Page 247 of 270 FirstFirst ... 147197237243244245246247248249250251257 ... LastLast
Results 3,691 to 3,705 of 4044

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Tom just signed an exclusive contract with DC. He’s definitely on Nightwing for a hood while
    Yeah, he stated i think last week that he is planning on staying in this book for the long haul. Hopefully we can see some other projects connecting to Nightwing.

I would actually like to see him being the next Titans writer.

That's good news for me, especially after the sad news from Perez yesterday.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Taylor taking over Titans is not that bad an idea.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

+1 for Taylor on Titans. His very fluffy way of pushing his leads as cuddly and amazing is something that franchise could really benefit from, Nightwing synergy aside.

Now that I think about it, I wouldn't mind Taylor on the Titans.

This is probably me overthinking things because I really like the idea of him doing Titans... but Redondo gongratulated him with TT Go gif.

I don’t know know about Taylor on Titans. You can see with his Nightwing he tends to be character focused. I don’t think that’s what the Titans needs. I actually think when it comes to the Titans the characters need to take a back seat to the team itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I don’t know know about Taylor on Titans. You can see with his Nightwing he tends to be character focused. I don’t think that’s what the Titans needs. I actually think when it comes to the Titans the characters need to take a back seat to the team itself.
    But what really is a team without characters unless the point is just showing them...doing hero stuff successfully, I guess?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    But what really is a team without characters unless the point is just showing them...doing hero stuff successfully, I guess?
    Well that’s my point, what is Titans as a team. A question that never gets explored as they get distracted by its characters. And so the Titans as a team just becomes an ensemble solo for characters that have nowhere else to go.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 12-08-2021 at 01:25 PM.

Well that’s my point, what is Titans as a team. A question that never gets explored as they get distracted by its characters. And so the Titans as a team just becomes an ensemble solo for characters that have nowhere else to go.
    I think at the end of the day it's important to have good character work to balance out the Superheroics. I don't think there needs to be a direct mission statement for a team.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    I can offer no company for your misery sir

I am loving this run and the entire state of Nightwing in comics. I am just so grateful
    That's fine. I didn't say you couldn't enjoy it, but I'm confident I'll be proven right again with time. Even with Taylor's run now more people seem to be coming to my side in that while the art is amazing the story is kind of lacking. It was the same with Teen Titans Academy. You had such a large group of readers trying to argue the school setting was the best idea and direction, but it was obviously not going to work because the franchise isn't built for it. It's the same with Bludhaven in how the fundamental flaws will plateau the story like what always happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think at the end of the day it's important to have good character work to balance out the Superheroics. I don't think there needs to be a direct mission statement for a team.
    The Titans as a team needs to be established as something legit if they want it to ever be taken seriously again. Which never happens as the each new volume gets lost in its character work. Theres no balance with the Titans anymore. Being a place for its characters is the sole purpose of that team now. But those characters don’t draw. It’s the team that’s the draw, and they have taken that for granted. So now the team is just seen as a AAA team for C-list characters to have moments.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 12-08-2021 at 05:36 PM.

The Titans as team needs to be established as something legit if they want it to ever be taken seriously again. Which never happens as the each new volume gets lost in its character work. Theres no balance with the Titans anymore. Being a place for its characters is the sole purpose of that team now. But those characters don’t draw. It’s the team that’s the draw, and they have taken that for granted. So now the team is just seen as a AAA team for C-list characters to have moments.
    I think it's more like gets lost in bad character work but I think you can show them doing great team stuff while showing off the characters.

Incredible Member

The Titans as team needs to be established as something legit if they want it to ever be taken seriously again. Which never happens as the each new volume gets lost in its character work. Theres no balance with the Titans anymore. Being a place for its characters is the sole purpose of that team now. But those characters don’t draw. It’s the team that’s the draw, and they have taken that for granted. So now the team is just seen as a AAA team for C-list characters to have moments.
    Totally agree. I like the character centric approach for the Nightwing solo, but the Titans need a "big idea/concept" writer. They need a writer who is going to add to the mythology the way the Wolfman/Perez era did while giving the team a reason to exist outside of the characters just having grown up together.

While I hope to keep Taylor on Nightwing for as long as possible, I do not think he would be the best fit for Titans.

Hum... so he might be doing NW: Parabola with Snyder. Cool!
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.