Page 35 of 270 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585135 ... LastLast

Huh after Red X, looks like we can add another name to Dick Grayson’s resume thanks to Batman/Catwoman #3, spoilers read at own risk

spoilers:
    Commissioner Grayson, according to Tom King in his alternate future when Helena Wayne is Batwoman Dick Grayson becomes Police Commissioner of Gotham. Kind of ironic a former Robin is lighting up the bat signal for Bruce’s Daughter but hey nice to see Dick’s years as a police officer go somewhere.
    end of spoilers
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I didn't think I would enjoy FS Nightwing this much. I hoped I would, of course, but I didn't believe it. It's a great showing, imo. spoilers:
    Especially in terms of Dick's tactical and tech skills. Such a breath of fresh air… or rather a return to the glory days? Taylor has bigger shoes to fill than I thought, and now I'm actually a little excited for FS: Gotham. I hope we'll see Jace and Dick teaming up again. They have a fun dynamic. The glimpse at the resistance is cool as well. The only gripe I have is that Arkham was made out to be more than it is, and we got no explanation as to why Dick started working with the Arkham villains and what exactly A-Day is, though that probably came up in another Bat title I didn't read. Oh, and Dick being a car guy instead of a motorbike guy, is just a lie, but I'll forgive that, lol.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    Wasn't robin already with batman when they met superman? Dc makes it sound like robin came after the JL relationships. But robin was there at the beginning right?
    As Konja7 says, it depends on continuity. That's New Frontier, I think? At the moment, Dick has come into Bruce's life after the Justice League at least since the N52. But the order might have changed before that. Personally, I'll always think of Robin debuting before the JL, so I'm deliberately not keeping up with such changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    I think the sexualization of Nightwing can be a bit uncomfortable sometimes. Like it can be all in good fun but I don't want the uninitiated to think I'm into some cartoon fetish thing for liking the character.
    I also think Dick's sexualization gets a bit out of hand sometimes. Mostly because he is singled out. A lot of times it's the only official solo promotion he gets, which is sad to see as a fan. There was nothing stopping DC from promoting multiple heroes on Valentine's Day. Male and/or female.

That said, I enjoy the sexualization when it fits the story like when M points out Dick's best asset in Grayson, and while I rolled my eyes when Seeley & King named his butt cheeks it still fit the vibe and the Skull Girls. Being highly moral isn't their thing, and it's not as if they ever told Dick.

Sometimes it harms the story, though. Like when Dick got butt-grabbed in the recent Annual. That's just yikes. He should at least have gotten to defend himself.

I think the sexualization of Dick is great, in and of itself. But yeah, it can be painfully cringe when handled poorly and it's not a great thing when it's the only aspect of the character DC promotes. But it can also (and often is) amusing and helps gets his name out there to audiences who might not stumble upon him otherwise. I figure, if a new potential fan shows up for the cheesecake, they'll stay for the story. And if this is what it takes to get a bunch of twitter fans to buy a trade then great.

That valentine's day add was fantastic; the music and panel art was ridiculous and funny as hell and I see nothing wrong there. I laughed about that for half the day. As long as DC remembers that Dick is more than a pretty face and utilizes him well in the actual product I'm fine with them using his sex appeal in marketing.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Future State Nightwing #2 was great!
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    *Sigh*
    *Unzips*

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    Wasn't robin already with batman when they met superman? Dc makes it sound like robin came after the JL relationships. But robin was there at the beginning right?
    Golden and Silver Age before. Robin was there at the formation of Justice League.

Post Crisis I'm unclear. Dick became Robin in Year Three. Superman met Batman when he was alone. I only know they move Joker, Two-Face, Catwoman, and most of the rogues before Robin in Long Halloween.

New 52 Robin, the rogues, Superman and Justice League origins in the same year. 5 Years Ago was a busy year.

Rebirth... Dick was taken to the manor as a young child, became Robin at around 14-15 by his build in the flashback, then at 15-16 met the JL for the first time. Superman unclear. The rogues already existed in droves before Robin according to The War of Jokes and Riddles.

American Alien, Clark was inspired to become Superman after meeting Batman and Dick

Didio's unfulfilled timeline goes by Batman Year One, World's Finest and The Rogues Year Two, Robin and Justice League Year Three, Teen Titans Year Four

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Huh after Red X, looks like we can add another name to Dick Grayson’s resume thanks to Batman/Catwoman #3, spoilers read at own risk

spoilers:
    Commissioner Grayson, according to Tom King in his alternate future when Helena Wayne is Batwoman Dick Grayson becomes Police Commissioner of Gotham. Kind of ironic a former Robin is lighting up the bat signal for Bruce’s Daughter but hey nice to see Dick’s years as a police officer go somewhere.
    end of spoilers
    Seems like something that would happen in the King-verse.

Looking at teen titans academy do you think dick might need a second team because TTA don't look to be a team that will be on alot of mission fighting the bad guys. It looking alot more like gotham academy with teen titans. Will dick need a team that goes out on missions etc?

Incredible Member

Yes it was. Honestly best Nightwing showing in a very long time.

I agree, I really liked Dick and Jace's working relationship, I hope that gets carried over well into present day Jace stories or even the Future State Gotham ongoing.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

King-verse, haha, maybe it should gets its own official name? Earth-K?

It would be funny if Commissioner Grayson's son or daughter became Helena sidekick in that timeline.
    Kinda like what happened in Earth 2 Society.

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Oh, and i hope the electric Nunchaku made with the escrima sticks are here to stay, there were so badass!!

Extraordinary Member

Oh, and i hope the electric Nunchaku made with the escrima sticks are here to stay, there were so badass!!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dA6KPuUGQz4

They were a thing in Injustice first right? And then Arkham City and the New 52? I used to think it was super cool but now I think its a little visually distracting and takes away from Dick's acrobatics and the impact of his hits.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    They were a thing in Injustice first right? And then Arkham City and the New 52? I used to think it was super cool but now I think its a little visually distracting and takes away from Dick's acrobatics and the impact of his hits.
    Started with Arkham City.
    He didn't use much in the comics, i can only remember during the Higgins run.
    Last edited by Drako; 02-16-2021 at 12:56 PM.