Page 68 of 270 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278118168 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 4044
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I'm always surprised when I'm reminded that Dick has spent most of his live action adaptations on tv and only been in 2 major Batman films.
    https://64.media.tumblr.com/603539c1...7c5441e02b.jpg
    Last edited by Primal Slayer; 04-10-2021 at 06:03 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    They should've had Batgirl finish off that story. Babs would've known what Dick had been investigating, as they were in regular contact.
    The shameless interruptions they would do always irritated me. I love dicks loyalty to Bruce, but he has so many allies and partners, someone else could have helped him that night

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I'm always surprised when I'm reminded that Dick has spent most of his live action adaptations on tv and only been in 2 major Batman films.
    https://64.media.tumblr.com/603539c1...7c5441e02b.jpg
    Hopefully that changes. It's time for Dick on the modern big screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    The shameless interruptions they would do always irritated me. I love dicks loyalty to Bruce, but he has so many allies and partners, someone else could have helped him that night
    They really are shameless interruptions. And it's not as if any monetary gain was made. Especially in this latest case. It was just another way to keep Dick away from the greater DCU.

I mean, editorial did this despite writers offering other solutions. Nightwing dropped below 20k. Titans got axed soon after he left. Sejic very likely left JLO/DC because he had to redraw JLO for that reason. Dick appeared on one of the original pages he showed.

And all that because some higher-ups hated the character. It's truly pathetic.

It really is. Gods know I've bitched about that plenty over the years but I really wish I could get Didio for ten minutes, and get a straight answer out of him concerning Dick's treatment. Where was the gain? Who actually benefitted from their handling of the character and who the hell thought it was actually good for business?

I rolled that situation around in my head far more than I should have, applied everything I know about business to it, checked my own fandom at the door so it wouldn't sway my observations, and could not come up with a reasonable excuse for how Nightwing got handled. And I'd love to find out if there was something there that I simply hadn't considered or if it really was just personal opinion clouding business decisions. I'd like to think a high ranking administrator wouldn't be so f*cking stupid and selfish as to sabotage a IP for their own personal biases, but nothing else makes sense to me and that just pisses me off so much.

Thank the gods that seems to be a thing of the past. Maybe the new people won't handle Nightwing the way I'd like to see, and they'll certainly approve stories and directions that won't pan out. But I don't think it'll be intentional sabotage; they seem to want Nightwing to be successful and seem willing to put their money where their mouth is. I'm quite happy to put all the Didio stuff behind us and move forward into a brighter future. Nice that the company isn't trying to sink this ship anymore.
    Last edited by Ascended; 04-11-2021 at 08:39 AM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I honestly feel it was the Bateditors because they limit his outside use many times. I want more than just the Batfam appearing in his books. Is there any confirmation of other heroes in his comics? I'm curious would Dick be able to carry his own animated film or show? Because if Dc can't allow us to have a movie maybe a show. So it seems Dick will appear in Harley Quinn. I wish they made hints like the Titans are helping since the JL is gone. Well the main ones. What were the others doing?

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I honestly feel it was the Bateditors because they limit his outside use many times. I want more than just the Batfam appearing in his books. Is there any confirmation of other heroes in his comics? I'm curious would Dick be able to carry his own animated film or show? Because if Dc can't allow us to have a movie maybe a show. So it seems Dick will appear in Harley Quinn. I wish they made hints like the Titans are helping since the JL is gone. Well the main ones. What were the others doing?
    If Dick ever truly grows they think it would diminish Bruce. I think the opposite is true, if the former Robins can't ever truly spread their wings then Bruce is a failure as a teacher.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Shawn was cool and all, but i wouldn't say she is memorable.

What was memorable was the melt down some people had when she thought she was pregnant. LOL Funny days.

Better than Batman, Nightwing must die and Raptor's Revenge was Seeley best work on Nightwing.

If i had to rank this book by arcs before the Ric stuff it would be like this:

1 - Better than Batman
    2 - Raptor's Revenge
    3 - Nightwing must die
    4 - The Untouchable
    5 - Blockbuster
    6 - Back to Bludhaven
    7 - The Bleeding Edge

The Bleeding Edge didn't even had a proper ending (which was a shame tho) so it get the last spot.
    Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but wasn't there a dip in quality for Raptor's Revenge? I think art was much weaker and there even were some spelling mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but wasn't there a dip in quality for Raptor's Revenge? I think art was much weaker and there even were some spelling mistakes.
    Artwise, yes. Javi Fernandez didn't draw all of the arc. But it had great moments and i really like the last issue.

Can't say anything about spelling mistakes, cause i read once when it came out and then i reread when i bought the TPB here, but that was translated to portuguese.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

It's happening. Someone made a roleplay blog of Bitewing

"listen. listen. if he insists on leaving his escrima sticks out on the couch then i will use them to play fetch it's how the world works"

- Bitewingbarks

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    If Dick ever truly grows they think it would diminish Bruce. I think the opposite is true, if the former Robins can't ever truly spread their wings then Bruce is a failure as a teacher.
    I hope that with the new writer. We get to see Dick more outside Batfam. Is there any plans to have Dick go outside ?

I hope that with the new writer. We get to see Dick more outside Batfam. Is there any plans to have Dick go outside ?
    Not as far as I can tell. In one of the Youtube interviews, Redondo said they won't focus on the Titans, and all they have been teasing on Twitter are Tim and more Babs. No word on any of Dick's previous supporting casts making reappearances. Maybe after the Heartless arc...

The issue is if they put Babs together with Dick. I worry that they will once again chain him down. At least he is appearing
    Outside like in Joelle's Wonder Girl. I hope he at least mKwa appearances outside of Batfam comics from time to time. Be nice to see him and Superman

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Taylor confirmed Dick is now much richer than Bruce
    https://twitter.com/TomTaylorMade/st...71824682635264

Extraordinary Member

The issue is if they put Babs together with Dick. I worry that they will once again chain him down. At least he is appearing
    Outside like in Joelle's Wonder Girl. I hope he at least mKwa appearances outside of Batfam comics from time to time. Be nice to see him and Superman
    Why do see pairing as chains? that a bleak look on relationships. Considering Titans academy is going on simultaneously he will be fine

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Why do see pairing as chains? that a bleak look on relationships. Considering Titans academy is going on simultaneously he will be fine
    Becuase editors did this to him before. I don't think their relationship will be bleak has only has editors don't have a hold on him like last time.

You guys think WB will ever take the risk on Nightwing solo movie? If so what should play Nightwing? To be honest I want an unknown
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 04-13-2021 at 10:21 AM.