Page 264 of 270 FirstFirst ... 164214254260261262263264265266267268 ... LastLast
Results 3,946 to 3,960 of 4044

Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
    Titans is currently one of the most watched shows on Netflix worldwide. People complained a lot about the current season, but overall it seems very successful.
    Insert "no accounting for taste" comment.

Which, don't get me wrong, I want the show to do well...but the show has a lot of problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
    Titans is currently one of the most watched shows on Netflix worldwide. People complained a lot about the current season, but overall it seems very successful.
    Not on it's own merits. The characters are popular (despite DC's efforts to erase them) and people are hungry for stories with them and will even settle for a poorly done show.

Incredible Member

I agree that the last season had a lot of problems, and having 3 different Robins/ ex-Robins in a Titans show is just weird and unnecessary (unless they are planning to branch to spin-off shows).
    But at the same time, people seem to be watching it, so hopefully it would lead to more Titans and Nightwing content.

I’m not gonna lie, I didn’t love the last season. That studio in general and its formula is, well, it is what it is. But I can grin and bear it as long as it proves the property outside of comics. As long as Titans becomes a property they see can be successful and make them money, they’ll do more stuff with it then. And that’s the win.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 12-22-2021 at 01:03 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Redondo going to try and keep that Batgirl look relevant .

Happy Holidays .
    Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I’m not gonna lie, I didn’t love the last season. That studio in general and its formula is, well, it is what it is. But I can grin and bear it as long as it proves the property outside of comics. As long as Titans becomes a property they see can be successful and make them money, they’ll do more stuff with it then. And that’s the win.
    And fans will keep hoping the writing improves .

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Being invited to the JL table to discuss major DCU events. There is a status that comes with being on the JL in the DCU that Dick doesn't have basically that lowers his ceiling as a character. I feel like it is pretty straightforward.
    I do want to comment on this, because this is something that should definitely be a thing by now. I liked the bit in TTA that had Doctor Fate seek out the Titans and Raven specifically to deal with a magical threat, with the intention to have them help the JLD. Even if it's small, stuff like that is what I want to see. Rachel should totally have a consulting role and be an honorary role as a member of the JLD, and the same should go for Dick and a few other Titans at this point with the main JL. I mean, Dick, Donna, Vic, Kory, and Roy have all been pretty important JL members at one point or another (Kory excluded, but even then I think status and capability-wise, she should be included). It's less about the popularity of characters, and more of their in-universe status that I want represented.

Like the big JL discussion scenes in Action Comics leading up to Clark leaving Earth? It would've been neat to see Dick there. Little stuff like that would be nice, and does more to raise the profile of the Titans as a whole too imo. Like, if after this Justice League Incarnate book is done and the next Multiversal event is ready to go down, it'd be nice to have Dick and maybe others included with the JL when we start getting the larger plans and stuff worked out. It was very reduced, but we got that in Doom Metal. Even just more of that would be nice.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Abnett's Rebirth is a good example. Having Bruce shut down Dick's superhero team to then have the JL absorb their responsibilities is something that wouldn't have happened if Dick was on the same level as them and on the JL. Being invited to the JL table to discuss major DCU events. There is a status that comes with being on the JL in the DCU that Dick doesn't have basically that lowers his ceiling as a character. I feel like it is pretty straightforward.

That had nothing to do with teams and all to do with the relationship between dick and Bruce. Bruce was wrong to manipulate dick like that. All the other titans did not agree to the shut down. Bruce knew he only had to convince one, and when the league saw fit brought the team back under their watch.

It was bad writing choice that somewhat justifies Damian’s rebellious period that arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    The Titans are VERY popular outside comics and are in fact one of their top selling merchandise. The original teen titans is still known as one of the best cartoons to ever exist. Their tenure in the 80s in the comics was also very well received. Its one of the reasons why the live action pulls in casual fans or just bored streamers. It's a recognizable brand that DC sucks at promoting because they have such a huge boner for Batman that they are willing to trash their other popular properties in order to prop him up.

One can really see the difference in property that DC actually cares about vs property DC could care less about. Justice League, Bruce Wayne Batman, Barry Allen Flash Clark Kent Superman and Harley Quinn are properties that clearly DC favors. Even though properties like Wally Flash or Teen Titans/Titans is shown to be something that is popular and quite well known, they do come as competition for their other properties and often times the characters involved can't exist without introducing DC fav properties anyhow. Its a mess of a situation that DC cant seem to get themselves out of.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Not on it's own merits. The characters are popular (despite DC's efforts to erase them) and people are hungry for stories with them and will even settle for a poorly done show.
    Yeah. Im thinking this is the reason people just blindly support anything nightwing related. We want more nightwing so we support everything with him in it, even if it's a very poor portrayal that we hate. Ric Grayson was just a repeat of the fan backlash that happened with Devin Grayson. And even that Backlash didn't stop DC from pushing him in mediocre stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    With the Titans show and the GK video game I think you will see the general audience shift towards Nightwing as their favorite “era” for Dick.
    I mean, He was Nightwing in season two of young justice and the time, Young Justice was a top rated children's show. He was also Nightwing in the Arkham Knight game, and that was pretty popular. The Harley Quinn movie had Dick as Nightwing. Dick has been Nightwing in other content that is normally considered "popular." But I still don't think it was enough to push Nightwing as the favorite era for Dick. Like I said, a lot of people still see Dick as robin and batman side character./batman lite. Its not really their fault, but more of the fault of DC/WB pushing the batman narrative with him instead of letting him branch out. Even in the Titans show, his stuff is heavily influenced by Batfam, something the show did not need. It makes Dick look like another version of Batman that we dont need.

