Page 78 of 270 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288128178 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 4044

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Wouldn't it sold out faster thanks to the collectors and scalpers?
    Don't think it would. Comic shops order a lot of #1s from a new series, especially popular ones. That would offset any collectors I think. It is why there is such a massive drop off in orders from issue #1 to #2. Variant covers play a part, but also the shelf life of a new #1 issue for a series is a lot longer than for some random # in an ongoing title. Since shops can sell that #1 a lot easier over time and it also has the highest chance to go up in value over time too. So there is a lot more incentive to over order for a new #1s than over order for something like Nightwing #78 even if it got a new creative team. But Taylor's Nightwing run selling out for two straight issues is really good. It doesn't even look like Bendis' JL did that.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Don't think it would. Comic shops order a lot of #1s from a new series, especially popular ones. That would offset any collectors I think. It is why there is such a massive drop off in orders from issue #1 to #2. Variant covers play a part, but also the shelf life of a new #1 issue for a series is a lot longer than for some random # in an ongoing title. Since shops can sell that #1 a lot easier over time and it also has the highest chance to go up in value over time too. So there is a lot more incentive to over order for a new #1s than over order for something like Nightwing #78 even if it got a new creative team. But Taylor's Nightwing run selling out for two straight issues is really good. It doesn't even look like Bendis' JL did that.
    Right. The massive number is from the shop getting ready, not individual buyers. Forgot about that.

I was surprised from the other thread that Nightwing's Comichron number is so low considering how popular it is annd that it sold out but that's probably because the stores don't order that much compared to the number ones. Crime Syndicate is higher, that surprised me, but it's a #1.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    This new cover for Nightwing 79 is so awesome!

Love it. Redondo's Robin is a joy. The difference in facial expression is also great. I get that Redondo left out Batman, but I wish he would have found a place for Agent 37/Grayson.

I wonder if it would have still sold out if they gave this run a new #1 over just continuing with the old Rebirth numbering.

Edit: I also wonder what other new creative teams that didn't have their books relaunched also sold out. Like Bendis' JL or Tynion's Batman.
    Maybe it would have. The #1's of the New 52 and Grayson both got a 2nd Printing. Rebirth didn't, though.

Batman #106 got a reprint too.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Man. Jamal Campbell knows what he is doing. I'm looking forward to his story in Batman B & W next week, and I hope he stays on the Variants even if it's on and off.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I've got a nagging suspicion that Melinda will be revealed to be Dick's half-sister or something like that... call me crazy but the solicit or whatever worries me a little :

"And in Nightwing #82 on July 20, Melinda Zucco’s connection to the man who killed Dick Grayson’s parents wasn’t a surprise to the Blüdhaven hero, but what the former Robin discovers about Melinda’s ties to the Flying Graysons leaves the usually upbeat detective speechless!"
    My first thought too, and I hope we are wrong.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

There he is

I... didn't expect him to be that buff in this title, because usually they have The Brave and The Bold art style that's pretty simplistic
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 04-24-2021 at 04:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I've got a nagging suspicion that Melinda will be revealed to be Dick's half-sister or something like that... call me crazy but the solicit or whatever worries me a little :

"And in Nightwing #82 on July 20, Melinda Zucco’s connection to the man who killed Dick Grayson’s parents wasn’t a surprise to the Blüdhaven hero, but what the former Robin discovers about Melinda’s ties to the Flying Graysons leaves the usually upbeat detective speechless!"
    Not the type of answers for a mystery that i enjoy. I don't really like this type of connections, but it worked with Raptor, so we'll see. I hope you're wrong.

Looks like the long hair Nightwing is back, i fought they had discarded this "design" choice.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Future State: Gotham #3 variant

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Nightwing #80 sneak peak:

Ugh, wrong Robin. But I get it’s a nod to Dixon’s train issue.

I wonder if it would have still sold out if they gave this run a new #1 over just continuing with the old Rebirth numbering.

Edit: I also wonder what other new creative teams that didn't have their books relaunched also sold out. Like Bendis' JL or Tynion's Batman.
    Maybe it is going to be better in the long run this way. Selling out two months in a row does give some momentum, makes it sound like the book is delivering and that attracts new people.

As for Nightwing getting a half-sister, this honestly might be a deal breaker for me.

Selling out is good and bad. It signifies an upward trend but also means DC isn’t producing enough/shops didn’t order enough. Ric and Jurgens dug a big hole, and shops used previous months as an order basis. A #1 might not have sold out because shops would have ordered more, but overall would have sold more, but because of how low the book was selling shops now just aren’t ordering enough.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 04-24-2021 at 06:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post

There he is

I... didn't expect him to be that buff in this title, because usually they have The Brave and The Bold art style that's pretty simplistic
    I hope Dick doesn't job to Talon here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I'm sure we'll get to Damian at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Maybe it is going to be better in the long run this way. Selling out two months in a row does give some momentum, makes it sound like the book is delivering and that attracts new people.

As for Nightwing getting a half-sister, this honestly might be a deal breaker for me.
    If she is Dick's sister the best thing we can hope for is that she goes the way of Alfred's daughter and gets written out and forgotten about after this run.

It probably ties back into the things I've been saying about how worthless Bldudhaven is. Where a Taylor has to create a sister for Dick and then stick her in Bludhaven and make her mayor to try and give some personal connection to the city since he has none, but this is such awful way to go about it if this turns out to be what it is. It would be so forced.

Selling out is good and bad. It signifies an upward trend but also means DC isn’t producing enough/shops didn’t order enough. Ric and Jurgens dug a big hole, and shops used previous months as an order basis. A #1 might not have sold out because shops would have ordered more, but overall would have sold more, but because of how low the book was selling shops now just aren’t ordering enough.
    I think Nightwing was selling okay again at the end of Jurgens run because of the Joker War tie in. That gave it a decent boost. They weren't great, but the numbers probably jumped up to Nighwing's more traditional baseline.
    Last edited by Badou; 04-24-2021 at 03:04 PM.

Astonishing Member

Eh, I like Damian - but we get quite a lot of Dick and Damian together, and his relationship with Tim has been comparatively forgotten. Especially for those years when Tim and Jason were basically joined at the hip in Batfamily crossovers.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    Eh, I like Damian - but we get quite a lot of Dick and Damian together, and his relationship with Tim has been comparatively forgotten. Especially for those years when Tim and Jason were basically joined at the hip in Batfamily crossovers.
    They had waffles

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    Oh yeah, I remember during the Eternals they'd always pair Tim and Jason up (or Jason and Babs).