upcoming DC project. Finger crossed.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Not just the issue with the Robins. All issues of Robin have been close to Nightwing on the charts [usually the next Dc title following Nightwing on those charts. Robin has never shown up on the icv best selling list which is strange.
    Well, based on Comichorn in June Nightwing was in place 36 and Robin was in place 50, and in July Nightwing was in place 28 and Robin was in place 50, so there was a difference between their sales ranking.

But it's noteworthy that the ICV2 list is based on a sample of 100 shops, that aren't a real random sample of comics shops.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    It isn't so strange. Nightwing has a tie-in for Fear State, so it's pretty common that the sales are higher.

What is the age gap between Dick & Jason? 6, 4 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    That isn't the meaning of boycotting.

That said, although I see that many unfairly criticize and complain that Tom Taylor promotes his book with Batgirl, I haven't seen much harassment to him.
    Ehh not sure what you mean here, but Taylor is definately hyping up batgirl and side characters more than Nightwing himself.

At the end of the day, in the same way the complains against Tom Taylor are valid, the support for him is valid. Taylor isn’t the first writer to go through this so the big hoopla about it on his end on social media is really just stirring the pot just to stir it. Sometimes I do wish writers would just do their work, promo and use a private account to voice their opinion on fandoms.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    What is the age gap between Dick & Jason? 6, 4 years?
    Pre and Post Crisis it's approximately 7 years
    New 52 it's approximately 3 years
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 11-05-2021 at 06:06 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MakeNightwingGreatAgain View Post
    Ehh not sure what you mean here, but Taylor is definately hyping up batgirl and side characters more than Nightwing himself.
    I wanted to say that I've seen a lot of unfair criticism towards Taylor in Twitter (it should be pretty normal that he promotes the new Batgirl suit), but I haven't seen so much harassment towards him.

English isn't my main language, so maybe I wasn't clear.