Is this not a Nightwing Solo book anymore? IS the Nightwing team just a bunch of Dick Babs shippers? Seeley didn't even do this with Shawn and Dick, got her pregnant and was ready to drop everything to be with her forever. He was dang near ready to settle down Bea and even got the go ahead from Alfred to do it. Like what is the point of pushing this pairing so hard in this book? Dick Babs haven't even been confirmed to be a couple in the story. And its only been like 6 or 7 issues? not only that but in the grand scheme of things, Dick and Babs havent been together since 2006 (lets be honest with ourselves).

Yes I am complaining. But this right here is really annoying me lol im sorry

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MakeNightwingGreatAgain View Post
    Is this not a Nightwing Solo book anymore? IS the Nightwing team just a bunch of Dick Babs shippers? Seeley didn't even do this with Shawn and Dick, got her pregnant and was ready to drop everything to be with her forever. He was dang near ready to settle down Bea and even got the go ahead from Alfred to do it. Like what is the point of pushing this pairing so hard in this book? Dick Babs haven't even been confirmed to be a couple in the story. And its only been like 6 or 7 issues? not only that but in the grand scheme of things, Dick and Babs havent been together since 2006 (lets be honest with ourselves).

Talk about hyperbole. Lol you can have a side character and it still remain a solo. Helena was a bigger part of Grayson than Barbara is in Nightwing. Did you complain then to?

Extraordinary Member

I’m sorry you will be complaining for probably another 30 issues but it is your right

I’m sorry you will be complaining for probably another 30 issues but it is your right
    Ill complain about it every time don't you worry ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Iclifton View Post
    Talk about hyperbole. Lol you can have a side character and it still remain a solo. Helena was a bigger part of Grayson than Barbara is in Nightwing. Did you complain then to?
    But Helena and Grayson had a solid build up and was respectable. Also, it was pretty clear that Dick was the main solo character in Grayson. Apples and Oranges to compare the two. Especially when Grayson was about Dick's time as a spy for a organization where he had to team up. Nightwing solo is about Dick as a vigilante in bludhaven trying to make it on his own. With the way Nightwing solo is promoted, they are making it seem like its a Nightwing/Batgirl team up and if I remember correctly, Taylor said he was writing it as a Nightwing Batgirl book.

So The Batman has two planned sequels and one seems o might be Dark Victory. For anyone who doesn't know this was a sequel to Long Halloween where Dick Grayson appeared. I don't think has of right now we will get Nightwing in DCEU just yet. They might wind up doing it in the The Batman. Because with Keaton in the DCEU Dick would have to be a mid aged man. The director of The Batman did say he didn't want anyone else using Dick. Wait Does anyone know if the Batman 89 is cannon to the movie universe? Because that would be one way to get him in the main universe taking place in the Burton universe

Even way I hope we see Nightwing.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 12-22-2021 at 11:20 PM.

Is this not a Nightwing Solo book anymore? IS the Nightwing team just a bunch of Dick Babs shippers? Seeley didn't even do this with Shawn and Dick, got her pregnant and was ready to drop everything to be with her forever. He was dang near ready to settle down Bea and even got the go ahead from Alfred to do it. Like what is the point of pushing this pairing so hard in this book?
    Are you really comparing the impact of random love interests to Barbara Gordon/Batgirl/Oracle ?
    Taylor has said many times before the book was released batgirl is the co-star of his run so get ready to be seeing her a lot more lmao

Dick Babs haven't even been confirmed to be a couple in the story. And its only been like 6 or 7 issues?
    They kissed twice in this run
    They lived together for quite a time before Barbara moved with Cass and Steph
    In 'batgirls' Barbara blushes saying shes going to crash with Dick
    Other bat-books has also been portraying them living together
    I think this is pretty much enough to assume they are in fact at least dating lol

Dick and Babs havent been together since 2006
    Yeah instead they were in that will-they-won't-they kind-of-relationship, constantly flirting and writers always making it obvious they have deep lingering feelings to each other and dropping hints they would eventually get back together again
    I mean c'mon it was always obvious it was just a matter of time and a writter with enough freedom coming in and settling these two together again and Taylor just seems to be that writter

I mean it's fine you're free to complain as much as you want just like we're free to enjoy it
    Last edited by Spideyvinnegar; 12-23-2021 at 04:15 AM.