Page 31 of 270 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181131 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Kory deserves better.
    Dick deserves better. These gotham handcuffs are starting to make it so you can't take him seriously as anything other than another sidekick.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    Dick deserves better. These gotham handcuffs are starting to make it so you can't take him seriously as anything other than another sidekick.
    I've said it before and I'll say it again - do "Batman And Robin - The Dynamic Duo", with Bruce and Dick at the height of their powers, to get all the understandable "Dick and Bruce are significant figures in each others lives" out of everyone's systems, and then have fun defining the Nightwing title in contrast.
    Last edited by Claude; 02-10-2021 at 08:43 AM.

Incredible Member

I've said it before and I'll say it again - do "Batman And Robin - The Dynamic Duo", with Bruce and Dick at the height of their powers, to get all the understandle "Dick and Bruce are significant figures in each others lives" out of everyone's systems, and then have fun defining the Nightwing title in contrast.

Great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Scott Snyder was also on Word Balloon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQAGmBZPhdQ

Touched on a few DC related things but in terms of new book news, he mentioned that his Black Label Nightwing pitch has been greenlit but based off his creator owned slate he realistically won't get to it untill 2022.
    So, no Nightwing Parabola this year. That's a bummer.
    At least is coming.

Thanks Hypo for the information.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    I've said it before and I'll say it again - do "Batman And Robin - The Dynamic Duo", with Bruce and Dick at the height of their powers, to get all the understandable "Dick and Bruce are significant figures in each others lives" out of everyone's systems, and then have fun defining the Nightwing title in contrast.
    A book about Bruce and Dick in their prime as the dynamic duo? I wouldn't mind, but I don't think it would change much.

Yeah, preferably, a Batman and Robin series would be set in present day DC.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Here is a good break down of their relationship from the Bronze Age: https://thebatmanuniverse.net/batgirl-34/

It definitely wasn't one sided. Bronze Age Babs and 90's Babs were much stronger characters than the versions we've gotten since.
    I stand corrected! Thanks for this. I've seen some fandom discussions that lead me to believe this was more a one sided crush, big sister sort of vibe. Maybe they were Dick/Kory shippers

Schumacher's Batgirl was a composite of Barbara and Julia Pennyworth.
    Source for this? Not that I don't believe you, but Julia strikes me as too obscure to make it into such an adaptation. stranger things have happened though.

by Ivan Tao - Art Station.

Edit: Weird that this forum censor the name "Art Station" when both words are together.

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

While Teen Titans didn't have any great moments,imo, I think Dick using Miguel's constructs during fights is a cool idea that I hope stays around.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    So, no Nightwing Parabola this year. That's a bummer.
    At least is coming.

Thanks Hypo for the information.
    That's a shame... but not necessarily a bad thing as long as it doesn't quietly vanish like some other promising Black Label books.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I stand corrected! Thanks for this. I've seen some fandom discussions that lead me to believe this was more a one sided crush, big sister sort of vibe. Maybe they were Dick/Kory shippers
    It was a crush and mild infatuation on both sides. It wouldn't be until the 90's that DC would act like the two were always meant to be and Kory was just a stop gap for Dick and would selectively retcon their history to add more romantic elements to their history.

Source for this? Not that I don't believe you, but Julia strikes me as too obscure to make it into such an adaptation. stranger things have happened though.
    No source. But Julia is the one who is related to Alfred while Bette is related to Kathy. Thus Schumacher's Batgirl would be closer to Julia than Bette.

Astonishing Member

It was a crush and mild infatuation on both sides. It wouldn't be until the 90's that DC would act like the two were always meant to be and Kory was just a stop gap for Dick and would selectively retcon their history to add more romantic elements to their history.
    Yeah. This crush and mild infatuation appeared in Batman family, but it doesn't develop anymore.

NTT would start shortly after and Starfire will become Dick's love interest.

No source. But Julia is the one who is related to Alfred while Bette is related to Kathy. Thus Schumacher's Batgirl would be closer to Julia than Bette.
    It's possible they don't know Julia or Beth.

They need Barbara being related to Alfred to connect with the story they were trying to tell.

The age could just be the direction they want for the character.
    Last edited by Konja7; 02-11-2021 at 05:52 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, the one-side crush of Dick as Robin is one of the Dixon retcons. You can see it in Batgirl Year One.

The one-sided crush concept is that Dick/Robin as a 14-15 teenager has a crush on Barbara/Batgirl (that was older). This concept seems to be creation of Dixon, since this never happened in the comics at that time.

PS: Dick was 19 in the Batman Family comic, which seems to be the first time we see Dick and Barbara "flirting".
    Last edited by Konja7; 02-11-2021 at 03:34 AM.

While there was retcons, but its not like Dixon didn’t develop the romance with them as adults.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    While there was retcons, but its not like Dixon didn’t develop the romance with them as adults.
    Yeah, I think he's one of the main reasons it's as prevalent in the comics as it is (well, that and Dick's role in the Batfamily being what it is as well).

Nightwing #80 cover by Redondo!
    The solicits might be out tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/Bruno_Redondo_F/...255040/photo/1