Page 26 of 270 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676126 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It also hasn't been explicitly clear (as far as what I've read) whether Dick and Babs are together romantically in the book.
    It’s seems pretty obvious the book will be exploring that territory. The titans academy is present/past and future
    So I doubt anything beyond a working relationship

C0A1BAA3-E7D5-46BF-AAEC-D9B48ED66E1D.jpg

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Why? I mean, other than rehashing a conversation they've had a million times (which is what ex's with their type of history seem to do, at least in my experience) I don't see the problem. There's some call backs to both of their semi-recent history like Kori's solo (Mike *was* from her solo right?) and the comments about their NTT relationship sounds right to me; Dick did take control of things much of the time then, if memory serves me right.

Seems well written enough, even if it's not covering any new ground. And this is just a preview, we don't know how the tale will play out or end. I mean, it's Kori and Dick so my immediate assumption is it'll end in bed, but we don't know that (and I wouldn't necessarily have a problem if that's where it did end, since I ship these two over Babs).
    This right here. I just don't want this to read like Kori cheerleading DickBabs and instead be a story about Dick and Kori, you know?

This basically is as close as we're getting to a Batgirl book.
    And that sucks for the Batgirls, but Nightwing is still supposed to be a Nightwing book, so why would it be about Barbara Gordon?

The last thing they need is let Barbara eat this book in the same way they are letting the batfamily eat the Titans.

This right here. I just don't want this to read like Kori cheerleading DickBabs and instead be a story about Dick and Kori, you know?
    There is no way back now, they are rewriting story and now only Barbara matters. It doesn't matter that while Dick and Kory were together Dick didn't eve remember Barbara existed or that they never ever had a thing, from now and on "they had an story" that trully, totally existed. Really!
    Last edited by Rakiduam; 02-06-2021 at 04:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakiduam View Post
    And that sucks for the Batgirls, but Nightwing is still supposed to be a Nightwing book, so why would it be about Barbara Gordon?

The last thing they need is let Barbara eat this book in the same way they are letting the batfamily eat the Titans.
    I kind of assumed Babs as his partner was getting co-lead status, or at least the nominal lead female character in the book.

I kind of assumed Babs as his partner was getting co-lead status, or at least the nominal lead female character in the book.
    But Dick has never needed a co-lead or a lead female in his book, this arrangement would keep any independence from both of them, Barbara doesn't get her own book, and in the practice neither does Dick.

Nevermind that Dick is going to have to be a moron so Barbara has something to do, and to make things even more stalled there you have Blockbuster.

The same problems Dick used to fix by himself, well now he needs help, how is that for an "A Lister"?
    Last edited by Rakiduam; 02-06-2021 at 06:13 PM.

But Dick has never needed a co-lead or a lead female in his book, this arrangement would keep any independence from both of them, Barbara doesn't get her own book, and in the practice neither does Dick.

Nevermind that Dick is going to have to be a moron so Barbara has something to do, and to make things even more stalled there you have Blockbuster.

The same problems Dick used to fix by himself, well now he needs help, how is that for an "A Lister"?
    I think it's a different situation than we usually get in a Nightwing book that can work or not work depending on how Taylor handles it. I think an attempt at them as a duo (with Dick still being the main character) could be interesting to read.

I don't think Babs serving as Oracle needs to necessarily dumb Dick down but, again, it depends on the execution.

Dick and Barbara have worked together since the 70's. It is nice to see her acknowledged as part of the supporting cast. I just hope to see them do it platonically. I'd like the Titans creative team to have the freedom to explore Dick's relationship with Starfire. It really sounds like the current creative team wants to keep Nightwing grounded and street level, no Flash friends or Starfire. But Dick's connections to other superheroes through the Titans is just as important too. I hope the two books act as equal halves that together show both of the best sides of Dick. Because otherwise I may be left a bit unsatisfied with a Dick isolated at the street level with no Starfire or Flash.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

I think it's a different situation than we usually get in a Nightwing book that can work or not work depending on how Taylor handles it. I think an attempt at them as a duo (with Dick still being the main character) could be interesting to read.

