Page 63 of 270 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113163 ... LastLast

Not surprised that Haley won. It was the only non-generic name. What I don't like is that even more people will write Haly's wrong now...

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    In what supposed to be the 30th anniversary he was strapped to Murder Machine, killed, retired, then became a secret agent, but the hater's gone now, and the 40th anniversary is still 3 years away so we'll see
    Touché. At least the secret agent bit wasn't bad. For most.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I don't think Donna and Kori had anything to do with the first Nightwing suit? Kori did design the second one though.
    Didn't Alfred make the first suit out of John's old Flying Grayson costume? Considering Taylor is focusing on Alfred's and Dick's relationship that would be a cool thing to bring back. But I also like the idea that Dick's over-the-top-ness was encouraged by Donna and Kory.

Also for the Nightwing #250 milestone issue he was running around as Ric, lol. Then for the upcoming Detective Comics #1038 issue which marks the 1000th anniversary issue for Dick's first appearance he isn't even in the story. Anniversary stuff hasn't been great for him so far.

The next milestone/anniversary would be Nightwing issue #300 which should be soon I think, but odds are DC isn't going to do anything for it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I don't think Donna and Kori had anything to do with the first Nightwing suit? Kori did design the second one though.
    Wasn’t that the faux kori

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Also for the Nightwing #250 milestone issue he was running around as Ric, lol. Then for the upcoming Detective Comics #1038 issue which marks the 1000th anniversary issue for Dick's first appearance he isn't even in the story. Anniversary stuff hasn't been great for him so far.

The next milestone/anniversary would be Nightwing issue #300 which should be soon I think, but odds are DC isn't going to do anything for it.
    4 + 153 + 30 + 78 = 265 issues of Nightwing. If you count Grayson you can add another 20 to that. Anniversary is either one year away or three depending on if you include Grayson, assuming Nightwing ships 12 issues a year.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

The pup has a name.

Extraordinary Member

The pup has a name.
    just so cute

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Just read that issue this past weekend.

Damned fine issue, especially for fans of the old 40s era serials and the Golden Age in general. And Yang's voice for this young Dick Grayson is pretty damn perfect; he's capable and confident, still acts like a kid, and is just so damn fun I found myself smiling almost every time he had a line of dialogue.

Yang isn't someone I ever considered for Nightwing, but after that B/S issue, I sure as hell wouldn't argue with him taking a shot at the main canon, adult Grayson.
    With that in mind...
    https://www.comicsbeat.com/interview...mpression=true

"Between Batman and Robin – I love Batman as a character, I think every character does – but I feel this tighter affinity for Robin. I like Robin a little bit more."

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post

I don't think they are looking that closely at Dick's overall Issues. But they seem to have something planned for #100 at least. That'll probably be the soonest celebration of anything and will fall into '23. Without Grayson that would leave us at Issue #287.

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    What I don't like is that even more people will write Haly's wrong now...
    Seriously.

Glad Haley won, but it should have been "Haly."

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    Not surprised that Haley won. It was the only non-generic name. What I don't like is that even more people will write Haly's wrong now...
    Well, people still write Damien instead of Damian and Connor instead of Conner (Superboy). At least the Haly name doesn't come up in discussions so often.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Haly's always referred to a man, not sure if the name can be used for anyone, but Haley is definitely used for women so it fits the little pupper given we know it's female.

Sneak peek from a future issue of Nightwing.

https://twitter.com/TomTaylorMade/st...49035922731011
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    Haly's always referred to a man,
    How is it gender specific? Haly is a surname, not a first name.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Sneak peek from a future issue of Nightwing.

https://twitter.com/TomTaylorMade/st...49035922731011
    Deathstroke and... Brutale?

No. Brutale is in Lazarus Tournament. Is this island a dumping ground for Nightwing villains or something? That's 7 already, and 2 more are in Suicide Squad.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 04-01-2021 at 06:27 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Deathstroke and... Brutale?

No. Brutale is in Lazarus Tournament. Is this island a dumping ground for Nightwing villains or something? That's 7 already, and 2 more are in Suicide Squad.
    Danm that’s a lot nightwing villains
    Even the on offs Double Dare, it makes me excited tho as Nightwing fan