Page 79 of 270 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389129179 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 4044

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I think Nightwing was selling okay again at the end of Jurgens run because of the Joker War tie in. That gave it a decent boost. They weren't great, but the numbers probably jumped up to Nighwing's more traditional baseline.
    Unfortunately we got a couple more months of Jurgens after Joker War to deflate the tie in boost. Which only last one or two months before settling back to where they were.

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    Eh, I like Damian - but we get quite a lot of Dick and Damian together, and his relationship with Tim has been comparatively forgotten. Especially for those years when Tim and Jason were basically joined at the hip in Batfamily crossovers.
    Cause there is an actual dynamic there. Compared to him and Tim, where mostly it’s just Dick shilling telling readers how wonderful Tim is. Yawn. Let it be forgotten. There’s no meat there. Its your awesome, no your awesome.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 04-24-2021 at 07:49 PM.

I’ve really loved the two Taylor issues so far. I hope that he builds up Dick’s rogues gallery. All the villains Dixon created for Nightwing have been forgotten and writers usually just have him go up against Batman villains. Hopefully this Heartless guy will be interesting. Had a pretty shocking debut that’s for sure.

Incredible Member

Eh, hard to call Dick the big brother for all Robins if he doesn't have substantial interactions with them besides Damian. Hopefully we'll get a Nightwing - Red Hood meeting too.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Cause there is an actual dynamic there. Compared to him and Tim, where mostly it’s just Dick shilling telling readers how wonderful Tim is. Yawn. Let it be forgotten. There’s no meat there. Its your awesome, no your awesome.
    It's the same dynamic he has with Barbara and you people seem to be OK with that.

I hate this run, I don't see the value on keep hammering the past, they should be able to offer something more than nostalgy. And no, a secret half sister it's not something new.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    Eh, hard to call Dick the big brother for all Robins if he doesn't have substantial interactions with them besides Damian. Hopefully we'll get a Nightwing - Red Hood meeting too.
    He’s the oldest. On that basis alone he’s the “big brother”. Sometimes it’s better to perpetuate the myth, then reveal the boring truth. It’s not like Dick hasn’t interacted with Tim or Jason that much recently. They just don’t stand out.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakiduam View Post
    It's the same dynamic he has with Barbara and you people seem to be OK with that.
    Maybe, it wasn’t for the sexual chemistry and flirtatious repartee.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 04-24-2021 at 11:21 PM.

Incredible Member

Are Dick and Babs going to be a couple in Tom Taylor's run?

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Nightwing #80 sneak peak:

Full nostalgia mood, huh?

Is that Dick's wallet?

I'm not the biggest Tim fan, but as others have said Tim and Dick have had no dynamic since the New 52 started. I prefer him over Babs, honestly. For now. But they are both not the supporting cast I want to see

I would hope that Dick appears in Damian's title first if only by proxy through talk. Damian is the one with Dick's villains after all.

Not that I expect it. The last time Dick substentialy featured in one of Damian's books was BM and Robin. And it feels as if Damian's and his time as Dynamic Duo are ignored more and more.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Nightwing #80 sneak peak:

My boys! I missed these two!

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post
    He only said "it's only the first issue" when asked why Dick and Babs are so casual

or something like that

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    He’s the oldest. On that basis alone he’s the “big brother”. Sometimes it’s better to perpetuate the myth, then reveal the boring truth.
    Nah, you have to put the work in. If you want "Dick is an inspirational figure/like an older brother/incredibly close with Barbara" to be things - and I get that some people don't - then you have to actually *show* those things. Yeah, Taylor's maybe repeating too many 90s beats in these early issues for my taste right now - but it's better than, frankly, everything prior to these issues relying on vague, semi in-continuity dynamics from decades ago and treating them as if they were still in place despite all evidence.

The "returning to Gotham" issue of Grayson is amazing, for instance - but it's based on relationships that hadn't existed on page in continuity prior to that issue.

It’s not like Dick hasn’t interacted with Tim or Jason that much recently. They just don’t stand out.
    Have they? When did Tim and Dick last have a conversation - wasn't there one issue of Grayson where they're on the phone, and that's about it?

(Ric Grayson under Jurgens might have had them meeting up for coffee every week for all I know - I wasn't reading.)

Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post
    Why else would be she there? All that sets her appart is the sexual chemistry and flirtatious repartee, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    Nah, you have to put the work in. If you want "Dick is an inspirational figure/like an older brother/incredibly close with Barbara" to be things - and I get that some people don't - then you have to actually *show* those things. Yeah, Taylor's maybe repeating too many 90s beats in these early issues for my taste right now - but it's better than, frankly, everything prior to these issues relying on vague, semi in-continuity dynamics from decades ago and treating them as if they were still in place despite all evidence.

The "returning to Gotham" issue of Grayson is amazing, for instance - but it's based on relationships that hadn't existed on page in continuity prior to that issue.

Have they? When did Tim and Dick last have a conversation - wasn't there one issue of Grayson where they're on the phone, and that's about it?

(Ric Grayson under Jurgens might have had them meeting up for coffee every week for all I know - I wasn't reading.)
    I believe Tim and Dick interacted recently in The Robin 80th special, Gotham knights and Joker War [I think, can't quite recall what happened in joker war]

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    Full nostalgia mood, huh?

Is that Dick's wallet?

I'm not the biggest Tim fan, but as others have said Tim and Dick have had no dynamic since the New 52 started. I prefer him over Babs, honestly. For now. But they are both not the supporting cast I want to see

I would hope that Dick appears in Damian's title first if only by proxy through talk. Damian is the one with Dick's villains after all.

Not that I expect it. The last time Dick substentialy featured in one of Damian's books was BM and Robin. And it feels as if Damian's and his time as Dynamic Duo are ignored more and more.

Which is a real shame. Damian is Robin because of Dick.

Not to mention they have such a great dynamic + Dick is a positive influence on the kid.
    Last edited by Fergus; 04-25-2021 at 06:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakiduam View Post
    Why else would be she there? All that sets her appart is the sexual chemistry and flirtatious repartee, apparently.
    Well, it's part of their dynamic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Which is a real shame. Damian is Robin because of Dick.

Not to mention they have such a great dynamic + Dick is a positive influence on the kid.
    I'm sure we'll get to Damian in due time.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Bleeding Cool spoiled Titans Academy #2 and revealed the current status of Dick's romantic relationship

I mean you pretty much know what it is by the title so I'm not marking it.

Dick is dating Starfire and tried to convince her that partnering with Babs in Bludhaven is just work. She doesn't believe it.