I don't think Babs serving as Oracle needs to necessarily dumb Dick down but, again, it depends on the execution.
    We have had them as a duo repeatedly on crossovers, and it aways dumb down Dick.What do you think miss photographic memory can aport other way? There is nothing Barbara can do that Dick can't unless Barbara is there, then Dick can't make elemental deductions by himself.

It's the problem with the Bat family in general, they have made them utterly redundant.

Astonishing Member

We have had them as a duo repeatedly on crossovers, and it aways dumb down Dick.What do you think miss photographic memory can aport other way? There is nothing Barbara can do that Dick can't unless Barbara is there, then Dick can't make elemental deductions by himself.

It's the problem with the Bat family in general, they have made them utterly redundant.
    As Barbara doesn't have a solo anymore, she could bring her own conflicts to the Nightwing book this time (like Stephanie in Tim/Robin book).

That said, I agree it is pretty possible they will make Barbara the smart one in the book, which could negatively affect Dick.

PS: Honestly, I suspect DC feels sure to give Dick a solo, because Barbara/Batgirl will be there (and it seems the only place where she is Batgirl).

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    As Barbara doesn't have a solo anymore, she could bring her own conflicts to the Nightwing book this time (like Stephanie in Tim/Robin book).
    Yeah, she could but again that wouldn't be good for Dick. Nothing about having Barbara in Nightwing is for Dick's benefit.

PS: Honestly, I suspect DC feels sure to give Dick a solo, because Barbara/Batgirl will be there (and it seems the only place where she is Batgirl).
    This makes not sense, they both have show to be competent seller on their own. By definition, having them both in the book is not a solo, so after two years as Rick Dick lost his solo.
    Last edited by Rakiduam; 02-06-2021 at 09:15 PM.

Extraordinary Member

I expected it to be a mr and Mrs X type book

Extraordinary Member

Tim and Bruce do that to him too
    It’s not on her

You guys were not happy with the directions of Nightwing book before he got shot, they are doing something different lets give it a chance. Babs is a supporting character can’t be silenced, removed and has a strong report and team skills. I can’t see then why their is so much doubt in this project.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Tim and Bruce do that to him too. It’s not on her
    Yes, that's true, but they aren't in his book

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    You guys were not happy with the directions of Nightwing book before he got shot, they are doing something different lets give it a chance. Babs is a supporting character can’t be silenced, removed and has a strong report and team skills. I can’t see then why their is so much doubt in this project.
    I was happy enough. It wasn't like with Grayson, that invited to comment and theorize, but fun enough to keep buying.

They aren't doing anything different.C'mon, it's Zucco again, Barbra again, Blockbuster again, Gotham wanna be city again. The only new part is the dog, and it's only a dog.

Oh! and instead of living of Bruce money he has Alfred's. Fantastic.
    Last edited by Rakiduam; 02-06-2021 at 09:00 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Yes, that's true, but they aren't in his book

I was happy enough. It wasn't like with Grayson, that invited to comment and theorize, but fun enough to keep buying.

They aren't doing anything different.C'mon, it's Zucco again, Barbra again, Blockbuster again, Gotham wanna be city again. The only new part is the dog, and it's only a dog.

Oh! and instead of living of Bruce money he has Alfred's. Fantastic.
    Don’t underestimate the pooch

It makes sense for Barbara to be in Dick's supporting cast of characters. In fact, I wish writers were given more leeway to use other characters in their solos as supporting characters whether they have an ongoing series or not. It's ridiculous when Batman can't have a Robin because there's a Teen Titans book. Babs having a book or not shouldn't be the determining factor as to whether she's a supporting character or not.

I also firmly believe that you can have two characters interact without one taking away from the other. I don't think Dick or Barbara were dumbed down in their Batman Family teamups for example. Unless the two characters are Robins of course, then there's no room for more
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)