Page 27 of 270 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777127 ... LastLast

I do find the take that Kory being for when Dick was 19 and entirely in the past to be a bit ridiculous though. Like if Kory is Dick's college girlfriend, then Barbara is his high school crush. And I know which one to me would indicate more growth for a choice in long term partner.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

I doubt the writers will be able to resist the urge to explore Dick/Babs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    It’s seems pretty obvious the book will be exploring that territory. The titans academy is present/past and future
    So I doubt anything beyond a working relationship

Attachment 105795
    Dick had a crush on her the same way a kid has a crush on her teacher. All the Dick/Babs stuff had to retconned along with Barbara getting deaged to accommodate it and I'm talking pre-Nu52. Dick/Kory may have been retconned away but it was still a relationship that grew organically, not at the expense of another relationship and didn't require retcons to work.

People are not happy with it
    I'll wait and see how it goes.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I doubt the writers will be able to resist the urge to explore Dick/Babs.

Dick had a crush on her the same way a kid has a crush on her teacher. All the Dick/Babs stuff had to retconned along with Barbara getting deaged to accommodate it and I'm talking pre-Nu52. Dick/Kory may have been retconned away but it was still a relationship that grew organically, not at the expense of another relationship and didn't require retcons to work.

I'll wait and see how it goes.

And now many years later they rekindle their relationship both now older and matured and pursue something wonderful
    It’s
    Like legit how many romcoms on the classic tale

The only reason they have not taken the next step is because some big event puts things on pause or resets
    It’s the same reason why Nightwing has been unable to advance for the last ten years. Now we have Tom who promises to give it all and you guys aren’t happy. Lois doesn’t hold Superman back. Mera doesn’t eat up Aquaman. It can’t be worse then reading the fake Nightwings and ric. Where is the positivity guys.

And now many years later they rekindle their relationship both now older and matured and pursue something wonderful
    It’s

The only reason they have not taken the next step is because some big event puts things on pause or resets
    It’s the same reason why Nightwing has been unable to advance for the last ten years. Now we have Tom who promises to give it all and you guys aren’t happy. Lois doesn’t hold Superman back. Mera doesn’t eat up Aquaman. It can’t be worse then reading the fake Nightwings and ric. Where is the positivity guys.
    Not everyone feels that street level, dickbabs, bat centered is the best most interesting thing for Nightwings character growth. Some like Nightwing more DCU centered.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    Not everyone feels that street level, dickbabs, bat centered is the best most interesting thing for Nightwings character growth. Some like Nightwing more DCU centered.
    He'll be doing both in March.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    The books are not gonna solve that. Nightwing is gonna have to transcend print media. It’s the only way, he has to be proven fiscally viable to DC that they will plug him into DCU adventures and crossovers.

So make sure you support
    titans S3
    Young Justice S4
    Arkham Knights and let them know more Nightwing is what you want.

However for now this book seems to be the ground work to what could possibly be a Nightwing spin-off from titans
    Dickbabs needs to be finalized, sealed and made official so when the Live action Batgirl movies comes and it will be coming his inclusion is guaranteed in the way Lois Lane will always be in Superman film. I means it when I say it’s all coming together now.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rakiduam View Post
    But Dick has never needed a co-lead or a lead female in his book, this arrangement would keep any independence from both of them, Barbara doesn't get her own book, and in the practice neither does Dick.

Nevermind that Dick is going to have to be a moron so Barbara has something to do
    These are the exact same complaints that people raised about Helena in Grayson.

The books are not gonna solve that. Nightwing is gonna have to transcend print media. It’s the only way, he has to be proven fiscally viable to DC that they will plug him into DCU adventures and crossovers.

So make sure you support
    titans S3
    Young Justice S4
    Arkham Knights and let them know more Nightwing is what you want.

However for now this book seems to be the ground work to what could possibly be a Nightwing spin-off from titans
    Dickbabs needs to be finalized, sealed and made official so when the Live action Batgirl movies comes and it will be coming his inclusion is guaranteed in the way Lois Lane will always be in Superman film. I means it when I say it’s all coming together now.
    Gotham Knights.
    Even though i played more with Nightwing in the challenge maps and his little "campaign" than any other character in Arkham Knight.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    It makes sense for Barbara to be in Dick's supporting cast of characters. In fact, I wish writers were given more leeway to use other characters in their solos as supporting characters whether they have an ongoing series or not. It's ridiculous when Batman can't have a Robin because there's a Teen Titans book. Babs having a book or not shouldn't be the determining factor as to whether she's a supporting character or not.

I also firmly believe that you can have two characters interact without one taking away from the other. I don't think Dick or Barbara were dumbed down in their Batman Family teamups for example. Unless the two characters are Robins of course, then there's no room for more
    Unfortunately, DC has never found the balance of having Dick and any other Batfam character in the same room without having to dumb Dick down so the other character looks good.
    Dick asks Barbara for help in the arc before the 'nightmare known as Ric' because he was too dumb to solve a mystery or understand technology by himself. According to Tynion in Batman #100, Dick is so stupid he doesn't even know what his suit is made of, but of course Barbara does. The more I hear of this Taylor run, the more I feel like these are the interactions we'll be seeing.

