Page 232 of 270 FirstFirst ... 132182222228229230231232233234235236242 ... LastLast
Results 3,466 to 3,480 of 4044
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ameerha View Post
    Yeah, this event killed Nightwings hype.
    Can you prove it?

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Can you prove it?
    Yeah. I stopped buying it.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    Yeah. I stopped buying it.
    Well then it must be true.

Thanks Fear State, this run is doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Dick finally gets a line in Young Justice today.
    Props to his VA I know it was just a few lines but both his and Babs VA did a real good job, you can literally sense though his voice all the fear and despair Dick is trying to hide

Quote Originally Posted by Spideyvinnegar View Post
    Props to his VA I know it was just a few lines but both his and Babs VA did a real good job, you can literally sense though his voice all the fear and despair Dick is trying to hide
    Just kind of made it funnier in hindsight when he had no lines during the episode where they deal with Conner's "death" .

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    You know, thinking about it, if Barbara is remaining a consistent presence in the Nightwing title then....

[[spoiler for recent issue of The Joker]]

spoilers:
    ...now that it seems James Gordon Jr is back as a Talon, he's pretty well placed to be a mutual nemesis to both of them. They both have history with him - Barbara more than Dick, obviously, although Black Mirror looms large - and it gives the kind of "face" and personal connection to the Owls that's been lacking since Lincoln March for Bruce and William Cobb for Dick never really took off as individuals. Wonder if he'll turn up in the future - for better or worse, Tynion seems to have seen his role to be Johnny New-Character-Seed throwing out a load of stuff for other titles and writers to pick up on if wanted.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Do people care more about James Gordon Jr. than about Lincoln or Cobb? To me they are on the same level of uninteresting, I'd probable even pull Cobb ahead of those two a bit as far as relevancy goes.
    end of spoilers

Well Black Mirror was better then anything done with the other two and Dick. But he's fallen since then. No doubt.

Nightwing #89 solicit and covers. Sorry it’s small. Screenshot is from my phone.

2A45DF14-B256-474A-977B-BAB9F33864F5.jpg
    "It's not my Kate." - Greg Rucka

Quote Originally Posted by Twice-named View Post
    Nightwing #89 solicit and covers. Sorry it’s small. Screenshot is from my phone.

Where's this from?

Quote Originally Posted by JackJustMetMartin View Post
    Where's this from?
    DC Connect #19 on DC Universe Infinite
    "It's not my Kate." - Greg Rucka

Quote Originally Posted by Twice-named View Post

If Jon was still a kid this would have been a lot more interesting. Since Dick never interacted with kid Jon. You could play around with themes of Dick helping to mentor a young kid the way Superman did for him when he was a kid starting his hero journey, but that doesn't really work as well when Jon is nearly an adult now and already acting as Superman. They kind of missed their window to tell this story properly and I just have zero interest in Dick interacting with current Jon.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    spoilers:
    Do people care more about James Gordon Jr. than about Lincoln or Cobb? To me they are on the same level of uninteresting, I'd probable even pull Cobb ahead of those two a bit as far as relevancy goes.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Anecdotally, I'd say JGJr was more popular - but I can't back that up by science! Feels like he's had more and better-received appearances, too - a bigger role in Black Mirror under Snyder than Cobb had in Court Of Owls, and returns in Simone's very popular Batgirl run and Batman Eternal as well as more recently. I dropped Nightwing during the Ric era so can't speak to Cobb there specifically, but otherwise he doesn't really have a lot of personality, does he?
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    If Jon was still a kid this would have been a lot more interesting. Since Dick never interacted with kid Jon. You could play around with themes of Dick helping to mentor a young kid the way Superman did for him when he was a kid starting his hero journey, but that doesn't really work as well when Jon is nearly an adult now and already acting as Superman. They kind of missed their window to tell this story properly and I just have zero interest in Dick interacting with current Jon.
    Taylor's not averse to a flashback or two, and there's no reason to think that Dick hasn't met Jon before I don't think?

But I dunno, Dick meeting Cute Kid Jon and a cover where they're sat on a pier eating ice cream and Dick ruffles his hair and is impressed with his precociousness but also hands done some wisdom about having fun and believing in yourself wouldn't have been a fun way to spend twenty pages!

(Kid Jon really bugged me, for my money he's currently the most interesting he's ever been - but I made my peace with the fact I liked Bendis on Superman more than many on this forum a while back!)

Interestingly that the solict and the current status quo has Jon as a "Nightwing" mirror rather than a "Robin" one - that really is a good way to connect Dick and Clark, with so much of the Golden and Silver ages out of both fashion and continuity it's a good hook to show them being close.

Plus, first crossover outside the Bat Family! At last!

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Ya, i get this is technically something. Jon is the new Superman, and this meeting is one that should have happened years ago even its not happening in an ideal form. So on paper i get what they are trying to sell here. But personally im just not interested in Jon anymore now that he's an adult. I really do not like that they aged him, it took all the appeal of the character away for me. They cheated us out of actually getting to experience him growing and becoming who he now is. Dick is pretty much the ultimate representation of that. What would make this have meaning is lost, as Dick represents a journey they robbed Jon and readers of. He's a faux mirror next to Dick.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 11-19-2021 at 07:06 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    they are uninteresting until someone makes them so

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Ya, i get this is technically something. Jon is the new Superman, and this meeting is one that should have happened years ago even its not happening in an ideal form. But personally im just not interested in Jon anymore now that he's an adult. I really do not like that they aged him, it took all the appeal of the character away for me. They cheated us out of actually getting to experience him growing and becoming who he now is. Dick is pretty much the ultimate representation of that. What would make this have meaning is lost, as Dick represents a journey they robbed Jon and readers of. He's a faux mirror next to Dick.
    I agree with you here
    But there is no going back, and someone has to build a personality over the the empty slate that is Jon. Dick might be the start to that. I'm sure he will tell some embarrassing Damian stories, Jon will open up to him. I can't help but give it a chance in taylor's hands. The one trait from kid jon to present that is still there is his optimism, and that something dick grayson has in abundance.