Page 51 of 270 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Really strong start. It has been a long time since I was as optimistic about Dick's case as I am now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    He didn’t help raise the other kids.
    Well, he did. Especially Damian.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    So he didn't rise Jason, Tim or Cass. Or Damian. Have no emotional ties with them.

Ok.
    He didn’t. Jason died, Tim had a home and family, and Cass and Steph he barely has a relationship with. I know some like to make it seem as they are all equal with equal relationships and all that, but they’re not. Julia has a case though. Ill say that.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 03-16-2021 at 05:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Well, he did. Especially Damian.
    Damian, who he told to get lost when his Dad couldn’t remember him. Damian hasn’t even been raised yet. That’s still in process.

Quote Originally Posted by mib86 View Post
    The writer was clever here: Dick missed the reading of the will (because it was Rick at the time)and considering that, he can show us only the part about him.
    Alfred certainly left something to others as well, but it is up to other authors to explore.
    (after this story, however, I wouldn't be surprised if he left more to Dick than Bruce).
    Before Alfred death, Bruce was still a Billionaire. It's just now that he is a millionaire. What a shame, being just a millionaire. XD
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Astonishing Member

I had high hopes for this having read Tom Taylor's Batman Annual #3, Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man run particularly #14. I recommended it to a number of posters in this thread. Did you read it?

I've just finished Nightwing #78 and I wasn't disappointed. Dick Grayson and his fans have deserved something like this for a while after the Ric debacle.

This was a great beginning. Nothing mindblowing, but it was enough to keep me around. I hope it doesn't meet the same fate as Seeley's did.

Besides, I adore the art on the book. For that alone, it's worth checking out.

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    I had high hopes for this having read Tom Taylor's Batman Annual #3, Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man run particularly #14. I recommended it to a number of posters in this thread. Did you read it?

I've just finished Nightwing #78 and I wasn't disappointed. Dick Grayson and his fans have deserved something like this for a while after the Ric debacle.
    All-New Wolverine and Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man were the first Marvel books i read in decades, waiting for his Nightwing. Not disappointed in either of those, specially Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man that is really, really great.
    Last edited by Drako; 03-16-2021 at 06:01 AM.

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Jason died, Tim had a home and family, and Cass and Steph he barely has a relationship with. I know some like to make it seem as they are all equal with equal relationships and all that, but they’re not. Julia has a case though. Ill say that.
    So, in your opinion, all those times Alfred showed them close affection and care are lies. Just regular companionship between mere friends or business partners. They were just there, they're no familly. And if they were, there're lower familly that doesn't deserve recognition. Not the same level Dick deserves.

Incredible Member

So he didn't rise Jason, Tim or Cass. Or Damian. Have no emotional ties with them.

Ok.
    In all fairness to the writer and continuity Dick out of all of them spent years with him. The others were with him to varying degrees but not the same amount of time and care as Dick.

Astonishing Member

Damian, who he told to get lost when his Dad couldn’t remember him. Damian hasn’t even been raised yet. That’s still in process.
    I think they prefer to ignore that part of their story.
    This does not negate the fact that for Alfred, Damian was no less close than Dick and Bruce, which was repeatedly emphasized.
    And in fact, it is rather strange to argue who he loved more and who less.

So, in your opinion, all those times Alfred showed them close affection and care are lies. Just regular companionship between mere friends or business partners. They were just there, they're no familly. And if they were, there're lower familly that doesn't deserve recognition. Not the same level Dick deserves.
    Listen no one is devaluing their relationship, they all cared about Alfred and Alfred cared about them to as seen in a number of different stories. But aside from Bruce, Alfred knew Dick the longest. Dick spent almost a decade or more as Robin at the Wayne Manor living with them and when he moved out he was like a son who came to visit.

Jason lived there too but he died a few years after (I’m not really sure how long Jason was Robin, I assume 3 years at most) so he didn’t get to stay as long and when he came back he was a villain for a little while until he calmed down.

Tim was more a neighbor until Bruce officially adopted him after the death of his father, and even that was only like a year until Damian showed up.

Damian was 10 when he showed up, and is now only 13(?) so Alfred had like three years with the kid.

I’m not saying Alfred didn’t love the other Robins, but he knew Dick the longest out of all of them and had the better relationship with outside of Damian.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I think it's pretty well established that there are all family, they love him and he loved them back.

But Dick was the first and he was Robin for 40 years IRL, his relationship with Alfred is more developed, even if the current continuity is more compressed.

Incredible Member

If everything supposedly happened in continuity he helped raise Dick from about Damians age to an adult before he left to strike out in his own. That’s significantly more time than the other kids. I’m not saying they don’t matter but that’s along time.

Alfred shows pretty much everyone affection and care. But everyone wasn’t taken in by Bruce and Alfred like Dick was, and then raise by them as he was. Its not that they are not family, but they don’t all have the same relationship just because they are Batfamily. Dick and Alfred can have a moment with out having to consider every other member of the Batfamily cause they aren’t all the same, and they don’t all just inherit the same relationships because they are in the family. Alfred explain why he wanted Dick to have it. He’s making an investment in the second person he’s most invested in, and the person he thinks could do the most good with his investment. Like it or not he doesn’t have this kind of relationship with the others except for with Bruce. Not even Damian who they wanted nothing to do with until Dick brought him into the fold.

If you follow one of the themes of the issue, money and wealth corrupts. So Alfred gave his wealth to the person he most trusted would do good with. That circus boy who wanted nothing but to help. His second son.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 03-16-2021 at 06:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OWL45 View Post
    If everything supposedly happened in continuity he helped raise Dick from about Damians age to an adult before he left to strike out in his own. That’s significantly more time than the other kids. I’m not saying they don’t matter but that’s along time.
    Going by that logic, you would love your older children allways the most. Don't get me wrong, I get where you are coming from, but I need to point out this logic that, to be honest, I don't like.

But anyways. It's a personal letter, not a will. It's also meta to some level. Whatever.

The issue is good then, right?