Barbara has no need to be in this book. Dick doesn't need Barbara in this book. The only reason Taylor put Barbara in this book is to (a. Hook them up, despite the fact that half of the Nightwing fandom would rather never see them date again, and (b. Have somebody be the 'smart one' because Dick is just the dumb, fun, grown up Robin who, despite having been a master strategist and detective before Barbara was his co-lead, suddenly isn't anymore.

As for Dick having a supporting cast, how in the world is making a Batfam character a lead in his book separating him from Batman's shadow or allowing him to thrive on his own? Why not try invest ing in interesting new characters instead of drudging up the same old boring relationship done in the same old way when it has never worked well for the character you're trying to 'make A-list'?

I just went through two years of Ric, is it too much to ask that the Nightwing book finally embraces his skills and what makes him unique, instead of using his book to prop other characters at his expense?

Sorry for the rant, I just have a bad feeling about this book😣

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Gotham Knights.
    Even though i played more with Nightwing in the challenge maps and his little "campaign" than any other character in Arkham Knight.
    Same here bro same here

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jay11 View Post
    Unfortunately, DC has never found the balance of having Dick and any other Batfam character in the same room without having to dumb Dick down so the other character looks good.
    Dick asks Barbara for help in the arc before the 'nightmare known as Ric' because he was too dumb to solve a mystery or understand technology by himself. According to Tynion in Batman #100, Dick is so stupid he doesn't even know what his suit is made of, but of course Barbara does. The more I hear of this Taylor run, the more I feel like these are the interactions we'll be seeing.

Barbara has no need to be in this book. Dick doesn't need Barbara in this book. The only reason Taylor put Barbara in this book is to (a. Hook them up, despite the fact that half of the Nightwing fandom would rather never see them date again, and (b. Have somebody be the 'smart one' because Dick is just the dumb, fun, grown up Robin who, despite having been a master strategist and detective before Barbara was his co-lead, suddenly isn't anymore.

As for Dick having a supporting cast, how in the world is making a Batfam character a lead in his book separating him from Batman's shadow or allowing him to thrive on his own? Why not try invest ing in interesting new characters instead of drudging up the same old boring relationship done in the same old way when it has never worked well for the character you're trying to 'make A-list'?

I just went through two years of Ric, is it too much to ask that the Nightwing book finally embraces his skills and what makes him unique, instead of using his book to prop other characters at his expense?

Sorry for the rant, I just have a bad feeling about this book��
    That issue seems to be inescapable no matter the team up
    Dick becomes the jock around most inner bat family members. Your right I don’t like it either then again I’m not fond of other being dumbed down when Robin/Nightwing is present among other heroes, (starfire has had it rough).

I want to have faith in Tom Taylor that people can have specific specialized skill without dominating the role of brain or muscle, teamwork and respect was highlighted a lot in deceased. He has two people who have been in the business a long time with a good working history they can do this!

It’s

If dick marry's babs than dc should move him back to Gotham and stick his head right up batman's a$$ were it'll belong.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay11 View Post

Sorry for the rant, I just have a bad feeling about this book��
    Well, I think saying half the fandom doesn't want them to ever date again might be a bit much, but I've seen no indication from Taylor that they'll be depicting Dick as the "dumb one."

You have to consider Dick’s current situation. This is post Ric now, and Dick is in need of general appeal. They went too far with Ric, that now the reaction is to go the other way. They are trying to sell a sense of general comfort to combat Ric being so rejected. Bringing back the general Nightwing and Batman stuff they threw away, mocked, and tried to convince readers not to like. Dick and Babs has regularly been a go to for general appeal. Blockbuster is textbook Nightwing, Zucco is old school Dick, etc, etc. I understand the logic and necessity of this right now, even if these aren’t my favorite things anymore. As a die hard they have me as a reader, it’s the general audience they need to try and get back. And general audiences don’t necessarily have the same views on these things as us die hards.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 02-07-2021 at 11:35 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, I think saying half the fandom doesn't want them to ever date again might be a bit much,
    It also raises the question of what the other half want. I'm not a fan of the ship, but it's one of those irritating divides where DC have been in a holding pattern - wanting readers to be able to believe that Dick is always potentially Just On The Cusp of "making it work" with Barbara without wanting to go so far as to alienate people who like him with Starfire or single or with someone else.

So you have this weird mishmash where they're Meant To Be Together in Death Metal, and creepily Promise-Ringed to each other, without ever really having dated in any in-continuity book.

So... Yeah. Dick and Barbara. Sh*t, or get off the pot. If DC want me to think they're A Thing, they should put some time and effort into convincing me. I'll let Taylor have his shot at that.