Page 260 of 270 FirstFirst ... 160210250256257258259260261262263264 ... LastLast
Results 3,886 to 3,900 of 4044
    Incredible Member

Nightwing is long overdue for League membership. Batman blocking his acceptance has always been bogus.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by bearman View Post
    Nightwing is long overdue for League membership. Batman blocking his acceptance has always been bogus.
    The league is lame anyway.

Incredible Member

It’s ridiculous in many ways. But in-universe, it’s vital. As Bruce predicted, I want Dick to lead it one day. I believe the Dick’n Donna League is out of continuity, but Dick did a great job there.

A JL with Dick, Wally, Jon, Yara, Jo and Jackson could be a cool legacy team. It diverse and Dick and Wally as the veterans and mentors of the new generation JL would be interesting.

Dick leading the League just implies the Titans are just Justice League Jr and not their own thing. I don't mind Donna leading the League.

I would love to see Dick lead a Justice League Incarnate team or be forced to lead a Suicide Squad team.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Dick leading the League just implies the Titans are just Justice League Jr and not their own thing. I don't mind Donna leading the League.

I would love to see Dick lead a Justice League Incarnate team or be forced to lead a Suicide Squad team.
    I think at this point the Suicide squad is the only team DC still has around that Dick never lead.
    He led the Titans, Outsiders, and even the JL for short times.
    I can't really see him leading the suicide squad, though. He'd find a way outside of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    The league is lame anyway.
    …and the Titans aren’t ?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

The league is a road that goes nowhere for Dick. That’s Batman’s team. There’s no actual opportunity there for him. I’d be little more then notch on his belt, but it’s not gonna lead to things he doesn’t already have. As bad as Titans comics are, Titans will lead to more. Like JL movies and game aren’t gonna be done with Dick. Titans on the other hand. Titans comics just need to be better. In the long run better Titans material will serve Dick better then temporary stints on the JL.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 12-20-2021 at 01:35 AM.

People act like he can't do both. The fact is that the JL is the premier superhero team in the DCU. This isn't debatable. If you want Dick to be looked at as on the same level as the top heroes in the DCU and have more influence then he has to join the JL. He should be a fully accepted member. Not a temporary member or a fill in one when the actual top heroes are out of town, but a legitimate member that has a seat at the table with everyone else. I don't care about him leading the team, or how it will help him in other media, but the fact that Dick isn't a JL member despite being one of the longest tenured heroes in the DCU reflects poorly on him and his standing compared to other top heroes. It will always be held against him.

As garbage as the Titans are in the comics and how little they actually contribute any good stories for Dick they aren't going anywhere for him. People don't need to worry about it. This weird idea that Dick can't be on both the JL and Titans is just bizarre to me. Other top heroes can be on multiple teams but Dick can't? Not like I'm asking him to be THE focus of the JL but just a member. You can even have him on the JL representing the Titans and their viewpoints on serious issues if you want.

I think he'd do great on JL again if given another chance. It's not like he can't be on multiple teams and it's ridiculous to imply he can't, he has the stature and skill to do so. Let's be real Titans is not going anywhere anytime soon, the comic has been underwhelming for a long time now.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    People act like he can't do both. The fact is that the JL is the premier superhero team in the DCU. This isn't debatable. If you want Dick to be looked at as on the same level as the top heroes in the DCU and have more influence then he has to join the JL. He should be a fully accepted member. Not a temporary member or a fill in one when the actual top heroes are out of town, but a legitimate member that has a seat at the table with everyone else. I don't care about him leading the team, or how it will help him in other media, but the fact that Dick isn't a JL member despite being one of the longest tenured heroes in the DCU reflects poorly on him and his standing compared to other top heroes. It will always be held against him.
    I quite like the idea that's been surprisingly consistent since the 90s (Off the top of my head in Morrison, Metlzer and Johns' runs at least) that the only reason Nightwing isn't on the League is because he doesn't want to be and turns down the offer.

Only really works if what he's doing instead is more interesting, though. Which... Eh.

Hard pressed to think of any character who's actually benefitted from League membership in recent years, though - no one's favourite character has had their favourite moment in Justice League rather than their solo this century. The only exception is maybe Aquaman, because it let Throne Of Atlantis happen which was big for a bit.

Unless it ups his exposure and marketability the JL isn’t giving him any greater influence or status. That’s how characters actually gain more influence and status. The JL isn’t this king maker. It’s the the premier superhero team because it has the premier characters. We have seen many characters come and go, it doesn’t just elevate any character to the levels of Batman or Superman. No one sees the likes Aztek or Vibe above the level of Nightwing cause they were on the JL and he wasn’t.

If someone has story for it like Obsidian Age, have at it. But being on it just for the sake of being on it. I could take it or leave it. It’s not gonna give him a solo he doesn’t already have, or put him in any movies or games. So this idea that it would up his legitimacy or profile I just don’t see it actually doing that.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 12-20-2021 at 04:43 AM.

It would be cool for him to be in the League for a while, but there is nothing that being in the JL comic book offers him in the long haul.
    Comic books does nothing for the popularity of a character this days. Cyborg was in that book for years and still can't have a solo for more than a year.

Nightwing already is one of the best selling characters of DC, outselling Flash, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Green Lantern and the others "top heroes", anyways.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by bearman View Post
    It’s ridiculous in many ways. But in-universe, it’s vital. As Bruce predicted, I want Dick to lead it one day. I believe the Dick’n Donna League is out of continuity, but Dick did a great job there.
    I’ll just never be over having the rebirth titans ( a group of equally powerful, responsible and experienced adults) being shut down while the illegal task force X, that isn’t above abducting children or the actually minor who need supervision and held and illegal prison.

The book itself hasn’t been intresting for a while, the team seems more like a
    Place to advertise or prop up characters of DCs choosing, not and honor.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    …and the Titans aren’t ?
    Rebirth was fun pure comic book shenanigans until the end of the troia arc