Page 62 of 270 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112162 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Can't see if it's been mentioned, by the way, but the Elseworlds in Yang's "Batman and Superman" show the characters in very classic set ups - so Clark is competing with Lois for stories and working with Jimmy, and Bruce is doing the full Dynamic Duo thing with Dick. Fun first issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Nightwing will appear in Wonder Girl. Don't know if it's just a cameo.

Edit: Looks like it's just a reaction shot.
    Oh hey, Cassie too .

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Nightwing will appear in Wonder Girl. Don't know if it's just a cameo.

Edit: Looks like it's just a reaction shot.
    And the other half of that image is Cassie! So it looks like Wonder Girl will be reacting to a new Wonder Girl showing up. That should be interesting!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    Can't see if it's been mentioned, by the way, but the Elseworlds in Yang's "Batman and Superman" show the characters in very classic set ups - so Clark is competing with Lois for stories and working with Jimmy, and Bruce is doing the full Dynamic Duo thing with Dick. Fun first issue.
    Just read that issue this past weekend.

Damned fine issue, especially for fans of the old 40s era serials and the Golden Age in general. And Yang's voice for this young Dick Grayson is pretty damn perfect; he's capable and confident, still acts like a kid, and is just so damn fun I found myself smiling almost every time he had a line of dialogue.

Yang isn't someone I ever considered for Nightwing, but after that B/S issue, I sure as hell wouldn't argue with him taking a shot at the main canon, adult Grayson.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

How do you guys feel that in almost ever comic Dick's disco suit is cannon

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Overjoyed. I love the Discowing suit (and the OG Robin costume).

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

It’s a busy George Pérez original, and should always be canon.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I never like the color or design but I always like incorporating history so they kind of balance out to neutrality

All-New Member

Elated. I love the look, it has the same silhouette as an acrobat outfit ( like fellow former circus performer, Deadman). In that respect, it's timeless and a nice nod to his acrobat background. Also, acknowledging a Perez design is always a good thing.

It's great. I've always liked the suit. There are of course some artists that make it look a lot better than others, but, yeah, I like it.

On the topic of Dick's original Nightwing suit, do you all think we'll ever get a celebration of Nightwing's Anniversary? Does the identity warrant one?

Astonishing Member

Same - I love DiscoWing as part of his history the same way I love Electric Superman or All-Black Batman and even accept and am okay with Pirate-Hook Aquaman. All these guys have phases and most of them are worthy of nostalgia (except maybe the Wonder Woman costume that kind of looked like a stereotypical prostitute, not implying or shaming prostitutes, just don't think it was a particularly great look for Wonder Woman in function, form, design, or tonally.)

I even love the notion that his first grab at his new identity post-Robin wasn't particularly very refined. Bird-motif was a little nonexistent, went a little too deep into Circus look - possible his fashion photographer and super-model best friend and girlfriend were influencing him with these really extreme design choices.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Not a huge fan of it, super goofy looking like the original Robin costume and the green panties... But like the Robin costume, it's part of his history and I can respect it being canon.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    It's great. I've always liked the suit. There are of course some artists that make it look a lot better than others, but, yeah, I like it.

On the topic of Dick's original Nightwing suit, do you all think we'll ever get a celebration of Nightwing's Anniversary? Does the identity warrant one?
    In what supposed to be the 30th anniversary he was strapped to Murder Machine, killed, retired, then became a secret agent, but the hater's gone now, and the 40th anniversary is still 3 years away so we'll see

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    Same - I love DiscoWing as part of his history the same way I love Electric Superman or All-Black Batman and even accept and am okay with Pirate-Hook Aquaman. All these guys have phases and most of them are worthy of nostalgia (except maybe the Wonder Woman costume that kind of looked like a stereotypical prostitute, not implying or shaming prostitutes, just don't think it was a particularly great look for Wonder Woman in function, form, design, or tonally.)

I even love the notion that his first grab at his new identity post-Robin wasn't particularly very refined. Bird-motif was a little nonexistent, went a little too deep into Circus look - possible his fashion photographer and super-model best friend and girlfriend were influencing him with these really extreme design choices.
    I don't think Donna and Kori had anything to do with the first Nightwing suit? Kori did design the second one though.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.