Page 254 of 270 FirstFirst ... 154204244250251252253254255256257258264 ... LastLast
Results 3,796 to 3,810 of 4044
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

The noises I made when I saw what's under the dust jacket

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    It was weird.

I know it was called New Teen Titans, but Dick was already 20s when he becomes Nightwing.
    19. They changed the title to New Titans once the cast hit 20

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    the time line is weird, 17 new teen titans , 18 Nightwing 20, failed wedding 21, year 1 solo nightwing 23, Batman RIP 24, Return to Nightwing 28, Present Day.
    It gives the two years for Jason, the title had changed to the New titans by the time of his wedding the only teen left on the team was Gar
    17 he's still Robin and RIP isn't 24. Tim is almost 17 at that time. When No Man's Land happened after Nightwing moved to Bludhaven, Tim was still 14.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 12-14-2021 at 12:36 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    That wasn't my read on that situation. Batman's not threatened by the sidekicks and looking to recon their weaknesses for his own gain. He wanted Dick to have a situational awareness of the his teammate's weaknesses so that he can hold his ground in the group.
    Dick does similar training with Tim in the future, however tim doesnt pick it up as quick

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post

19. They changed the title to New Titans once the cast hit 20

RIP isn't 24. Tim is almost 17 at that time. When No Man's Land happened after Nightwing moved to Bludhaven, Tim was still 14.
    Tim will be 17 forever he should be 21+ since Damian is 14. 28 present is the most sense, because Dicks friends group are all adults and some with children
    Tim is apart of peter pan group that DC doesn't know what to do with

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    There's got to be some kind of turnaround, surely - you can't bring Alfred in particular to that kind of point and then leave it! But then, it's not in apparent continuity so Lemire can leave the characters how he likes...

An effective punch to the gut, though.

[...]
    Very effective! I also expect some kind of turnaround. There just seems so much story left that I wonder how much of a turnaround it'll be.

That wasn't my read on that situation. Batman's not threatened by the sidekicks and looking to recon their weaknesses for his own gain. He wanted Dick to have a situational awareness of the his teammate's weaknesses so that he can hold his ground in the group.
    That's my read as well. Bruce wants Dick to be a friendless soldier because he thinks that's the only way for Dick to stay alive while fighting beside superpowered individuals, not because Dick is a mere tool to him.

Oh hey maybe y'all hoping to see Dick as Robin in Waid's World's Finest weren't too far off. Or maybe its just the variant and we can take it with a grain of salt. But it would be fitting to have some Robin/Jimmy Olsen in there.
    I didn't expect Dick to appear at all. If he does get a role as Robin that's great. Waid seems to like Dick so there is that.

This iteration is probably quite different from the heavily Golden Age inspired version Yang/Reis brought to live.

Tim will be 17 forever he should be 21+ since Damian is 14. 28 present is the most sense, because Dicks friends group are all adults and some with children
    Tim is apart of peter pan group that DC doesn't know what to do with
    Oh you were talking about the current continuity, not as published

Incredible Member

I would love to see some Robin/Olsen time! Great silver age call back… although I doubt Jimmy will know B and R’s identities…

Edit: Oh also, World's Finest! Now that Dick is confirmed to be in the book, minor role or not, I'm very excited for it. I mean, that Robin design from Mora is already looking so good I'm hoping it becomes the new standard canon design for Dick's time as Robin lol.

There's a lot more Dick this week than I thought there would be. Haven't read Titans United or Robins yet (or Batgirls, if he's in that at all), but I did enjoy Robin and Batman as much as it threw me for a loop at the end, and Urban Legends had some decent Nightwing stuff going on. I didn't quite think either story handled things perfectly, but overall I'm pretty happy with the issue, especially the Christmas Nightwing story. Better than the one Jurgens gave us last year at least lol.

Teen Titans Academy isn't a Nightwing book, so I don't read it for Nightwing alone, but it's little unfortunate that the book is back to doing too much for one issue. I really wish the book was more of a two or three book line-up that gave the story more space to breathe. Still, I'd rather have too much going on than nothing at all like the current Nightwing run, so oh well lol.

