Page 50 of 270 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100150 ... LastLast

Sneak peek of the next issue:

DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    It's explained in Alfred's letter
    No, I mean when it was revealed that Dick is gonna get money from Alfred I was expecting him to get few millions, not billions.

[QUOTE=HsssH;5432068]
    Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    It's explained in Alfred's letter/QUOTE]

No, I mean when it was revealed that Dick is gonna get money from Alfred I was expecting him to get few millions, not billions.
    Lets not even think about the stock options which do have to worth a lot of money given Wayne Industries reach, just consider the fact that Alfred was a live-in butler so he probably just stayed at Wayne Manor, not having to pay for property or anything, then consider that anything he paid for he probably just billed Bruce and wrote it off for a work expense or Bruce just covered it because he thinks of Alfred like a father.

So that's probably a couple of decades of having to not pay for food, house expenses, and etc., add on to that Alfred's natural salary because being a Butler was his job for Decades, and then add on his stock options and there you have a pretty little nest egg for Alfred.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    I mean, maybe he left money in his will for her too, we just didn't see it.
    That make sense so I'm going with it

Sneak peek of the next issue:

They got his sexy back

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I guess Lucius is just that good with investments

Is it explained if the other kids get any from the inheritance it? Even if it's something symbolic or something. If not, not cool, Alf. Not cool.

And with Alf I actually mean the writer.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Is it explained if the other kids get any from the inheritance it? Even if it's something symbolic or something. If not, not cool, Alf. Not cool.

No word on the other ex-Robins.

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

I mean it actually kind of makes sense if this was written a year ago like the letter says because you got to figure like this.

1. Jason is a little bit of a legal gray area I think because he was dead, and I’m pretty sure things were awkward in a way with giving Jason money since he’s a bit of a rouge Vigilante/constantly fighting with Bruce.

2. Tim I think has his own inheritance from the death of his parents

3. Damian’s only 13(?) so he couldn’t get the money anyway, plus Bruce will probably leave money to him

4. Remember that Dick was “Ric” vagabond taxi driver. He could have used the money then honestly.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

New issue was good. Art is another level, and the format was done well. Read fast though and didn’t really reveal anything we haven’t learned from the marketing. But what can you do, they have to market. So solid start, the makings are certainly here, but I think this isn’t going to gel with everyone. Because they are not reinventing the wheel here, this is very much a return to form in clear ways. And the form they are returning to is not everyone’s cup of tea anymore. After Ric though, I get it. They went so far one way and everyone rejected it that they now are making it very clear that they are going the other way here. The last creators swung out so badly with Ric and now they have to reset.

We’ll have to see what the new team does with these things though, and how they incorporate them. They made Dick saving a puppy more meaningful then anything he’s done in the past couple years. So I think they can make them cool and interesting. Or at least I hope they can.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 03-16-2021 at 05:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Taylor
    There are going to be life-changing moments for Dick. But the direction is all about reminding people why #Nightwing is one of the absolute best @DCComics heroes. Demonstrating his capability and his intelligence alongside his empathy and his humanity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Taylor
    He’s one of the world’s greatest detectives and one of the best fighters in the DC universe. That shouldn’t be ignored just because he’s humble and a little self-deprecating.
    If anything, Tom Taylor is saying all the right words!

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I mean it actually kind of makes sense if this was written a year ago like the letter says because you got to figure like this.

1. Jason is a little bit of a legal gray area I think because he was dead, and I’m pretty sure things were awkward in a way with giving Jason money since he’s a bit of a rouge Vigilante/constantly fighting with Bruce.

2. Tim I think has his own inheritance from the death of his parents

3. Damian’s only 13(?) so he couldn’t get the money anyway, plus Bruce will probably leave money to him

4. Remember that Dick was “Ric” vagabond taxi driver. He could have used the money then honestly.
    Jason is officially alive again, since like two years ago already. But I was thinking also about Tim, Cass, Damian, Steph and Julia. Especially Cass, who is in even a weaker possition than Dick. Julia, I guess, has been erased from continuity, or something.

And I meant symbolic, because I meant non profitable inheritance, which is something you let behind for those you cherrish, no matter if they have economic means to sustain themselves or not. And, you know, you mention them also in your will. Because they mean something to you. I want to believe they aren't mentioned in this because apparently, it's a personal letter. But if not, not cool.

He didn’t help raise the other kids.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 03-16-2021 at 05:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    He didn’t raise the other kids.
    So he didn't rise Jason, Tim or Cass. Or Damian. Have no emotional ties with them.

Ok.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 03-16-2021 at 05:46 AM.

Jason is officially alive again, since like two years ago already. But I was thinking also about Tim, Cass, Damian, Steph and Julia. Especially Cass, who is in even a weaker possitikn than Dick. Julia, I guess, has been erased from continuity, or something.

And I meant symbolic, because I meant non profitable inheritance, which is something you let behind for those you cherrish, no matter if they have economic means to sustain themselves or not. And, you know, you mention them also in your will. Because they mean something to you. I want to believe they aren't mentioned in this because apparently, it's a personal letter. But if not, not cool.
    Dick didn't read Alfred's will. He read a letter that Alfred wrote for him.

Also, Barbara mentioned they read the will sometime ago, probably in that special DC realeased after Alfred's death. Dick didn't know about the money cause he was Ric at the time.

Dick didn't read Alfred's will. He read a letter that Alfred wrote for him.

Also, Barbara mentioned they read the will sometime ago, probably in that special DC realeased after Alfred's death. Dick didn't know about the money cause he was Ric at the time.
    Ok, so there was some kind of will. Good. I hope they git to get any kind of memento from Alfred, to be honest.

Amazing Member

The writer was clever here: Dick missed the reading of the will (because it was Rick at the time)and considering that, he can show us only the part about him.
    Alfred certainly left something to others as well, but it is up to other authors to explore.
    (after this story, however, I wouldn't be surprised if he left more to Dick than Bruce).