Page 228 of 270 FirstFirst ... 128178218224225226227228229230231232238 ... LastLast
Results 3,406 to 3,420 of 4044

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    Robins 2 was more fun than Robins 1 - but if I was picking it up for any of the other characters, I might feel shortchanged. Dick so far is coming off much better than the others.
    Makes sense considering who's writing it.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    The funny thing is, Croc had to do with the circus... but regarding pre-crisis Jason's parents. He was blackmailing their circus, and killed them when they tried to stop him by following his criminal moves (croc was just a man with some condition back then).

I find it kind of ironic, to be honest.
    I forget Jason was basically a Dick mimic when he was first introduced.

Incredible Member

Between Robin and Batman and Robins #2, I am really enjoying modern takes on Dick`s time as Robin. Wish we had more.

Quote Originally Posted by Iclifton View Post
    Between Robin and Batman and Robins #2, I am really enjoying modern takes on Dick`s time as Robin. Wish we had more.
    How’s Robins? Seeley has disappointed me with his Superman vs. Lobo book and the artist for Robins didn’t look appealing to me at all.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    How’s Robins? Seeley has disappointed me with his Superman vs. Lobo book and the artist for Robins didn’t look appealing to me at all.
    Decent-good, worth reading if your a Nightwing fan. Art isn’t great, but it has some cool moments

Quote Originally Posted by Iclifton View Post
    Decent-good, worth reading if your a Nightwing fan. Art isn’t great, but it has some cool moments
    Why would they put such a lousy artist on a book like that? Decisions DC makes truly boggles the mind at times.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Why would they put such a lousy artist on a book like that? Decisions DC makes truly boggles the mind at times.
    It goes to dcuniverse first

Wouldn't that be an additional reason to have a good artist? I thought the idea was to get people to subscribe to DCUniverse.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Wouldn't that be an additional reason to have a good artist? I thought the idea was to get people to subscribe to DCUniverse.
    If you subscribe to DC universe its for the access to the catalogues, not new books

This might be confusing, but they probably don’t think they are a lousy artist. It’s stylized. DC have far worse artists on books.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    This might be confusing, but they probably don’t think they are a lousy artist. It’s stylized. DC have far worse artists on books.
    Yeah, I don't hate the art.

It's also worth remembering this was a Round Robin winner - and an A List artist wouldn't have been able to carve out six issues worth of availability that might have come to nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I forget Jason was basically a Dick mimic when he was first introduced.
    It’s funny because they always wanted Dick to stay as Robin but Wolfman taking over the character stumped editorial lmaooo it’s hilarious to see how Jason was literally Dick 2.0 at one point. It goes to show how little they actually care about any of the robins when they all not only look the same but but Dick and Tim got their major characterizations stolen by Damien and Jason lol. The only saving grace is that Tim gets recognized as Robin more in animated stuff and the games! Dick kinda floats around in limbo most times.

QUESTION: what direction do you think Taylor’s run is going in? For me I find it odd because the way it’s written it’s like Dick is gonna end the run by not being Nightwing anymore. I’m confused at how this run will lead into future state content haha. Becuse Dick in future state is like a completely 180 from Dick in the solo. Like do you see this leading to a huge character defining moment for Dick? Like do you really think this run will have Dick alongside Wonder Woman, Superman and Batman as a true A-List?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MakeNightwingGreatAgain View Post
    Like do you really think this run will have Dick alongside Wonder Woman, Superman and Batman as a true A-List?
    It'd be nice to think so, but with Fear State taking over the book for three issues directly after the intro arc it's hard to get a feel yet - Taylor's made some comments about Going Big with Dick in the wider DCU, but nothing's come of them yet. But! I got wondering.

Both Taylor and Josh Williamson have talked about keeping in touch about their titles, in a way that suggests some eventual crossover. Which could just be a Supersons thing, crossover between Damian and Jon or something. But this Bleeding Cool article suggests that Williamson is building up to an Event in his "Robin" and "Deathstroke" titles, as well as wondering if the Red X plot in Teen Titans Academy might also be building to it.

(The article mentions that Williamson isn't writing TTA, of course - but it doesn't mention that he was originally meant to. He wrote the Titans issues of Justice League/Death Metal immediately prior to it - and mentioned on a podcast some time that he just didn't have the time to the Infinite Frontier series. Sheridan has mentioned that he was writing a 12 issue story, with a "big change" for Nightwing at the end, so it's possible he was brought in with a remit to run the title until the start of Shadow War and to leave the characters in place for it.)

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/ras-...he-shadow-war/

Even if the Titans aren't involved, an event involving Damian and Deathstroke is one that Dick wouldn't be out of place in - he has history with both characters, and Damian not being involved in Fear State means there wouldn't be the repeated beats.

A Taylor/Williamson collaboration involving Nightwing, Damian, Deathstroke (and Jon Kent? There's a crossover coming there, definitely) could end up getting a bit of attention and going well for Dick.

Thin grounds for speculation, maybe - but we'll see if anything comes of it!

I wonder in 100 issues Tom said there is going to be a Surprise. Wonder what that will be.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MakeNightwingGreatAgain View Post
    It’s funny because they always wanted Dick to stay as Robin but Wolfman taking over the character stumped editorial lmaooo it’s hilarious to see how Jason was literally Dick 2.0 at one point. It goes to show how little they actually care about any of the robins when they all not only look the same but but Dick and Tim got their major characterizations stolen by Damien and Jason lol. The only saving grace is that Tim gets recognized as Robin more in animated stuff and the games! Dick kinda floats around in limbo most times.

QUESTION: what direction do you think Taylor’s run is going in? For me I find it odd because the way it’s written it’s like Dick is gonna end the run by not being Nightwing anymore. I’m confused at how this run will lead into future state content haha. Becuse Dick in future state is like a completely 180 from Dick in the solo. Like do you see this leading to a huge character defining moment for Dick? Like do you really think this run will have Dick alongside Wonder Woman, Superman and Batman as a true A-List?
    The future state is no longer continuity, but some kind of elseworld story, so it's unlikely Nightwing will be heading there.
    I think we'll see the direction Nightwing is going only in 2-3 issues. We still need to wrap up the fear state tie-in.

So far TTA was kind of bad, but let's see what big change Sheridan prepared. Nightwing would also be in the Detective comics event, but I don't think we'll see something that would really change him there.