Page 5 of 245 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 3665
  1. #61
    Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    5,199

    Default

    I'm excited to see what Tom Taylor does with Dick Grayson. I feel giddy to have such a huge name writing nightwing.

    My favourite Nightwing suit is the Discowing. The current suit is too distracting [or maybe it's just the art. too clingy]

  2. #62
    Ultimate Member Ascended's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    17,017

    Default

    That statue is pretty damn impressive. But what was that price, a grand? For a friggin' comic book statue? To rich for my blood.

    And yeah, I'm excited for Taylor too, Sparkles. I dunno if this is gonna turn out to be the kind of Nightwing I *want* but I expect it to be quality, and I'll take a well done Nightwing story any day of the week, even if it's not the story I would've told.

    Added Nightwing back to the pull list this week, in fact. Felt good.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

    ~ Black Panther.

  3. #63
    Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    5,199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    That statue is pretty damn impressive. But what was that price, a grand? For a friggin' comic book statue? To rich for my blood.

    And yeah, I'm excited for Taylor too, Sparkles. I dunno if this is gonna turn out to be the kind of Nightwing I *want* but I expect it to be quality, and I'll take a well done Nightwing story any day of the week, even if it's not the story I would've told.

    Added Nightwing back to the pull list this week, in fact. Felt good.
    Amen to that. The premise of Taylors book isn't what I'd normally hope for but he is a big name which it's about time and hopefully indicates that DC means business when it comes to nightwing.

    Taylor also can be relied on to tell decent stories with splashes of humour and the occasional emotional tugs. If nothing else we'll get a crowd pleasing story.

    Hope the Snyder project is still in the work though not as excited about that as I am about Taylors Nightwing

  4. #64
    Extraordinary Member AmiMizuno's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,431

    Default

    Any ideas you think the dog will be named?

  5. #65
    Astonishing Member Drako's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    BR
    Posts
    2,629

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Hope the Snyder project is still in the work though not as excited about that as I am about Taylors Nightwing
    He said he was two projects still unannounced for 2021. Hopefully one is Nightwing Parabola.

  6. #66
    Mighty Member WonderNight's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,451

    Default

    Yea I can't get excited about nightwing because of the dixon bat centered direction. But I hope it's good and we enjoy it.

  7. #67

  8. #68
    Mighty Member WonderNight's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,451

    Default

    What you guys preferred age gap between dick and bruce? I perfer it as 13 years, dick 26 and bruce 39.
    Last edited by WonderNight; 01-09-2021 at 04:25 AM.

  9. #69
    Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    5,199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    What you guys preferred age gap between dick and bruce? I perfer it as 13 years, dick 26 and bruce 39.
    I feel that it's important that Bruce encounters Dick at around the same age he was when he lost his folks. Dick should be around 8 and Bruce around 20.

    Dick should remind Bruce of himself in that alley

  10. #70
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    156

    Default


    I love the reason she realize she cut out with jonn.

  11. #71
    Mighty Member Avi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,292

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Any ideas you think the dog will be named?
    I think as people here suggested Nightpup would be a good name. No idea what Taylor will be going with, though. Could be anything. While he likes to use pets a lot in his runs I don't see him having a certain naming convention.

    The escrima look interesting, Mostert already drew them that way in the death metal tie-in, but I thought that was an apocalypse thing. So we still have the old logos here, huh? Kinda makes me miss Kory's solo. I hope the writer takes inspiration from that DickKory story and the recent JL metal tie-in. They shouldn't be uncomfortable in each other's presence. (ngl that "oh" is giving me anxiety, lol)

    Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    What you guys preferred age gap between dick and bruce? I perfer it as 13 years, dick 26 and bruce 39.
    11 years or sth between 10 to 13 years.

  12. #72
    Astonishing Member Drako's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    BR
    Posts
    2,629

    Default

    I didn't even notice the old logo in the title. At least this will released before issue 78.

    Dick Grayson: Through the Years by Tony Daniel. Too bad this was commissioned before Grayson was a thing, so this now feel incomplete.

  13. #73
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    8,358

    Default

    Look at those cheeks divided by the bike!

    Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    I feel that it's important that Bruce encounters Dick at around the same age he was when he lost his folks. Dick should be around 8 and Bruce around 20.

    Dick should remind Bruce of himself in that alley
    Same reasoning but I'd rather age up Bruce to 10-12 than make him debut as Batman when he's 18

  14. #74
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    683

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    I didn't even notice the old logo in the title. At least this will released before issue 78.

    Dick Grayson: Through the Years by Tony Daniel. Too bad this was commissioned before Grayson was a thing, so this now feel incomplete.
    Aye he covered the n52 suit and the most clean version too

  15. #75
    Astonishing Member Pohzee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    tOSU
    Posts
    2,999

    Default

    For Bruce to have travelled the world and become a master at everything, he'd basically need a PhD in crimefighting, so I wouldn't have him active until 26 or 27 right in his physical prime. I wouldn't have him take Dick on for a year or so, putting him at 28.

    I wouldn't have Dick start as Robin until 14, but lets say Bruce takes him in and trains him for a year or two at 12-13.

    That puts it at about 14 years. Certainly too little for Bruce to be a true father to Dick, but I've grown more favorably to the cool Uncle/best friend dynamic rather than the parental one.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

    Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •