Page 24 of 270 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474124 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    Well, I'd say it took them long enough to notice that untapped market. xD Let em have it.

A little background info about Nightwing's upcoming Let Them Live! Issue:
    https://twitter.com/JacksonLanzing/s...14669566685186

• Originally pitched as a GRAYSON one-shot, "Freefall" is 20 pages of Dick falling from near earth orbit while fighting gnostic cyborgs.
    • It was the first one-shot we ever wrote at @DCComics, right after BATMAN & ROBIN ETERNAL.
    • It was the story that got us working on GRAYSON.

Attachment 105626
    Is that Azrael?

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    [*]Originally pitched as a GRAYSON one-shot, "Freefall" is 20 pages of Dick falling from near earth orbit while fighting gnostic cyborgs.
    THIS is the sh*t I want to be reading in Nightwing.

The odds of me getting this Let Them Live thing just went up by a whole lot.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

That cover is the coolest thing ever. That issue description also sounds like the coolest thing ever. I'm not sure how to reconcile these two irrefutably true facts.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    THIS is the sh*t I want to be reading in Nightwing.

The odds of me getting this Let Them Live thing just went up by a whole lot.
    This is what Nightwing should be, The Global Batman! Let jason, tim, jace etc do the street city thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Oh, it's the team who did that one short homage of Game of Death with Nightwing climbing the floors to save Damian. I really liked that story.

https://www.weirdsciencedccomics.com...htwing-42.html
    Never got around reading stories collected in Untouchable trade. Is it worth picking it up or only 42th issue is good?

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Never got around reading stories collected in Untouchable trade. Is it worth picking it up or only 42th issue is good?
    To me the Judge arc by Sam Humphries is worth reading. And the two one-shots after are good too, specially issue 42.

i bought all the TPBs here before he became Ric and i don't regret it. I intend keep buying when Tom Taylor's run start to be collect around here.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

So, inspired by another topic, i made what i think is a cool rogues gallery for Dick, mostly made with villains connected with him, but without deep ties with other franchises.

Saiko was a one-off villain that had connections with Dick by being his childhood friend from the Harley Circus. Is he cool like his name suggest he is? No! But he is here for ocasional fights scenes and to help others villains in some schemes.

I know some people around here don't like him, but Blockbuster is part of the Nightwing mithos alongside Bludhaven. And he can work as a mastermind, kingpin or brute type of villain.

Shrike is back with the Suicide Squad. It's fair to bring him to fight his original nemesis. And if he is doing good in the other books, it helps to boost up Dick fighting prowess.

I know Mr. Minos died. It's something that Seeley keep doing to his villains. But he could had transferred his conscience to another body or whatever. They don't show his face, so who cares? And he is also a character from Dick's time as Agent 37, and a good way to remined thoses times.

Lady Vic has been around the DC universe for quite some time, looks like she'll be fighting Damian in his upcoming book. If she is around, why not fight Nightwing sometimes?

So Deathwing is here more for the name than anything. Seeley version was a Dollotron, but Taylor could rework him to be another person or something. I thought of Tad, but he is lame asf.

Let's face it, Cobb is more of a Nightwing villain now than Batman's. So he has to be here.

Judge was another One-off villain created by Sam Humphries that i thought it could be cool to come back. He is more linked to the spiritual side of things, something that the other ones don't have.

Once again another villain that Seeley killed. But he is too cool to be dead forever. And he has ties to the Court of Owls, they could bring him back.

James Jr was "created" by Scott Snyder to act like a Joker for Dick, imo. But because of him being of the Gordon family, he became more of a Batgirl villain. Well, she is part of the Nightwing book now. So why not bring him together?

Remember the end of "The Bleeding Edge" arc? Me neither cause it didn't happen! It was cut short cause of the Ric Grayson mess. The concept was cool and it's worth to be explored again, except with less Dick hating tecnology for whatever reason.

And then Flamingo. I was looking for a villain for his Bat Era that wasn't completely absorbed by Bruce, so i choose him to represent the DickBat years. Not the most well developed of the bunch, but this could change right? And he kick ass.

What you guys think?
    Maaaannnn, I'd love for Nightwing to have a truly established rouges gallery as opposed to just a never ending one and done for the arc.

I'd also bring back Tiger Shark and The Dealer

I'd also love to see the return of Bridget Clancy, Sonia Zucco, and Amy Rohrbach as supporting characters

One at a time or all at once?

Extraordinary Member

Blockbuster is back

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Taylor
    Sneak peek. I am so ridiculously happy with our 1st Nightwing issue.
    @Bruno_Redondo_F & @fxstudiocolor are making something stunning, & writing a new start for one of the best heroes in the world is a dream.
    Issue #78 - March. #WhoIsHeartless? @thedcnation
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

I can't help it. I'm excited and hopeful for #78. It doesn't need to be what I would do. It just needs to be good. That sneak peek page looks pretty gorgeous, and gives me some great classic super hero vibes. I'm in.

The falling from orbit and fighting issue? Yes. Thats gold. I want that.

And on the villain front, I do love that list that was posted. I am partial to adding the Dealer and Tiger Shark as well. And, a big one, Professor Pyg. Any villain created for Dick, whether he was Grayson, Batman, Robin, or Nightwing should be on the table. Also, I always wished that they had combiend the characters of Saiko and Raya. I think that Saiko would have had a much better punch if it were Dick's circus crush.

Extraordinary Member

That’s cop could be torque

Spectacular Member

Wow, the backdrop is just gorgeous.

So Desmond is Blockbuster all the time now like in the Dixon run?