Back to Robin and Batman, my personal read on the situation is that Bruce cares deeply for Dick but doesn't understand any healthy ways of showing that. He stresses Dick should be a soldier, rather than is a soldier, and to me, that means he wants Dick to be so good at what he does, that nothing bad can ever happen to him. At the end of the day, Dick is a child in his care, and nothing scares him more than Dick getting hurt. It's a far cry from the Miller-y Batmans that treat their partners as soldiers to keep them at an arm's length. We see Bruce try more than once in these first two issues to make Dick happy after all. The mission debriefing shows that Bruce really just cares about Dick being capable of holding his own against the "Demigods". He doesn't care if Dick has friends, but he also doesn't care if he makes some. I think that's going to be Dick's salvation, where he internalizes all of Bruce's lessons and training, but uses his own strength to become a healthier person by making the right friends. I'm curious to see if the book will get to how much of a difference Dick's presence alone makes on Bruce's character. I also want to see Alfred go off on Bruce sometime soon because I think he needs it lol.
    Last edited by Grayson - The Dark Heir; 12-14-2021 at 01:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    Back to Robin and Batman, my personal read on the situation is that Bruce cares deeply for Dick but doesn't understand any healthy ways of showing that. He stresses Dick should be a soldier, rather than is a soldier, and to me, that means he wants Dick to be so good at what he does, that nothing bad can ever happen to him. At the end of the day, Dick is a child in his care, and nothing scares him more than Dick getting hurt. It's a far cry from the Miller-y Batmans that treat their partners as soldiers to keep them at an arm's length. We see Bruce try more than once in these first two issues to make Dick happy after all. The mission debriefing shows that Bruce really just cares about Dick being capable of holding his own against the "Demigods". He doesn't care if Dick has friends, but he also doesn't care if he makes some. I think that's going to be Dick's salvation, where he internalizes all of Bruce's lessons and training, but uses his own strength to become a healthier person by making the right friends. I'm curious to see if the book will get to how much of a difference Dick's presence alone makes on Bruce's character. I also want to see Alfred go off on Bruce sometime soon because I think he needs it lol.
    I mostly agree but I also think the art does a lot to soften the tone of the story.

Teenaged nightwing crying into his pillow is the most tumblr thing
    It's one of those things that I let go of because it's so freaking funny

It's not completely unbelievable even, just these actions doesn't suit Dick. Like of course he'd be upset, but him moping and cursing at the Titans seems just off.

So what did y'all think about Dick's christmas story from Urban Legends #10 ? I thought it was pretty nice even tho it felt kinda off with the fear state crossover (mosy likely Tini wrote that story before fs ending I guess ?) still fun to read
    Gotta say I just love the way bat-writers are making Dick and Barbara interact currently as a couple, they just feel like a couple which has been married for +10 years lol
    49.jpg

Extraordinary Member

I put a voice to it in my head, imagine letting your gf see you like that
    Usually dick is angry but this daddy doesn’t love me moment is hilarious until little Jason is seen outside

Quote Originally Posted by Spideyvinnegar View Post
    So what did y'all think about Dick's christmas story from Urban Legends #10 ? I thought it was pretty nice even tho it felt kinda off with the fear state crossover (mosy likely Tini wrote that story before fs ending I guess ?) still fun to read
    Gotta say I just love the way bat-writers are making Dick and Barbara interact currently as a couple, they just feel like a couple which has been married for +10 years lol
    49.jpg
    I mean it was cute but def not anything I’d run home about. Probably could of done without the whole ghosts of Christmas pasta with the batgirls because it was cringe and ultimately not very impactful. Also Babs talking to Dick like that on the phone while he was fighting lol it was cute for the people that were the target audience.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeNightwingGreatAgain View Post
    I mean it was cute but def not anything I’d run home about. Probably could of done without the whole ghosts of Christmas pasta with the batgirls because it was cringe and ultimately not very impactful. Also Babs talking to Dick like that on the phone while he was fighting lol it was cute for the people that were the target audience.
    I agree about the ghosts part, that could have been a good chance to see Dick/Cass/Steph team-up and strengthening their bonds since it looks like we'll be seeing some of it soon in the batgirls book
    About Barbara I find it cute cause you can tell at same time Barbara is angry at Dick she's still very worried about him and I also like how intimate they sounds there

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

oh my word that is absolutely gorgeous! Why does everything about this book be so freaking gorgeous!