Page 59 of 270 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109159 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Wait. Hold on. I didn't know it's the Nightwing's birthday party in TTA today. What age and which timeline are we using?
    If it's New 52 he should be 25
    If it's Post Crisis he should be 30
    So? Which is it? Did they even mention his age? I'm gonna guess not.
    LOL. One of the new students said that “Mr. Nightwing” is “turning...old.” Which means he is 81 (or might as well be in the mind of a teenager).

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Wait. Hold on. I didn't know it's the Nightwing's birthday party in TTA today. What age and which timeline are we using?
    If it's New 52 he should be 25
    If it's Post Crisis he should be 30
    So? Which is it? Did they even mention his age? I'm gonna guess not.
    Currently listening to an interview with Tim Sheridan where he mentioned the characters don't have set ages. The only thing that matters is that the faculty are all adults because they need to be capable of being mentors apparently, lol. Can't say I disagree anyways.

Edit: Okay, wasn't expecting this but we hear about his approach to interacting with the Nightwing book, which is that it doesn't really interact at all. Not sure if that frees him up to do anything he wants with Nightwing, but at the very least we're probably not going to see any explanations for how Dick is both faculty and in Bludhaven doing Bludhaven things. Not sure how that plays into the Kory and Babs front either.
    Last edited by Grayson - The Dark Heir; 03-23-2021 at 07:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    Currently listening to an interview with Tim Sheridan where he mentioned the characters don't have set ages. The only thing that matters is that the faculty are all adults because they need to be capable of being mentors apparently, lol. Can't say I disagree anyways.
    Yeah fair enough, personally I was never much for the idea that somehow characters like Raven and Beast Boy were the same age as Wallace West or perhaps Tim Drake. I’m just going to chalk it up to when the universe fixed itself from Death Metal and gave everyone continuity it properly aged up some characters.

Also if you don’t mind me asking, which interview?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Edit: Okay, wasn't expecting this but we hear about his approach to interacting with the Nightwing book, which is that it doesn't really interact at all. Not sure if that frees him up to do anything he wants with Nightwing, but at the very least we're probably not going to see any explanations for how Dick is both faculty and in Bludhaven doing Bludhaven things. Not sure how that plays into the Kory and Babs front either.
    Ah so business as usual then. Dick never calls for Titans when he's in Bludhaven except for the one guest star (Walls)

Alright. Since I like everything canon I'm going with Dick 30, Gar 21, Miguel 19 (I'm averaging him at 16 in New 52 I don't remember if they ever actually say his age)

Billy... he's 10 when Tim's 12-13... good this makes things easier... +4-5 years to the end of Post... 14-15... the same throughout New 52... hey that fits... +3 Rebirth... Billy's 17-18
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 03-23-2021 at 08:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Yeah fair enough, personally I was never much for the idea that somehow characters like Raven and Beast Boy were the same age as Wallace West or perhaps Tim Drake. I’m just going to chalk it up to when the universe fixed itself from Death Metal and gave everyone continuity it properly aged up some characters.

Also if you don’t mind me asking, which interview?
    https://twitter.com/ComicWatchHQ/sta...861716995?s=20

Here you go, he went deeper with stuff than I was expecting at points so I'm glad I checked this out when I did lol.

https://twitter.com/ComicWatchHQ/sta...861716995?s=20

Here you go, he went deeper with stuff than I was expecting at points so I'm glad I checked this out when I did lol.
    I like Sheridan more and more. Great that he got to do the birthday story as a comic even if not in the ttg series.
    And that "A Lonely Place of Dying" informs his approach to Dick makes me look forward to his take, especially in combination with TTA. He clearly sees Dick as a big brother figure.

TTA was fine. I’m still just struggling with the concept. Never been big on the idea of them as teachers. They just keep finding ways to make that gen feel older and older. And everyone was very goodie goodie teachers. I don’t know, not my favorite look.

It seems to clash with Gar's characterization to be a teacher figure (which could make it interesting) but its just kind of out of place for most of the rest of the Titans.

Except Dick. It really seems like a natural progression for the first superhero trainee to become a trainer and mentor.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

I like Dick as a cool big brother mentor. The whole Mr. Nightwing though lack’s the personal touch that makes those relationships for me. Turns it formal and impersonal, and takes the cool factor out of it.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 03-24-2021 at 12:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I like Dick as a cool big brother mentor. The whole Mr. Nightwing though lack’s the personal touch that makes those relationships for me. Turns it formal and impersonal, and takes the cool factor out of it.
    I mean, I feel like that can still be there even if they call him "Mr. Nightwing." He's just that kind of teacher (you know the one ).

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    The options are Haley, Shadow, Blue & Hope. Should be Haley from the beginning.
    I cant believe Bludhound wasnt on the list

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I feel like he has two reasons for this, first he probably doesn’t want his students just randomly visiting his apartment in bludhaven especially the Bat pack who would no doubt bug him to meet Batman.

Second....look he’s not telling a bunch of teenagers that he wants to treat him with authority and respect as Teacher that his first name is Dick. No way does he want those kids having that ammo.

It’s a little like this

Last edited by sifighter; 03-24-2021 at 01:24 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Taylor opens the poll of Bitewing's civilian name on Twitter for non US readers. Same options.
    https://twitter.com/TomTaylorMade/st...57908311801856

Haley and Blue are pretty much neck and neck on that one. Only 0.8% difference between them.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Someone on reddit said the name should be balls